Hi,

I just found a very nice ethereal Boneweave armor in NM WSK3. It has a full
754 defense!

I could socket it with the cube recipe and hope for 3 sockets to build a
DURESS armor. Or let Larzuk put 4 sockets in it.

What to do and what runeword to build?

Regards,

Oliver

Oliver Wenzel <ouuch@t-online.de> wrote in

> Hi,
>
> I just found a very nice ethereal Boneweave armor in NM WSK3. It has a
> full 754 defense!
>
> I could socket it with the cube recipe and hope for 3 sockets to build
> a DURESS armor. Or let Larzuk put 4 sockets in it.
>
> What to do and what runeword to build?
>
> Regards,
>
> Oliver

It's not possible to make runewords in unique items - it would be a waste
of your runes.

Gr. Chris

Chris de Bruin <dotnetREMOVE@THISgekkenhuisx.nl> wrote in

> Oliver Wenzel <ouuch@t-online.de> wrote in
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just found a very nice ethereal Boneweave armor in NM WSK3. It has
>> a full 754 defense!
>>
>> I could socket it with the cube recipe and hope for 3 sockets to
>> build a DURESS armor. Or let Larzuk put 4 sockets in it.
>>
>> What to do and what runeword to build?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Oliver
>>

> It's not possible to make runewords in unique items - it would be a
> waste of your runes.
>
> Gr. Chris

Sorry! I just re-read your post and noticed you're not talking about a
unique. Got up too early this morning and the eyes won't work with me.

You could also try a wealth armor and pass it to a merc. that
accompanies a magic-find character.

Gr. Chris

i would get 4 socks from larzuk and make either a Stone armor or (if your
rich) Fortitude for merc.

Clincher

"Oliver Wenzel" <ouuch@t-online.de> schreef in bericht

Oliver Wenzel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just found a very nice ethereal Boneweave armor in NM WSK3. It has a full
> 754 defense!
>
> I could socket it with the cube recipe and hope for 3 sockets to build a
> DURESS armor. Or let Larzuk put 4 sockets in it.
>
> What to do and what runeword to build?

If you want 3 sockets in it, the cube is your only hope :)
i'm on 50/50 eith getting the socekts i want with the cube so it's worth
trying, at least i do it much :)

--
Sonni-=-=-
Support bacteria...it's the only culture some people have.

I think it was Oliver Wenzel <ouuch@t-online.de> that wrote something
like...

>Hi,
>
>I just found a very nice ethereal Boneweave armor in NM WSK3. It has a full
>754 defense!
>
>I could socket it with the cube recipe and hope for 3 sockets to build a
>DURESS armor. Or let Larzuk put 4 sockets in it.
>
>What to do and what runeword to build?
>
>Regards,
>
>Oliver

I'd cube it for the sockets. I'd expect you to have a 50% chance of
getting either 3 or 4 sockets (but who can be sure with blizzard maths
involved?) And if you do only get 2 sockets, there's always smoke.
Still, I suppose it'd be a 1 in 4 chance of only getting 1 socket,
which does seem all too likely. I had that happen to a mid 600 def
eth archons. Major bummer.

Ashen Shugar
The moon by day, and the sun by night.
Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
Let the Lord of Chaos rule!

Hi,

"Clincher" <drevil23500@hotmail.com> wrote in news:38bafsF5i2vflU1
@individual.net:

>> I could socket it with the cube recipe and hope for 3 sockets to build a
>> DURESS armor. Or let Larzuk put 4 sockets in it.
>>
>> What to do and what runeword to build?

[Quoting adjusted]

> i would get 4 socks from larzuk and make either a Stone armor or (if your
> rich) Fortitude for merc.

Hmm, Fortitude seems somewhat wasted on a Merc, especially as I can't even
afford one for my actual chars..
So, I guess it's either Duress or Stone depending on how many sockets I
get. A perfect STONE armor would yield about 3K defense..

Regards,

Oliver

> Hi,
>
> "Clincher" <drevil23500@hotmail.com> wrote in news:38bafsF5i2vflU1
> @individual.net:
>
> >> I could socket it with the cube recipe and hope for 3 sockets to build
> >> DURESS armor. Or let Larzuk put 4 sockets in it.
> >>
> >> What to do and what runeword to build?
> >>
> [Quoting adjusted]
>
> > i would get 4 socks from larzuk and make either a Stone armor or (if
your
> > rich) Fortitude for merc.
> >

> Hmm, Fortitude seems somewhat wasted on a Merc, especially as I can't even
> afford one for my actual chars..
> So, I guess it's either Duress or Stone depending on how many sockets I
> get. A perfect STONE armor would yield about 3K defense..
>
> Regards,
>
> Oliver

i said if your rich :).. fortitude is still a great armor for merc,
duress is only good for a merc if you get more then 80% crushing total imo.

Clincher

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005, (Ashen Shugar) wrote:

>> I think it was Oliver Wenzel <ouuch@t-online.de> that wrote something
>> like...
>>
>> >Hi,
>> >
>> >I just found a very nice ethereal Boneweave armor in NM WSK3. It has a full
>> >754 defense!
>> >
>> >I could socket it with the cube recipe and hope for 3 sockets to build a
>> >DURESS armor. Or let Larzuk put 4 sockets in it.
>> >
>> >What to do and what runeword to build?
>> >
>> >Regards,
>> >
>> >Oliver
>>
>> I'd cube it for the sockets. I'd expect you to have a 50% chance of
>> getting either 3 or 4 sockets (but who can be sure with blizzard maths
>> involved?) And if you do only get 2 sockets, there's always smoke.
>> Still, I suppose it'd be a 1 in 4 chance of only getting 1 socket,
>> which does seem all too likely. I had that happen to a mid 600 def
>> eth archons. Major bummer.

Per Blizzard, you have an even chance of 1, 2, 3, 4, 4, or 4 sockets.

PTopaz, Smoke, Duress, CoH in that order for the # of sockets.

--

USEast HC Ladder: Rockstomper

TRENDING THREADS