Items on Ebay

Manchild

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2005

I am considering purchasing a couple of items on ebay, but just the
pure volume on sale has me worried about them being duped items.

Whats the deal, as much as spending a few dollars to suppliment my
current character is appealing I would hate to have them simply
dissapear on me. Is the stuff on ebay legit or am I a cynic?

MC

Skepticism is a good thing.

ManChild wrote:
> I am considering purchasing a couple of items on ebay, but just the
> pure volume on sale has me worried about them being duped items.
>
> Whats the deal, as much as spending a few dollars to suppliment my
> current character is appealing I would hate to have them simply
> dissapear on me. Is the stuff on ebay legit or am I a cynic?
>
> MC

Manchild

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2005

I dunno - I see all these folk running around in their awesome gear
kicking out 7k in damage as Assassin's and my 'Sin' is doing a whopping
2.4k using of electrical damage. Because I made a mistake putting
points in Shadow Warrior instead of into another trap I have a weak
fire attack and it basically means I am screwed in hell when I come
across resistents.

Thinking about all the hours and hours I have spent getting this
character upto level 88 to see if I could get same damage going, and
going on a zillion nightmare magic find runs if those items where legit
I'd pay for them just so I could be comfortable enough in hell to get
some Hell mf runs going.

There does not seem to be much Assassin gear out there, ironically
though I managed to come up with three IK parts, Gheeds Charm and
managed to kit my barb out.

Hell I even levelled my Barb to 81 so he could use Arioc's needle.

Lotta hours, lotta temptation but I'm not giving my cash to a something
that only hurts Diablo -- if it was a kosher deal though I'd be all
over it.

On 13 Feb 2005 17:04:21 -0800, ManChild <starritt@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am considering purchasing a couple of items on ebay, but just the
> pure volume on sale has me worried about them being duped items.
>
> Whats the deal, as much as spending a few dollars to suppliment my
> current character is appealing I would hate to have them simply
> dissapear on me. Is the stuff on ebay legit or am I a cynic?

I say trust your instincts and stay away from that stuff. Don't give some
pimply twerp your real cash in exchange for something that's possibly
going to go poof. Trade for stuff, gamble for it, find it yourself, swap
with friends, whatever, but I'd NEVER give real money for a damn runeword.
;-)

--
freemont

I was very short on time a couple of years ago and bought a number of items
from eBay - not all the same person - only had one bad experience and that
was a mutual screwup - no malice on the sellers part.

I still have those items.... but as always its a risk.

On 13 Feb 2005 20:53:11 -0800, ManChild <starritt@gmail.com> wrote:

> I dunno - I see all these folk running around in their awesome gear
> kicking out 7k in damage as Assassin's and my 'Sin' is doing a whopping
> 2.4k using of electrical damage. Because I made a mistake putting
> points in Shadow Warrior instead of into another trap I have a weak
> fire attack and it basically means I am screwed in hell when I come
> across resistents.
>
> Thinking about all the hours and hours I have spent getting this
> character upto level 88 to see if I could get same damage going, and
> going on a zillion nightmare magic find runs if those items where legit
> I'd pay for them just so I could be comfortable enough in hell to get
> some Hell mf runs going.
>
> There does not seem to be much Assassin gear out there, ironically
> though I managed to come up with three IK parts, Gheeds Charm and
> managed to kit my barb out.
>
> Hell I even levelled my Barb to 81 so he could use Arioc's needle.
>
> Lotta hours, lotta temptation but I'm not giving my cash to a something
> that only hurts Diablo -- if it was a kosher deal though I'd be all
> over it.

What realm you playing on? ladder or non? Maybe someone can help... maybe
even me... maybe hire a Rogue merc to shoot fire arrows?

--
freemont

Paul

Splendid

>I am considering purchasing a couple of items on ebay, but just the
> pure volume on sale has me worried about them being duped items.
>
> Whats the deal, as much as spending a few dollars to suppliment my
> current character is appealing I would hate to have them simply
> dissapear on me. Is the stuff on ebay legit or am I a cynic?
>
> MC

ebay stuff is almost all duped. having said that, if it is a socketed item
(botd, enigma etc) they ussually send you the item with the last rune not
inserted. you insert the last rune, and then you know that the item will not
disapear. I would consider buying rune word items, Jewels or runes (if i was
going to use them right away) but would be pretty doubtful about buying
poison charms.

have fun,

paul
arizona

ManChild wrote:
> I am considering purchasing a couple of items on ebay, but just the
> pure volume on sale has me worried about them being duped items.
>
> Whats the deal, as much as spending a few dollars to suppliment my
> current character is appealing I would hate to have them simply
> dissapear on me. Is the stuff on ebay legit or am I a cynic?
>
> MC
I game with a group of friends that has collected hundreds of pieces of
equipment that we store on mutually accessable mules. It has been
suggested that we sell off the excess stuff. No BOTD or high level
runes but some really nifty gear non the less. After much discussion
we decided not too. We as a group are generally opposed to the
exchange of "real" money for pixels.

Manchild

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2005

So whats the difference between purchasing the right to use an item and
purchasing a license to use a game?

ManChild wrote:

> So whats the difference between purchasing the right to use an item and
> purchasing a license to use a game?

If you buy an item you pay for a transfer not for a right in any kind.

The license will work after a rollback but the item you bought is vanished.
If you had any *rights* on that item, you could sue blizzard for the
rollback.

BTW: Do you think anyone would sell a legit BotD for $10?

Koile