weirdest thing ive seen in a while

corby20

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2001
i just put my comp together and im using a radeon 7500 with windows xp. on the right side of the screen i have a strip that warps my display, eg , the X(close) button is half right and half sorta distorted, really odd, i dont think its affecting the wallpaper but it messes up the mouse icon. theres no real discoloration but its like my screen is stretched for like 1/4 inch on the right side.

does anyone think its the drivers or windows corrupt or ever experienced anything similar?

can't beat the AMSTRAD

BigBiggist

Distinguished
May 17, 2002
I had a similar problem once with my old viewsonic monitor. Luckily it was still under warrenty and they fixed it with no problem. Both sides were streched out, kinda zoomed in but more stretched. So, it could be the monitor. I don't know what else it could be. I heard that when u put magnetic stuff near the monitor like speakers or something it might mess it up. It might not be true though. Check your monitor specs and make sure they support whatever settings u have your vid-card set on too. That might be it but i doubt it. It could also be the drivers. Make sure you do have the latest drivers.

cakecake

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2002
Speakers can affect monitors. But not as bad as people think. Probably just really old monitors with huge and hot shadow masks are affected.

1° of separation between my monopoly and yours. That's business with .NET