Fastest weapon for Pally?

Hi,

my level 59 Pally Ranger (SP) is looking for a nice secondary melee weapon.
As he has high elemental damage (Holy Shock/Freeze) he is looking for a a
very fast sword or axe.

I have tried the weapon speed calc, but it only shows speed for Zeal/Smite
and Standard attack. How about Vengeance?

Duress armor, crafted Blood gloves and GoreRiders already give 40% Crushing
Blow, so I don't really need this on the weapon.

How about a Heaven's Light scepter? +3 pally skills, 33% CB, 2 open
sockets. If I throw in two SHAEL's, I'd be at 60%IAS. With just another 10%
IAS I'd be at 5 attacks per second?

So, what are the fastest normal weapons for a Pally? Any special uniques?

Thanx,

Oliver
7 answers Last reply
More about fastest weapon pally

    Oliver Wenzel wrote:
    > So, what are the fastest normal weapons for a Pally? Any special uniques?

    http://www.hut.fi/~tgustafs/paladin.html

    This guide was wrote for 1.09 builds, but the equipment section
    gives very good and detailed discussion on various gears. It
    doesn't cover any new 1.01 runeword items, naturally.

    Bing

    Yeah the Holyshock gets synergised on Dream mine does
    about 7k+ max damage but i havent fully maxed out the
    synergies.

    Oliver Wenzel wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > my level 59 Pally Ranger (SP) is looking for a nice secondary melee weapon.
    > As he has high elemental damage (Holy Shock/Freeze) he is looking for a a
    > very fast sword or axe.

    If we are looking at elite onehanded weapons then it's something like this.

    Axe = War Spike -10, 39 avg damage
    Sword = Phae Blade and Ataghan -20, 33 and 36 avg damage
    maces = scourge and Truncheon -10, 41,5 and 49 avg damage
    scepters = caduceus -10, 40 avg damage

    If you want to go higher then look for uniques or runewords.

    > I have tried the weapon speed calc, but it only shows speed for Zeal/Smite
    > and Standard attack. How about Vengeance?

    Vengeance is like standard attack, there is no ias only ar on vengeance.

    > Duress armor, crafted Blood gloves and GoreRiders already give 40% Crushing
    > Blow, so I don't really need this on the weapon.
    >
    > How about a Heaven's Light scepter? +3 pally skills, 33% CB, 2 open
    > sockets. If I throw in two SHAEL's, I'd be at 60%IAS. With just another 10%
    > IAS I'd be at 5 attacks per second?

    Thats with zeal.
    My own avenger is going for griswold, the weapon base is -10, and then
    40 ias on the weapon, and with 2 shaels and 2 15 ias jewels i will reach
    max speed with vengeance 3,1 attacks per second.

    > So, what are the fastest normal weapons for a Pally? Any special uniques?

    look above :)

    --
    Sonni
    -=-=-

    Hi,

    Sonni Skammelsen <news@sonni.org> wrote in

    > Oliver Wenzel wrote:
    >> my level 59 Pally Ranger (SP) is looking for a nice secondary melee
    >> weapon. As he has high elemental damage (Holy Shock/Freeze) he is
    >> looking for a a very fast sword or axe.
    >
    > If we are looking at elite onehanded weapons then it's something like
    > this.
    >
    > Axe = War Spike -10, 39 avg damage
    > Sword = Phae Blade and Ataghan -20, 33 and 36 avg damage
    > maces = scourge and Truncheon -10, 41,5 and 49 avg damage
    > scepters = caduceus -10, 40 avg damage
    >
    > If you want to go higher then look for uniques or runewords.

    yeah, the plan is to runeword one of these items. But most runewords I can
    afford need 3 or 4 sockets - the Ataghan only has 2 and Phase blade will
    get 6 from Larzuk.
    I currently only have an Ancient sword (speed 0) with 3 sockets and will
    try Lawbringer or Crescent Moon in it.

    >> How about a Heaven's Light scepter? +3 pally skills, 33% CB, 2 open
    >> sockets. If I throw in two SHAEL's, I'd be at 60%IAS. With just
    >> another 10% IAS I'd be at 5 attacks per second?
    >
    > Thats with zeal.
    > My own avenger is going for griswold, the weapon base is -10, and then
    > 40 ias on the weapon, and with 2 shaels and 2 15 ias jewels i will
    > reach max speed with vengeance 3,1 attacks per second.

    with Vengeance, the scepter only gets down to 2.5 attacks per second. Looks
    like Zeal is the much better choice of attack. And I'll get lots of
    elemental damage from Holy Shock or Freeze.
    And I still DREAM of finding a JAH rune... Do you know if Holy Shock aura
    from DREAM gets synergies from Resist Lighning and Salvation?

