I dont have Wireless, but its in Device Manager!

jaimegmr

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2001
I just noticed 2 days ago that there is a listing for an "Infrared Port" under Network Adapters in Device Manager. The most weird thing is that I do not even have an Infrared Port! It appeared out of nowhere.

Under Device Status it said this:
"Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device. (Code 41)"

Well Of course it cant find it, its not even there!.
How can I remove this?

My TV tuner does have an infrared cable with a remote, but I have had it for a while now and it did not install the "Infrared Port" that appears in Device Manager.

Signature X__________________________ <-- Sign here please.

Rob423

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
did you add/create a new network connection? if you clicked a wrong thing or something it will create that if you chose those options, ... Do you have an Infarad device like anything wireless on your system? if not just right click and delete.

Asus A7N8X Deluxe
80gb Maxtor
200gb WD 8mb cache..
Lian-Li PC-60
Lite-On 52X
AMD XP2800+
LeadTek GeForce 4 Ti4200 w/vivo 128mb 8x
Hitachi CML174
1 GB Corsair XMS PC3200 Cas2

jaimegmr

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2001
I try to uninstall it but it gives me an error saying that it cant find the hardware so it cant uninstall.

Signature X__________________________ <-- Sign here please.

Check COM port settings in BIOS. Most allow COM 2 (or B) to be configured as an infared port. Disable the COM port and you should be able to remove the infared device.

<font color=red> If you design software that is fool-proof, only a fool will want to use it. </font color=red>