sid

When i try to activate the mod it says it cant find chaosempire.ce
....missing file
yet it is sitting right next to the chaos empire activater

chaosempire.ce file is 39kb

is sonmething gone screwy in the download or am i doing sumpin wrong
apart from my spelling :)

SiD

"SiD" <sHlabVe@quickshizzsilver.com.nz> skrev i en meddelelse
> When i try to activate the mod it says it cant find chaosempire.ce
> ...missing file
> yet it is sitting right next to the chaos empire activater
>
> chaosempire.ce file is 39kb
>
> is sonmething gone screwy in the download or am i doing sumpin wrong
> apart from my spelling :)
>
> SiD

Hi.

Have you activated your CE ???
Look at your start menu.

Xantia

sliver

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2005

"SiD" <sHlabVe@quickshizzsilver.com.nz> wrote in message
> When i try to activate the mod it says it cant find chaosempire.ce
> ...missing file
> yet it is sitting right next to the chaos empire activater
>
> chaosempire.ce file is 39kb
>
> is sonmething gone screwy in the download or am i doing sumpin wrong
> apart from my spelling :)

I had the same problem. I went to the forums to read. One suggestion was if
your diablo is in c:\program files\diablo that CE has a problem with the
space between program and files. You can uninstall the works and reinstall
in c:\games\diablo or whatever as long as there is no space. Bad news is it
didn't work for me and I have no hacks, cheats or mods (this was the first
one I was going to try) either. I tried uninstalling regediting the whole
deal several times and several ways and gave up LOL Kind of a pisser after
dloading a 70meg file (which in my ire I then deleted LOL). So the steps as
per the forum are

1/ install diablo2 in a no spaces directory i.e. c:\games\diablo
2/ install LOD
3/ update to 1.10
4/ install ce 7.50
5/ install the patch 7.51 (I tried with this step and without this step to
no avail LOL)
6/ activate ce using the ce activater
to switch back to LOD use the activater again.

Having done all this several times I got no where. Oh and CE is not win9*/me
compliant which could also be a problem if your using one of those systems.
(Im on winxp so there should have been no probs.) Hopefully something here
will help you 8D

--
In a World Full of Insanity
Here I Stand.

Sliver wrote:
> "SiD" <sHlabVe@quickshizzsilver.com.nz> wrote in message
>
>>When i try to activate the mod it says it cant find chaosempire.ce
>>...missing file
>>yet it is sitting right next to the chaos empire activater
>>
>>chaosempire.ce file is 39kb
>>
>>is sonmething gone screwy in the download or am i doing sumpin wrong
>>apart from my spelling :)
>

> I had the same problem. I went to the forums to read. One suggestion was if
> your diablo is in c:\program files\diablo that CE has a problem with the
> space between program and files. You can uninstall the works and reinstall
> in c:\games\diablo or whatever as long as there is no space. Bad news is it
> didn't work for me and I have no hacks, cheats or mods (this was the first
> one I was going to try) either. I tried uninstalling regediting the whole
> deal several times and several ways and gave up LOL Kind of a pisser after
> dloading a 70meg file (which in my ire I then deleted LOL). So the steps as
> per the forum are
>
> 1/ install diablo2 in a no spaces directory i.e. c:\games\diablo
> 2/ install LOD
> 3/ update to 1.10
> 4/ install ce 7.50
> 5/ install the patch 7.51 (I tried with this step and without this step to
> no avail LOL)
> 6/ activate ce using the ce activater
> to switch back to LOD use the activater again.
>
> Having done all this several times I got no where. Oh and CE is not win9*/me
> compliant which could also be a problem if your using one of those systems.
> (Im on winxp so there should have been no probs.) Hopefully something here
> will help you 8D

I had the same problem... until I actually thought about what was being
said. Reverse steps 5 and 6 above and it works wonderfully...

Now if I could only figure out what those damn elixirs are for...

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 16:39:18 GMT, Michael bride <mikebride@shaw.ca> wrote:

-shnip-

> I had the same problem... until I actually thought about what was being
> said. Reverse steps 5 and 6 above and it works wonderfully...
>
> Now if I could only figure out what those damn elixirs are for...

As Diane pointed out above, they add experience. Guzzle'em and lvl up.

--
freemont

Diane

Michael bride <mikebride@shaw.ca> wrote in

> Now if I could only figure out what those damn elixirs are for...

The elixirs give you experience points. Right click on them. It's not a
lot, but a little is better than none, lol.

Diane

sliver

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2005

"Michael bride" <mikebride@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> Sliver wrote:
>> "SiD" <sHlabVe@quickshizzsilver.com.nz> wrote in message
>>
>>>When i try to activate the mod it says it cant find chaosempire.ce
>>>...missing file
>>>yet it is sitting right next to the chaos empire activater
>>>
>>>chaosempire.ce file is 39kb
>>>
>>>is sonmething gone screwy in the download or am i doing sumpin wrong
>>>apart from my spelling :)
>>

>> I had the same problem. I went to the forums to read. One suggestion was
>> if your diablo is in c:\program files\diablo that CE has a problem with
>> the space between program and files. You can uninstall the works and
>> reinstall in c:\games\diablo or whatever as long as there is no space.
>> Bad news is it didn't work for me and I have no hacks, cheats or mods
>> (this was the first one I was going to try) either. I tried uninstalling
>> regediting the whole deal several times and several ways and gave up LOL
>> Kind of a pisser after dloading a 70meg file (which in my ire I then
>> deleted LOL). So the steps as per the forum are
>>
>> 1/ install diablo2 in a no spaces directory i.e. c:\games\diablo
>> 2/ install LOD
>> 3/ update to 1.10
>> 4/ install ce 7.50
>> 5/ install the patch 7.51 (I tried with this step and without this step
>> to no avail LOL)
>> 6/ activate ce using the ce activater
>> to switch back to LOD use the activater again.
>>
>> Having done all this several times I got no where. Oh and CE is not
>> win9*/me compliant which could also be a problem if your using one of
>> those systems. (Im on winxp so there should have been no probs.)
>> Hopefully something here will help you 8D
>>
> I had the same problem... until I actually thought about what was being
> said. Reverse steps 5 and 6 above and it works wonderfully...

I tried without step 5 at all my friend and it didn't work then either.
Missing file is missing file and refused to activate. When I did as the
forums suggested and deleted the suspect file and try again suddenly there
was a whole pile o files missing all hiding in the 110/0rg folder which I
then tried moving manually and still to no avail. (deciphering german is no
fun either when ya don't speak it and are guessing at intent LOL)

--
In a World Full of Insanity
Here I Stand.

sid

"Sliver" <SliverREMOVETHIS@personainternet.com> wrote in message
> "SiD" <sHlabVe@quickshizzsilver.com.nz> wrote in message
>> When i try to activate the mod it says it cant find chaosempire.ce
>> ...missing file
>> yet it is sitting right next to the chaos empire activater
>>
>> chaosempire.ce file is 39kb
>>
>> is sonmething gone screwy in the download or am i doing sumpin wrong
>> apart from my spelling :)
>
> I had the same problem. I went to the forums to read. One suggestion was
> if your diablo is in c:\program files\diablo that CE has a problem with
> the space between program and files. You can uninstall the works and
> reinstall in c:\games\diablo or whatever as long as there is no space. Bad
> news is it didn't work for me and I have no hacks, cheats or mods (this
> was the first one I was going to try) either. I tried uninstalling
> regediting the whole deal several times and several ways and gave up LOL
> Kind of a pisser after dloading a 70meg file (which in my ire I then
> deleted LOL). So the steps as per the forum are
>
> 1/ install diablo2 in a no spaces directory i.e. c:\games\diablo
> 2/ install LOD
> 3/ update to 1.10
> 4/ install ce 7.50
> 5/ install the patch 7.51 (I tried with this step and without this step to
> no avail LOL)
> 6/ activate ce using the ce activater
> to switch back to LOD use the activater again.
>
> Having done all this several times I got no where. Oh and CE is not
> win9*/me compliant which could also be a problem if your using one of
> those systems. (Im on winxp so there should have been no probs.) Hopefully
> something here will help you 8D

Cheers for that ....i tried all you suggested

Now i have D2client.dll error ....three reinstalls later same problem ....

hmmm now where is that WoW subscription

SiD

Sliver wrote:
>>I had the same problem... until I actually thought about what was being
>>said. Reverse steps 5 and 6 above and it works wonderfully...
>

> I tried without step 5 at all my friend and it didn't work then either.
> Missing file is missing file and refused to activate. When I did as the
> forums suggested and deleted the suspect file and try again suddenly there
> was a whole pile o files missing all hiding in the 110/0rg folder which I
> then tried moving manually and still to no avail. (deciphering german is no
> fun either when ya don't speak it and are guessing at intent LOL)

Right - and after I had installed, updated and had it refuse to
activate, I wound up uninstalling every thing and starting over.

1. Install Diablo 2
2. Install Lord of Destruction
3. Update to 1.10
4. Install Chaos Empire 7.5.0