Ping Diane (CEmod stuff)

Well, I went ahead and started NM last night, got the first two quests done
so far. I was doing some 'walkabouts' in normal and got the Diablo Clone in
Abaddon(sp?) pit, he decimated my minions from 11/5 (skel/skelmage) down to
2/1 in about 5 seconds so I decided to come back to him later (about level
60 or above I think, up to 50 now). I wasn't leveling very fast even doing
WSK and Baal so I figured I would try NM again. The very beginning of NM is
a bit tough - when you only got the one golem and 5 or 6 fallen minions
surround him right off the bat you better hope he kills one quickly so you
can raise a skelly to help him out.

A couple of necro tips, my apologies if they are known to you already:
For those Lava Maw's - confuse 'em - that way they are not all concentrating
on your minions, they are strong enough that they will not kill each other
but they will stay busy until your guys get to them. (the reason you don't
want them to kill each other is that then you do not get the experience plus
it does not have any of your magic find applied)
If you have trouble getting your skellies into a new room with you remember
the poem - When if panic, fear, or doubt, run in circles scream and shout. -
in other words, run/walk in the smallest circles you can and they will keep
coming instead of bottling up in a doorway (usually). Also, sometimes
casting your bone armor makes them gather round you too.
--
Don't Panic!

Doh, I forgot I wanted to mention - only put one point into Bone Armor, then
put points into Bone Wall, additional Bone Armor gives you 10 more defense
but adding to Bone Wall gives you the synergy that gives you 25 more defense
with your Bone Armor.
--
Don't Panic!

Diane

"ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname> wrote in

> Well, I went ahead and started NM last night, got the first two quests
> done so far.

Well congrats to that!! You're a brave man, HA!!

I was doing some 'walkabouts' in normal and got the
> Diablo Clone in Abaddon(sp?) pit, he decimated my minions from 11/5
> (skel/skelmage) down to 2/1 in about 5 seconds so I decided to come
> back to him later (about level 60 or above I think, up to 50 now). I
> wasn't leveling very fast even doing WSK and Baal so I figured I would
> try NM again. The very beginning of NM is a bit tough - when you only
> got the one golem and 5 or 6 fallen minions surround him right off the
> bat you better hope he kills one quickly so you can raise a skelly to
> help him out.

Funny, I got him last night too. He was wicked mean. I found him in
the Infernal Pit. He killed off my 8 skellies, 4 mages and my Blood
Golem immediately and left me and my merc for about 15 secs or so before
he had his way with us. At clvl43, he's too tough for me. I won't be
going back there anytime soon.

> A couple of necro tips, my apologies if they are known to you already:
> For those Lava Maw's - confuse 'em - that way they are not all
> concentrating on your minions, they are strong enough that they will
> not kill each other but they will stay busy until your guys get to
> them. (the reason you don't want them to kill each other is that then
> you do not get the experience plus it does not have any of your magic
> find applied)

Ah ok. I knew there had to be a trick to this. I've been casting IM on
them, but that doesn't appear to do much.

> If you have trouble getting your skellies into a new
> room with you remember the poem - When if panic, fear, or doubt, run
> in circles scream and shout. - in other words, run/walk in the
> smallest circles you can and they will keep coming instead of bottling
> up in a doorway (usually). Also, sometimes casting your bone armor
> makes them gather round you too.

I've been using my bone armor quite a bit. I happen to like that one,
especially when all those Unseens crowd around me. I can get out and
then cast CE and watch them fall.

I have a ways to go before I'll be ready to get out of Normal, but me
thinks I'm not so much looking forward to NM, LOL. Oh, and I know what
you mean about xp slowing down for levelup. That gets annoying after a
while. We keep repeating the same areas over and over and don't see a
level up, but sometimes that's what you need to do b/c your other option
is less desirable, lol.

Diane

> Doh, I forgot I wanted to mention - only put one point into Bone
> Armor, then put points into Bone Wall, additional Bone Armor gives you
> 10 more defense but adding to Bone Wall gives you the synergy that
> gives you 25 more defense with your Bone Armor.

OK. I currently have 7 pts in bone armor, but 4 of them are coming from
items. My next is to put pts into Bone wall.

Also, I don't have Confuse. I need to put pts into Dim Vision I guess
first and then Confuse.

I'm almost at level 44. Probably need to kill one more pack of minions
and then I'll level up, so with these next to pts, I guess I should put
one in Dim Vision and the other in Confuse. At the next level up I can
put them both into Bone Wall, or maybe one into bone wall and another
into skellies. I want to get more skellies, lol.

Keep sending the info my way. I'm learning lots.

Thanks.

Diane

TRENDING THREADS