socket quest

"Calvin" <wc006d5503@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:%NxQd.111500$K7.90884@fe2.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
> just want to ask does lazark only give u 1 socket for the quest or does it
> depend on the item?

Depends on the item. Rare, set, and unique item only get one socket, magic
items can get one or two and normal items can get from one up to the maximum
possible for the item type, depending on where you found it. Normal items
found in higher acts and difficulties will receive more sockets than those
found earlier in the game.

RelMark

"RelMark" <bsmith77@dreamscape.com> wrote in message
> "Calvin" <wc006d5503@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> > just want to ask does lazark only give u 1 socket for the quest or does
it
> > depend on the item?
>and normal items can get from one up to the maximum

Is this right, or have I just been on a streak of getting the max sockets
when L sockets an item? Every normal item I socket has gotten the max even
when I didn't want it to. I thought you had to use the cube recipe to get
between 1 and max (burning the runes and item for each attempt).

john graesser schrieb:
> "RelMark" <bsmith77@dreamscape.com> wrote in message
>
>>"Calvin" <wc006d5503@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>>
>>>just want to ask does lazark only give u 1 socket for the quest or does
>
> it
>
>>>depend on the item?
>>
>>and normal items can get from one up to the maximum
>
> Is this right, or have I just been on a streak of getting the max sockets
> when L sockets an item? Every normal item I socket has gotten the max even
> when I didn't want it to. I thought you had to use the cube recipe to get
> between 1 and max (burning the runes and item for each attempt).

How many sockets Lazurk will perforate in a white item depends on the
item level (and thus on the level of the monster which dropped the item
or on the character level when shopping). A list can be found here:
http://www.diabloii.net/items/sockets-list.shtml

---
Hannes

"Hannes Brunner" <bruhan12@web.de> wrote in message
> john graesser schrieb:
> > "RelMark" <bsmith77@dreamscape.com> wrote in message
> >
> >>"Calvin" <wc006d5503@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

> > it

> >>and normal items can get from one up to the maximum
> >
> > Is this right, or have I just been on a streak of getting the max
sockets
> > when L sockets an item? Every normal item I socket has gotten the max
even
> > when I didn't want it to. I thought you had to use the cube recipe to
get
> > between 1 and max (burning the runes and item for each attempt).
>
> How many sockets Lazurk will perforate in a white item depends on the
> item level (and thus on the level of the monster which dropped the item
> or on the character level when shopping). A list can be found here:
> http://www.diabloii.net/items/sockets-list.shtml

Yup. So what he's saying is, don't lug that crystal sword from Act 2 all
the way to Act 5 and hope for 4 sockets.

short - Nope, I didn't just do that 2 day ago, nosirreee!

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005, "short" wrote:

>> Yup. So what he's saying is, don't lug that crystal sword from Act 2 all
>> the way to Act 5 and hope for 4 sockets.

Unless you get it in Nightmare, yes?

--

USEast HC Ladder: Rockstomper

"Brian Brunner" <brian.brunner@verizon.net.prophet> wrote in message
> On Wed, 16 Feb 2005, "short" wrote:
>
> >> Yup. So what he's saying is, don't lug that crystal sword from Act 2
all
> >> the way to Act 5 and hope for 4 sockets.
>
> Unless you get it in Nightmare, yes?
>

> --

I don't know, I was too scared to try it again. In NM would it get 4 or 5?

short - you only get so many socket quests, ya know?

"short" <shorts@zoominternet.net> wrote in message

> short - you only get so many socket quests, ya know?

If you are hellforge rushing mules, then a 2 min stop at act5 normal to kill
shenk isn't much lost time. I get all the socket quests I need that way. I
would like a cube recipe to remove 1 socket at a time, that way people could
get six sockets in an item and then cube it down to whatever they actually
needed.

"~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz> wrote in message
> john graesser wrote:
> > "short" <shorts@zoominternet.net> wrote in message
> >
> >> short - you only get so many socket quests, ya know?
> >
> > If you are hellforge rushing mules, then a 2 min stop at act5 normal
> > to kill shenk isn't much lost time.
>
> If only it were that simple. 2 minutes? I use a Zealot to rush and to get to
> Shenk you must first deal with the IM-casting OKs in the Chaos Sanctuary.
> You have to kill Diablo before you can get to Harrogath.
>
> Oh, you're talking normal. Does anyone do normal hellforge rushes? The drops
> are terrible. I usually don't even bother with them.

Well, if you're doing rushes for later difficulties, won't you be passing
through Act V Normal anyway? :)

> "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz> wrote in message
> > john graesser wrote:
> > > "short" <shorts@zoominternet.net> wrote in message

> > > If you are hellforge rushing mules, then a 2 min stop at act5 normal
> > > to kill shenk isn't much lost time.
> >
> > If only it were that simple. 2 minutes? I use a Zealot to rush and to
get to
> > Shenk you must first deal with the IM-casting OKs in the Chaos
Sanctuary.
> > You have to kill Diablo before you can get to Harrogath.
> >
> > Oh, you're talking normal. Does anyone do normal hellforge rushes? The
drops
> > are terrible. I usually don't even bother with them.
>
> Well, if you're doing rushes for later difficulties, won't you be passing
> through Act V Normal anyway? :)

Well at least one person understood what I was going for. When I have all
three comps here going and rushing 2 mules with my strafezon (much safer in
chaos sanc), as I get to act5 normal before I punch out of the game to
search for baal questers I will normally do shenk to get the socket quest. I
haven't been doing past act 4 nightmare with the rush, hell hellforge rushes
are still beyond my comfort level, I have done exactly 6 hell hellforges,
all with full chars questing in the past year and a half of playing and the
best rune was a mal, not worth the time and effort to get chars there. I can
do 6 nm hellforge quests in a busy afternoon, with any luck I can cube at
least an um from that.

"john graesser" <graesser@tca.net> wrote in message

> "short" <shorts@zoominternet.net> wrote in message
>
> > short - you only get so many socket quests, ya know?
>
> If you are hellforge rushing mules, then a 2 min stop at act5 normal to
kill
> shenk isn't much lost time. I get all the socket quests I need that way. I
> would like a cube recipe to remove 1 socket at a time, that way people
could
> get six sockets in an item and then cube it down to whatever they actually
> needed.

I've tagged along on a few, but have never tried it myself. I guess I could
though, having 2 computers an all now but that would take some effort.

short - so I'll probably never do it :)