Having Trouble Displaying PC on TV

bigmike

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2002
I have the 810 Intel Chipset (600 MHZ Celeron). I cant seem to get the PC to display on the TV, I have an onboard ATI Ragepro 2MB (very limited on Display options).

I also have the Encore Creative 8x DVD Drive, which comes with a decoder board, Im able to view the DVD on the TV but not the desktop.

Is there any way with the equipment I have to display the desktop on the TV? Im trying to record something from the Windows Media. All help is appreciated.

Stiffler

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2001
Does that ATI have a TV out ? If not the answer is simple NO!

A DVD decoder is just that and will not display anything else, and there is no other easier way to get TV display than a TV out on a Graphics card. But please note that desktop displayed on a Telivison is of a much lower quality than a monitor ! But DivX's are great to watch on the TV :eek:)

Tim

I can call you Betty, and Betty when you call me... You can call me Al

bigmike

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2002
Thanks Stiffler for responding, What videocard would you recommend? Im looking to do some videoediting as well. Not too much gaming. I heard the ATI all in wonder card will do it? What do you think?

Stiffler

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2001
Those are nice cards, especially if you are not interested in Gaming too much, and its TV out is of a higher standard than the nVidia based cards ! The Radeon 8500 All In Wonder is the best and has loads and loads of features including a Radio Remote ! but lower All In woner models are good too.

Tim

I can call you Betty, and Betty when you call me... You can call me Al