Memory Upgrade

I own a Dimension 8400 which currently has 1GB ( 2 *512 sticks )of NECC
DDR2 sdram. I want to upgrade to 2 GB of ram. I have ordered 2 * 512
corsair PC4200(553Mhz) memory modules to add to the already installed
sdram. Do you think the corsair sticks will work okay or do you think I
may have problems with them being different from the original installed
sdram.
Any advice appreciated. TIA
ricardo
2 answers Last reply
More about memory upgrade

    ricardo wrote:

    > I own a Dimension 8400 which currently has 1GB ( 2 *512 sticks )of NECC
    > DDR2 sdram. I want to upgrade to 2 GB of ram. I have ordered 2 * 512
    > corsair PC4200(553Mhz) memory modules to add to the already installed
    > sdram. Do you think the corsair sticks will work okay or do you think I
    > may have problems with them being different from the original installed
    > sdram.
    > Any advice appreciated. TIA
    > ricardo

    You shouldn't run into any problems.

    Nicholas Andrade wrote:
    > ricardo wrote:
    >
    >> I own a Dimension 8400 which currently has 1GB ( 2 *512 sticks )of
    >> NECC DDR2 sdram. I want to upgrade to 2 GB of ram. I have ordered 2 *
    >> 512 corsair PC4200(553Mhz) memory modules to add to the already
    >> installed sdram. Do you think the corsair sticks will work okay or do
    >> you think I may have problems with them being different from the
    >> original installed sdram.
    >> Any advice appreciated. TIA
    >> ricardo
    >

    > You shouldn't run into any problems.