Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

lvl70 dies in normal

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
February 16, 2005 5:49:04 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

first time i saw that, rip.

i spent some time in public games yesterday. yes i hear you, dont do that :D 
a lvl70 javazon was so nice to help for diablo in a 8 player game.
already inside chaos sanctuary she still went on using charged strike. i
wondered if she is going suicide and wanted to warn her, but then i wasnt
sure if IM happens in normal mode.

somebody told me that there are no OKs in normal worldstone keep, can anyone
second that ?
so i thought maybe there are no OKs in normal chaos sanctuary as well, but
that must have been wrong.
i didnt see any OKs though...but suddenly that javazon died, everyone
wondered what happened.

well, it's been some time since i played normal mode, thats why i dont know
anymore :D 

btw...during those 4 hours in public games, there were about 10 pk attempts.
my bear still alive :D 
stefan

More about : lvl70 dies normal

Anonymous
February 16, 2005 6:36:42 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 14:49:04 +0100, Stefan Roth wrote:

> first time i saw that, rip.
>
> i spent some time in public games yesterday. yes i hear you, dont do that
> :D  a lvl70 javazon was so nice to help for diablo in a 8 player game.
> already inside chaos sanctuary she still went on using charged strike. i
> wondered if she is going suicide and wanted to warn her, but then i wasnt
> sure if IM happens in normal mode.
>

Im is also in normal mode, and it still hurts, if i'm not completely wrong
OK throws level level 7 IM which returns 350% damage.

> somebody told me that there are no OKs in normal worldstone keep, can
> anyone second that ?

I don't remember ever seen OK there, but that doesn't mean that they
cannot be there, and i'm pretty sure that in nm and hell they only lives
in wsk 1 and wsk 3 and then of course the throne room.

> so i thought maybe there are no OKs in normal chaos sanctuary as well, but
> that must have been wrong.
> i didnt see any OKs though...but suddenly that javazon died, everyone
> wondered what happened.
>

I've seen level 80+ die in CS from iron maiden.

> well, it's been some time since i played normal mode, thats why i dont
> know anymore :D 
>
> btw...during those 4 hours in public games, there were about 10 pk
> attempts. my bear still alive :D 

Brave man :) 

--
Sonni
Anonymous
February 16, 2005 7:59:22 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

"Stefan Roth" <dev@null.nix> wrote in message news:1108561744.448417@nbgm66x...
>
> somebody told me that there are no OKs in normal worldstone keep, can anyone
> second that ?

I believe the randomized Act V monsters only appear in Nightmare and Hell, so
the Chaos Sanctuary should be the only place Oblivion Knights appear in normal.

RelMark
Anonymous
February 17, 2005 1:44:22 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

On 16-Feb-2005, "RelMark" <bsmith77@dreamscape.com> wrote:

> "Stefan Roth" <dev@null.nix> wrote in message
> news:1108561744.448417@nbgm66x...
> >
> > somebody told me that there are no OKs in normal worldstone keep, can
> > anyone
> > second that ?
>
> I believe the randomized Act V monsters only appear in Nightmare and Hell,
> so
> the Chaos Sanctuary should be the only place Oblivion Knights appear in
> normal.
>
> RelMark

Umm... don't they show up at the end of act 4? Beyond the River of Flames
WP - I don't remember the name of the area off hand, the area with the 5
seals that release Diablo.
--
Don't Panic!
February 17, 2005 1:44:23 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

"ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname> wrote in message
news:a1QQd.4603$VI5.2229@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net...
>
> On 16-Feb-2005, "RelMark" <bsmith77@dreamscape.com> wrote:
>
>> "Stefan Roth" <dev@null.nix> wrote in message
>> news:1108561744.448417@nbgm66x...
>> >
>> > somebody told me that there are no OKs in normal worldstone keep, can
>> > anyone
>> > second that ?
>>
>> I believe the randomized Act V monsters only appear in Nightmare and
>> Hell,
>> so
>> the Chaos Sanctuary should be the only place Oblivion Knights appear in
>> normal.
>>
>> RelMark
>
> Umm... don't they show up at the end of act 4? Beyond the River of Flames
> WP - I don't remember the name of the area off hand, the area with the 5
> seals that release Diablo.

That's the chaos sanctuary 8D

--
In a World Full of Insanity
Here I Stand.
Sliver
February 17, 2005 2:24:20 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

"ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname> wrote in
news:a1QQd.4603$VI5.2229@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net:

>
> On 16-Feb-2005, "RelMark" <bsmith77@dreamscape.com> wrote:
>
>> "Stefan Roth" <dev@null.nix> wrote in message
>> news:1108561744.448417@nbgm66x...
>> >
>> > somebody told me that there are no OKs in normal worldstone keep,
>> > can anyone
>> > second that ?
>>
>> I believe the randomized Act V monsters only appear in Nightmare and
>> Hell, so
>> the Chaos Sanctuary should be the only place Oblivion Knights appear
>> in normal.
>>
>> RelMark
>
> Umm... don't they show up at the end of act 4? Beyond the River of
> Flames WP - I don't remember the name of the area off hand, the area
> with the 5 seals that release Diablo.