    Regards,

    Oliver

    Oliver Wenzel wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Sonni Skammelsen <news@sonni.org> wrote in
    >

    >>Oliver Wenzel wrote:
    >>
    >>>my level 59 Pally Ranger (SP) is looking for a nice secondary melee
    >>>weapon. As he has high elemental damage (Holy Shock/Freeze) he is
    >>>looking for a a very fast sword or axe.
    >>
    >>If we are looking at elite onehanded weapons then it's something like
    >>this.
    >>
    >>Axe = War Spike -10, 39 avg damage
    >>Sword = Phae Blade and Ataghan -20, 33 and 36 avg damage
    >>maces = scourge and Truncheon -10, 41,5 and 49 avg damage
    >>scepters = caduceus -10, 40 avg damage
    >>
    >>If you want to go higher then look for uniques or runewords.
    >

    > yeah, the plan is to runeword one of these items. But most runewords I can
    > afford need 3 or 4 sockets - the Ataghan only has 2 and Phase blade will
    > get 6 from Larzuk.
    > I currently only have an Ancient sword (speed 0) with 3 sockets and will
    > try Lawbringer or Crescent Moon in it.

    I would go Crescent moon, it has - enemy lightning res and itd.

    >>>How about a Heaven's Light scepter? +3 pally skills, 33% CB, 2 open
    >>>sockets. If I throw in two SHAEL's, I'd be at 60%IAS. With just
    >>>another 10% IAS I'd be at 5 attacks per second?
    >>
    >>Thats with zeal.
    >>My own avenger is going for griswold, the weapon base is -10, and then
    >>40 ias on the weapon, and with 2 shaels and 2 15 ias jewels i will
    >>reach max speed with vengeance 3,1 attacks per second.
    >

    > with Vengeance, the scepter only gets down to 2.5 attacks per second. Looks
    > like Zeal is the much better choice of attack. And I'll get lots of
    > elemental damage from Holy Shock or Freeze.
    > And I still DREAM of finding a JAH rune... Do you know if Holy Shock aura
    > from DREAM gets synergies from Resist Lighning and Salvation?

    No, that i don't now.
    But do you now if BREAM'a aura will stack with the aura from skill's so
    you will get +35 skill koly shock ?

    --
    Sonni
    -=-=-

    > Oliver Wenzel wrote:
    >> And I still DREAM of finding a JAH rune... Do you know if Holy Shock
    >> aura from DREAM gets synergies from Resist Lighning and Salvation?
    >
    > No, that i don't now.
    > But do you now if BREAM'a aura will stack with the aura from skill's
    > so you will get +35 skill koly shock ?

    well, I know that DREAM shield and helm auras stack = level 30 Holy
    Shock!
    And on my Enchantress this was multiplied by her lightning mastery.

    So I guess there's a good chance that HS synergies will work. If it does,
    I'm gonna start a new pally ranger with ICE bow (level 18 Holy Freeze
    aura) and DREAM shield and maxxed synergies while saving about 20 points
    from HF/HS.

    My pally is now level 60, only 5 levels till I can experiment with a
    DREAM helmet and ICE bow.. Fully maxed, ranged attacks would have about
    3K cold damage plus 1-8895 lightning damage per arrow.. Plus the damage
    over time and the freeze effect..

    Arrgh, I wish I could keep that stuff...

    Regards,

    Oliver

    Oliver Wenzel wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > my level 59 Pally Ranger (SP) is looking for a nice secondary melee
    > weapon. As he has high elemental damage (Holy Shock/Freeze) he is
    > looking for a a very fast sword or axe.
    >
    > I have tried the weapon speed calc, but it only shows speed for
    > Zeal/Smite and Standard attack. How about Vengeance?
    >
    > Duress armor, crafted Blood gloves and GoreRiders already give 40%
    > Crushing Blow, so I don't really need this on the weapon.
    >
    > How about a Heaven's Light scepter? +3 pally skills, 33% CB, 2 open
    > sockets. If I throw in two SHAEL's, I'd be at 60%IAS. With just
    > another 10% IAS I'd be at 5 attacks per second?
    >
    > So, what are the fastest normal weapons for a Pally? Any special
    > uniques?

    Horizon's Tornado unique scourge. Base weapon speed of -10, mod of 50% IAS
    as well as slow target.
    --
    ~misfit~

    x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD