a particular website.

I used to have a site saved in my favorites, it showed how the different
characters looked in different armors, etc. Now that I want to see just how
ugly I can make my trapper, I can't find it.

I've decided that instead of going for +3 Traps on main and +3 Shadow skills
on switch, I'm going to just go for a Spirit Sword and Shield combo. In
terms of survival, I think those would be a bit more beneficial.

The Vit/Mana/FHR and resists would help more than 2 more +skill levels for
the Traps. Besides, I'm going for negative style points. I'd like to end
up with a Harley, Naj's Armor, a Crystal Sword, and a Monarch shield. Hrmm,
nothing else changes the appearance, right?

Of course I don't have a Naj's Armor, so I guess I'll have to settle for a
Tal's until I find one, if I ever get to lvl 71 to begin with.

Doh! I forgot about HoTO!

Any clue what a Vex is trading for nowadays? That would work even better
than the Spirit sword, methinks. Flails look better too!
Oh, and does anyone know what color these runewords make the items? :)
Flail doesn't really matter, but the Crystal Sword and Monarch Shield are
points of interest :)

short - so if you find a white Monarch or Naj's armor, you know where to
find me :eek:)

"Gundemarie Scholz" <spamyousilly@inbox.ru> wrote in message
> short wrote:
> > a particular website.
> >
> > I used to have a site saved in my favorites, it showed how the
> > different characters looked in different armors, etc. Now that I
> > want to see just how ugly I can make my trapper, I can't find it.
>
> This one?
> http://diablo2.ingame.de/tips/Modenschau/index.php

Almost!

This one will work though, it looks like the same pics but laid out
differently. Err, and in German :)
Thanks a lot!!

short - Now I just have to imagine the different colors of the sets and
uniques........

short schrieb:
> a particular website.
>
> I used to have a site saved in my favorites, it showed how the different
> characters looked in different armors, etc. Now that I want to see just how
> ugly I can make my trapper, I can't find it.

http://diablo2.ingame.de/tips/Modenschau/assa/
German web site, english names are included.

> I've decided that instead of going for +3 Traps on main and +3 Shadow skills
> on switch, I'm going to just go for a Spirit Sword and Shield combo. In
> terms of survival, I think those would be a bit more beneficial.

I doubt it. Even though 2x Spirit comes with +44 vit, you have to invest
heavily in str (156 for Monarch) and dex (160 for 42% blocking with
Monarch at clvl 80, 42% is what Weapon Block gives at slvl 5). A
'classic' trapper with 60/60 str/dex can spent 196 more points into
vitality. That translates into (196-44)*3 = 456 more life! Plus Weapon
Block can block attacks that can't be blocked by shields, like the
famous Gloams' lightning attacks.

> The Vit/Mana/FHR and resists would help more than 2 more +skill levels for
> the Traps. Besides, I'm going for negative style points. I'd like to end
> up with a Harley, Naj's Armor, a Crystal Sword, and a Monarch shield. Hrmm,
> nothing else changes the appearance, right?

Ok, I forgot to add in the 200 mana from 2x Spirit. If that gap would be
covered by investing in energy, it would require 133 points. But all my
Trappers so far had base energy, and used other sources for mana, like
Bahamut rings and such.

> Of course I don't have a Naj's Armor, so I guess I'll have to settle for a
> Tal's until I find one, if I ever get to lvl 71 to begin with.
>
> Doh! I forgot about HoTO!
>
> Any clue what a Vex is trading for nowadays? That would work even better
> than the Spirit sword, methinks. Flails look better too!

What about your score in negative style points? ;)

> Oh, and does anyone know what color these runewords make the items? :)
> Flail doesn't really matter, but the Crystal Sword and Monarch Shield are
> points of interest :)

Spirit doesn't change the colors at all.

--
Hannes, who does not think you want to try this on HCL Europe.

"Hannes Brunner" <bruhan12@web.de> wrote in message
> short schrieb:
> > a particular website.
> >
> > I used to have a site saved in my favorites, it showed how the different
> > characters looked in different armors, etc. Now that I want to see just
how
> > ugly I can make my trapper, I can't find it.
>
> http://diablo2.ingame.de/tips/Modenschau/assa/
> German web site, english names are included.

Thankee!

> > I've decided that instead of going for +3 Traps on main and +3 Shadow
skills
> > on switch, I'm going to just go for a Spirit Sword and Shield combo. In
> > terms of survival, I think those would be a bit more beneficial.
>
> I doubt it. Even though 2x Spirit comes with +44 vit, you have to invest
> heavily in str (156 for Monarch) and dex (160 for 42% blocking with
> Monarch at clvl 80, 42% is what Weapon Block gives at slvl 5). A
> 'classic' trapper with 60/60 str/dex can spent 196 more points into
> vitality. That translates into (196-44)*3 = 456 more life! Plus Weapon
> Block can block attacks that can't be blocked by shields, like the
> famous Gloams' lightning attacks.