That's the Chaos Sanctuary and yes, the OK are there and I hate them.

Diane
Anonymous
February 18, 2005 12:40:55 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

>>> >
>>> > somebody told me that there are no OKs in normal worldstone keep,
>>> > can anyone
>>> > second that ?
>>>
>>> I believe the randomized Act V monsters only appear in Nightmare and
>>> Hell, so
>>> the Chaos Sanctuary should be the only place Oblivion Knights appear
>>> in normal.
>>>
>>> RelMark
>>
>> Umm... don't they show up at the end of act 4? Beyond the River of
>> Flames WP - I don't remember the name of the area off hand, the area
>> with the 5 seals that release Diablo.
>
> That's the Chaos Sanctuary and yes, the OK are there and I hate them.
>
> Diane

Quite an interesting way to effectively end melee soloing, don't you think?
February 18, 2005 7:48:41 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

"CymTyr" <wolf@spambox.net> wrote in
news:rUoRd.104848$mt.12308@fed1read03:

>>>> >
>>>> > somebody told me that there are no OKs in normal worldstone keep,
>>>> > can anyone
>>>> > second that ?
>>>>
>>>> I believe the randomized Act V monsters only appear in Nightmare
>>>> and Hell, so
>>>> the Chaos Sanctuary should be the only place Oblivion Knights
>>>> appear in normal.
>>>>
>>>> RelMark
>>>
>>> Umm... don't they show up at the end of act 4? Beyond the River of
>>> Flames WP - I don't remember the name of the area off hand, the area
>>> with the 5 seals that release Diablo.
>>
>> That's the Chaos Sanctuary and yes, the OK are there and I hate them.
>>
>> Diane
>
> Quite an interesting way to effectively end melee soloing, don't you
> think?
>
>
>

Fact is, it's random. I went there and the OK killed me off. I saved
the game and started over again, and this time there wasn't an OK
anywhere in sight. So, the game throws out the monsters randomly and if
you come upon a crowd that you can't handle, you can always save the
game and start over again for a different draw. Sometimes that's better
than getting killed and losing the xp.

Diane
Anonymous
February 18, 2005 9:23:09 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

On 18-Feb-2005, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> wrote:

> Fact is, it's random. I went there and the OK killed me off. I saved
> the game and started over again, and this time there wasn't an OK
> anywhere in sight. So, the game throws out the monsters randomly and if
> you come upon a crowd that you can't handle, you can always save the
> game and start over again for a different draw. Sometimes that's better
> than getting killed and losing the xp.
>
> Diane

Which is exactly what I did last night when those lava dog acid spitting
things showed up in the River of Flame, just boogied back to the WP and then
went and walked around the first two areas of act 4 for awhile for 'stuff'
and exp.
--
Don't Panic!
Anonymous
February 18, 2005 9:40:19 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Diane wrote:
> Fact is, it's random. I went there and the OK killed me off. I saved
> the game and started over again, and this time there wasn't an OK
> anywhere in sight. So, the game throws out the monsters randomly and if
> you come upon a crowd that you can't handle, you can always save the
> game and start over again for a different draw. Sometimes that's better
> than getting killed and losing the xp.
>
> Diane

Furthermore, there are some key notes about OKs:

a) OK belongs to a type of monsters categorized as Oblivion Knights,
others in the group are Doom Knight and Abyss Knight. Abyss Knights
always come by themselves. OKs always come with Doom Knights, ie,
you will not find an OK in an area without Doom Knights, with the
possible exception of champion packs. Boss OKs always have Doom
Knights as body guards (example: Lord de Seis).

b) In Normal difficulty, OK only appears in Chaos Sanctuary in Act4.
They will not show up elsewhere.

c) In Nightmare/Hell, OK may also spawn, randomly, as guest monsters
in these places: Infernal Pit, Worldstone Keep level 3, and Throne
of Destruction. To the best of my knowledge, only 3 types of
monsters will spawn in any of these areas (and most other areas).
So, for example, if you see Death Lords, Hell Temptress, and
Specters in WSK3, then you will not see an OK there (but good lord,
these are enough.)

When appearing as guest monsters, OK has slightly different
attributes than his Act4 Chaos counterparts. For example, the Chaos
OK has 180% CR in Hell, whereas the WSK guest OK only has 145% CR
(but does it matter?) They do have the same life, mlvl, experience,
and same level of hatred towards human players.

d) AFAIK, OK casts a kind of IM, known as Bestow. The slvls of this
"IM" curse are 2/5/9 in Normal/NM/Hell respectively. I have no idea
what percentage of damage a slvl 2 Bestow returns. However, it
means the OK in NM will return more than double of damage than his
Normal difficulty counterparts will do, and same for the Hell dudes.


