What is the best way to equip the Immortal King Stone Crusher. I have the
maul, the gloves, the boots, and the helment, but not the armor (and I
understand that is hard to find) What can I use to get my strenght level up
to 225 (req for the maul) Is there a standard solution that everyone uses
or do I just keep searching and carrying every strength increasing device I
can find?
The only other option I can see is putting every point I get into strength
and that will leave me hurting very badly in NM and Hell difficulty with no
vitality points.

Thanks

Clam Ranger wrote:
> What is the best way to equip the Immortal King Stone Crusher. I
> have the maul, the gloves, the boots, and the helment, but not the
> armor (and I understand that is hard to find) What can I use to get
> my strenght level up to 225 (req for the maul) Is there a standard
> solution that everyone uses or do I just keep searching and carrying
> every strength increasing device I can find?
> The only other option I can see is putting every point I get into
> strength and that will leave me hurting very badly in NM and Hell
> difficulty with no vitality points.
>
> Thanks

Just pump str until you can equip the maul, and then don't worry about vit.
The IK set even without the armor makes a barb near godly. I had a HC mf'er
barb who used the IK set and an upgraded Skulder's instead of the IK armor.
He had around 2800 life with BO and never came close to biting it, running
everything. Of course, you have to take the usual precautions around dolls
and OKs.

This is HC PvE, which would also hold true in "regular" I'd imagine. Can't
tell you about PvP.

--
chainbreaker

Clam Ranger wrote:
> What is the best way to equip the Immortal King Stone Crusher. I have the
> maul, the gloves, the boots, and the helment, but not the armor (and I
> understand that is hard to find) What can I use to get my strenght level up
> to 225 (req for the maul) Is there a standard solution that everyone uses
> or do I just keep searching and carrying every strength increasing device I
> can find?
> The only other option I can see is putting every point I get into strength
> and that will leave me hurting very badly in NM and Hell difficulty with no
> vitality points.
>
> Thanks

Since the armor is lvl 76 anyway, you won't be equipping it till late nm
or hell anyway. You can str bug it using charms but I didn't. I
planned and figured out exactly how much str I would need to add each
lvl to get 187 base at lvl 76. 187 is the amount needed before the
added str from the belt and gloves. I but every other point into
vitality. My build is a standard IK concentration barb. With IK,
ravenfrost, highlords, a AR and LL magic ring he didn't have any
problems going all the way through game, making it to Guardian at lvl 81.
Like all melee he has probs with IM, but berserk and warcry are one
point wonders.
If you play East HCL and need armor, let me know.

"Clam Ranger" <Clam_Ranger@Clamdorosa.net> wrote in message
> What is the best way to equip the Immortal King Stone Crusher. I have the
> maul, the gloves, the boots, and the helment, but not the armor (and I
> understand that is hard to find) What can I use to get my strenght level
up
> to 225 (req for the maul) Is there a standard solution that everyone uses
> or do I just keep searching and carrying every strength increasing device
> can find?
> The only other option I can see is putting every point I get into strength
> and that will leave me hurting very badly in NM and Hell difficulty with
no
> vitality points.

the armor isn't a problem to get. i bought mine for an um, and a friend of
mine got it for a pul in the meantime (EuHCL).
so with some luck at nm hellforge you're done.
the ik set brings 45 strength by itself (belt+gloves), spend the points, you
will have enough life anyway, at least 3k with some bo.
if you dont want to, you need to socket the weapon AND the armor with a -15
req item, which is not nice IMO.
stefan

Darn, I play SCL west :( but thanks for the offer.

"Bullet" <Bulletstopper@insghitbb.thisdoesntbelong.com> wrote in message
> Clam Ranger wrote:
>>

> If you play East HCL and need armor, let me know.

Thanks to everyone who replied. I am just starting Nightmare level with my
new barb. He will be an IK/conc barb with a point in Berserk to get rid of
those pesky OKs in the Chaos Sanctuary. In preparation I have already
socketed the IK stone crusher with two Shaels to up the attack speed (hope
this is the right thing to do. If not, I have a Hel rune to take care of
it). What do I need to put in the other sockets of the set?

"Clam Ranger" <Clam_Ranger@Clamdorosa.net> wrote in message
> What is the best way to equip the Immortal King Stone Crusher. I have the
> maul, the gloves, the boots, and the helment,

my ik barb is a whirlwinder he has one sheal in the maul and a Amn for life
steal and the helm and armor have p topazs for magic find as i found he had
plenty of resists and enough of everything eles so rather then leave them
empty i used them

> Thanks to everyone who replied. I am just starting Nightmare level with
my
> new barb. He will be an IK/conc barb with a point in Berserk to get rid
of
> those pesky OKs in the Chaos Sanctuary. In preparation I have already
> socketed the IK stone crusher with two Shaels to up the attack speed (hope
> this is the right thing to do. If not, I have a Hel rune to take care of
> it). What do I need to put in the other sockets of the set?
>

> "Clam Ranger" <Clam_Ranger@Clamdorosa.net> wrote in message
> > What is the best way to equip the Immortal King Stone Crusher. I have
the
> > maul, the gloves, the boots, and the helment,

briank

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2004

> my ik barb is a whirlwinder he has one sheal in the maul and a Amn for
> life

Umm... you do know that with this socketing you're only attacking at 6
frames rather than the 4 you could be at if you went with 2xIAS jewels or
2xShael?

50% more attacks = 50% more leach.

BK