Well, I'm going for more vit and a non_standard Assassin look.
However, you jerks with logical explanations are slowly steering me towards
claw/claw anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter :0)~
Besides, I'll have a Gull dagger on switch, I'll just pull that out when I
feel like looking Nifty.

> > The Vit/Mana/FHR and resists would help more than 2 more +skill levels
for
> > the Traps. Besides, I'm going for negative style points. I'd like to
end
> > up with a Harley, Naj's Armor, a Crystal Sword, and a Monarch shield.
Hrmm,
> > nothing else changes the appearance, right?
>
> Ok, I forgot to add in the 200 mana from 2x Spirit. If that gap would be
> covered by investing in energy, it would require 133 points. But all my
> Trappers so far had base energy, and used other sources for mana, like
> Bahamut rings and such.
>
> > Of course I don't have a Naj's Armor, so I guess I'll have to settle for
> > Tal's until I find one, if I ever get to lvl 71 to begin with.
> >
> > Doh! I forgot about HoTO!
> >
> > Any clue what a Vex is trading for nowadays? That would work even
better
> > than the Spirit sword, methinks. Flails look better too!
>
> What about your score in negative style points? ;)

Ouch. Good point. Mayhap I can just act like they don't look cool on an
Assassin. That work?

> > Oh, and does anyone know what color these runewords make the items? :)
> > Flail doesn't really matter, but the Crystal Sword and Monarch Shield
are
> > points of interest :)
>
> Spirit doesn't change the colors at all.

Cool!!

> > short - so if you find a white Monarch or Naj's armor, you know where to
> > find me :eek:)
>
> --
> Hannes, who does not think you want to try this on HCL Europe.

Noooo, or HCL anywhere else for that matter :)
In all seriousness, I'd rather go for a HotO and a Spirit Shield, but I
doubt I'll be getting a Vex anytime soon. Hmm, or Splendor, or Rhyme even.
Argh!!!

short

short wrote:
> "Gundemarie Scholz" <spamyousilly@inbox.ru> wrote in message
>
>>short wrote:
>>
>>>a particular website.
>>>
>>>I used to have a site saved in my favorites, it showed how the
>>>different characters looked in different armors, etc. Now that I
>>>want to see just how ugly I can make my trapper, I can't find it.
>>
>>This one?
>>http://diablo2.ingame.de/tips/Modenschau/index.php
>

> Almost!
>
> This one will work though, it looks like the same pics but laid out
> differently. Err, and in German :)
> Thanks a lot!!
>

> short - Now I just have to imagine the different colors of the sets and
> uniques........

Here a simple translation of the top text on this site(might have some
word errors, but should have the same meaning):

You want to play with visual style? You want to create a character that
looks good? But you don't know how? This site shall help you choose the
right items.

Colors:
All pictures are made with non-magical items. But many magic, unique and
set-items also have a characteristic color which change the look of your
character. Magic items get the color from their magical attributes.
Socketed items get their color from the first item socketed into them.
Unique and Set items have a characteristic color, that can't be changed
by socketing the item. This color can be found in the "Item-Datenbank".
As it is too complex to take a picture for every color: Try it out.

Armor:
[...]

I hope that helps!

Sascha Hoemig

"Sascha Hoemig" <sascha.hoemigNO@SPAMweb.de> wrote in message
> short wrote:
> > "Gundemarie Scholz" <spamyousilly@inbox.ru> wrote in message

> >>This one?
> >>http://diablo2.ingame.de/tips/Modenschau/index.php
> >

> > Almost!
> >
> > This one will work though, it looks like the same pics but laid out
> > differently. Err, and in German :)
> > Thanks a lot!!
> >

> > short - Now I just have to imagine the different colors of the sets and
> > uniques........
> >

> Here a simple translation of the top text on this site(might have some
> word errors, but should have the same meaning):
>
> You want to play with visual style? You want to create a character that
> looks good? But you don't know how? This site shall help you choose the
> right items.
>
> Colors:
> All pictures are made with non-magical items. But many magic, unique and
> set-items also have a characteristic color which change the look of your
> character. Magic items get the color from their magical attributes.
> Socketed items get their color from the first item socketed into them.
> Unique and Set items have a characteristic color, that can't be changed
> by socketing the item. This color can be found in the "Item-Datenbank".
> As it is too complex to take a picture for every color: Try it out.

Sweet!
Now, while you're at it, how about translating the Item-Datenbank for me as
well? :eek:)

They messed up though, and still didn't put the correct colors of the
uniques n stuff, just the plain items. Unless it is somewhere in the German
description.....
No big deal though, since I know what colors the actual uniques are, I just
wanted to know what the different armors looked like.

thanks again!

short

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 00:58:42 +0100, Sascha Hoemig
<sascha.hoemigNO@SPAMweb.de> wrote:

>grau = grey = gray ?? which one is right?

>Sascha Hoemig

Both ;-)

ald