Bing
Co-Author, "Why do OKs hate us so much?"
February 19, 2005 3:20:06 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Bingain <bingain@yahoo.com> wrote in
news:37ncmvF5dotriU1@individual.net:

> Diane wrote:
>> Fact is, it's random. I went there and the OK killed me off. I
>> saved the game and started over again, and this time there wasn't an
>> OK anywhere in sight. So, the game throws out the monsters randomly
>> and if you come upon a crowd that you can't handle, you can always
>> save the game and start over again for a different draw. Sometimes
>> that's better than getting killed and losing the xp.
>>
>> Diane
>
> Furthermore, there are some key notes about OKs:
>
> a) OK belongs to a type of monsters categorized as Oblivion Knights,
> others in the group are Doom Knight and Abyss Knight. Abyss Knights
> always come by themselves. OKs always come with Doom Knights, ie,
> you will not find an OK in an area without Doom Knights, with the
> possible exception of champion packs. Boss OKs always have Doom
> Knights as body guards (example: Lord de Seis).
>
> b) In Normal difficulty, OK only appears in Chaos Sanctuary in Act4.
> They will not show up elsewhere.
>
> c) In Nightmare/Hell, OK may also spawn, randomly, as guest monsters
> in these places: Infernal Pit, Worldstone Keep level 3, and Throne
> of Destruction. To the best of my knowledge, only 3 types of
> monsters will spawn in any of these areas (and most other areas).
> So, for example, if you see Death Lords, Hell Temptress, and
> Specters in WSK3, then you will not see an OK there (but good lord,
> these are enough.)
>
> When appearing as guest monsters, OK has slightly different
> attributes than his Act4 Chaos counterparts. For example, the Chaos
> OK has 180% CR in Hell, whereas the WSK guest OK only has 145% CR
> (but does it matter?) They do have the same life, mlvl, experience,
> and same level of hatred towards human players.
>
> d) AFAIK, OK casts a kind of IM, known as Bestow. The slvls of this
> "IM" curse are 2/5/9 in Normal/NM/Hell respectively. I have no idea
> what percentage of damage a slvl 2 Bestow returns. However, it
> means the OK in NM will return more than double of damage than his
> Normal difficulty counterparts will do, and same for the Hell dudes.
>
>
> Bing
> Co-Author, "Why do OKs hate us so much?"
>
>

So in other words, if you're going to face off with an OK, you'd damned
well better be prepared or you die. LOL. Thanks for the info. You've
made it all very clear.

Diane
Anonymous
February 19, 2005 2:02:19 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Bingain wrote:
>[snip]
>
> c) In Nightmare/Hell, OK may also spawn, randomly, as guest monsters
> in these places: Infernal Pit, Worldstone Keep level 3, and Throne
> of Destruction. To the best of my knowledge, only 3 types of
> monsters will spawn in any of these areas (and most other areas).
> So, for example, if you see Death Lords, Hell Temptress, and
> Specters in WSK3, then you will not see an OK there (but good lord,
> these are enough.)
>

They also live in WSK1.....

> When appearing as guest monsters, OK has slightly different
> attributes than his Act4 Chaos counterparts. For example, the Chaos
> OK has 180% CR in Hell, whereas the WSK guest OK only has 145% CR
> (but does it matter?) They do have the same life, mlvl, experience,
> and same level of hatred towards human players.
>
> d) AFAIK, OK casts a kind of IM, known as Bestow. The slvls of this
> "IM" curse are 2/5/9 in Normal/NM/Hell respectively. I have no idea
> what percentage of damage a slvl 2 Bestow returns. However, it
> means the OK in NM will return more than double of damage than his
> Normal difficulty counterparts will do, and same for the Hell dudes.
>

Where you got that info from with their cursing level ?
All i've been able to find is that curse level = monster level/4

--
Sonni
-=-=-
.... Support bacteria...it's the only culture some people have.
Anonymous
February 19, 2005 6:43:23 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

Sonni Skammelsen wrote:
>> c) In Nightmare/Hell, OK may also spawn, randomly, as guest monsters
>> in these places: Infernal Pit, Worldstone Keep level 3, and Throne
>> of Destruction.
>
> They also live in WSK1.....

I can't confirm this atm. Lately I haven't been there much. The
info I listed were from arreats summit.


>> d) AFAIK, OK casts a kind of IM, known as Bestow. The slvls of this
>> "IM" curse are 2/5/9 in Normal/NM/Hell respectively. I have no idea
>> what percentage of damage a slvl 2 Bestow returns. However, it
>> means the OK in NM will return more than double of damage than his
>> Normal difficulty counterparts will do, and same for the Hell dudes.
>>
>
> Where you got that info from with their cursing level ?
> All i've been able to find is that curse level = monster level/4


From d2data.net. It looks like data there were from the respective
MPQ files, but I have heard reports of info there being incorrect.
However from there it looks like many monster spells, although look
like player spells and have similar/same effects, they are actually
different spells.

Bing
!