Sign in with
Your question

Crucial Low Perf 8500LE

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 8, 2002 6:30:57 PM

Boy, was I wrong about Crucial Technology starting a premier line of video cards.

Their first video card offering, a Radeon 8500LE has 6ns memory clocked at only 166 mhz. This is the slowest 8500LE memory on the market! The memory is 84 mhz slower than the retail 8500LE built by ATI! This memory is just as slow as the slowest of the Radeon 8500 LELE's. (Do you remember those?) What do you think this will do to performance? Yuck!

I always had respect for Crucial Technology, until now.

I feel bad for any unspecting customers that pay $134.99 for that card!

<b>I have so many cookies I now have a FAT problem!</b>
August 8, 2002 6:36:01 PM

there was actually a review of the crucial R8500...it was terribly slow compared to the original...lemme see if i can find that review...

:eek:  <b>L <font color=red>A</font color=red> e <font color=red>T</font color=red> a <font color=red>I</font color=red> K</b> :eek: 
August 8, 2002 6:39:37 PM

found it...
<A HREF="http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=1186&p..." target="_new">here</A>
it was compared to the gf4mx...maybe crucials whole intention was to compete with the mx series...not the ti's...who knows?

:eek:  <b>L <font color=red>A</font color=red> e <font color=red>T</font color=red> a <font color=red>I</font color=red> K</b> :eek: 
August 8, 2002 7:13:05 PM

Just as bad as I thought it would be.

Price-wise I see it's targeted at potential Geforce4 MX440 customers but how could Crucial Technology overlook all of the other 8500LE's out there. Some of them are diamonds in the rough. This one is a turd in the rough. Watch your step.

<b>I have so many cookies I now have a FAT problem!</b>
!