My CD key has been hacked!!!

Is there any way I can remedy this problem without it costing me $15.00 or
more? I contacted Blizzard and their solution is to send them the case to
the game plus ten bucks and they will send me a new case with new cd-key.
This will probably take over a month. I have already checked, and it will
cost me a minimum of $4.87 to send the case to them. OR I could go buy
another copy for $20.00 but I really don't want to have to buy a game I
already own. Can anyone provide me with another option.

P.S. I have no way of finding out who is using my key. When I try to log on
to battlenet it says:

Your cd-key is being used by:

.

Only one cd-key can be logged in at once.
(yes that is a dot, that is all it shows)

--
UVB
Ulric Van Bergen

keith

Be sure that you have not just quit diablo without logging off
because you will get this situation which doesnt always
mean your key has been hijacked.Give it 5 minutes before
logging back on.

Ulric Van Bergen (UVB) wrote:
> Is there any way I can remedy this problem without it costing me
> $15.00 or more? I contacted Blizzard and their solution is to send
> them the case to the game plus ten bucks and they will send me a
> new case with new cd-key. This will probably take over a month. I
> have already checked, and it will cost me a minimum of $4.87 to
> send the case to them. OR I could go buy another copy for $20.00
> but I really don't want to have to buy a game I already own. Can
> anyone provide me with another option.

Usually these keys are not really hacked but rather provided by a key
generator which happens to generate not only valid, but also existing
keys. Nevertheless you should check your PC for trojans that could be
able to read your keys that are located in one of the game MPQs.

If you don't want to pay money for a new key you could try again and
again to log in until you succeed. Once in the channel stay there as
long as you can, the person who has been using your key will notice it
at some point, and for him it is easier to just reinstall the game
with a new key than trying to wait for you to log out.

--
AGD2 FAQ: http://www.gunde.de/diablo2/agd2faq.html

"keith" <keith@kconnell.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in

> Be sure that you have not just quit diablo without logging off
> because you will get this situation which doesnt always
> mean your key has been hijacked.Give it 5 minutes before
> logging back on.

I know this is not the case, because it happens when I first log on for the
day. It happens at least 4 days out of the week, and it ONLY happens when I
am trying to log on for the first time that day. It never happens if I log
off, and then back on too quickly.

--

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005, "Gundemarie Scholz" wrote:

>> Ulric Van Bergen (UVB) wrote:
>> > Is there any way I can remedy this problem without it costing me
>> > $15.00 or more? I contacted Blizzard and their solution is to send
>> > them the case to the game plus ten bucks and they will send me a
>> > new case with new cd-key. This will probably take over a month. I
>> > have already checked, and it will cost me a minimum of $4.87 to
>> > send the case to them. OR I could go buy another copy for $20.00
>> > but I really don't want to have to buy a game I already own. Can
>> > anyone provide me with another option.
>>

>> Usually these keys are not really hacked but rather provided by a key
>> generator which happens to generate not only valid, but also existing
>> keys. Nevertheless you should check your PC for trojans that could be
>> able to read your keys that are located in one of the game MPQs.
>>
>> If you don't want to pay money for a new key you could try again and
>> again to log in until you succeed. Once in the channel stay there as
>> long as you can, the person who has been using your key will notice it
>> at some point, and for him it is easier to just reinstall the game
>> with a new key than trying to wait for you to log out.

Agree with the method!

To stay on for a LOOONG time, take any char that can use mana in town
(like a Zon casting Valk), and park a brick or rubber band on the
(right) mouse key. Take the weekend off somewhere, leave the game
running. If it's a hell game, you might even get Diablo Clone in that
game.

--

USEast HC Ladder: Rockstomper

Well, after much deliberation I decided to simply buy the battlechest all
over again, especially since my gf got into the game, bought secondhand
copies and didn't get the strategy guide and wants mine. So I can give her
the old one and keep the new one from the new battlechest. Plus I can take
the old copies to EB or somesuch other place and get a little gold
(er...green) for them.

--
UVB
Ulric Van Bergen
ulric_van_bergen@hotmail.com
(remove the underscores if you wish to email me)

On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 01:37:21 GMT, "Ulric Van Bergen (UVB)"
<ulric_van_bergen@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Well, after much deliberation I decided to simply buy the battlechest all
>over again, especially since my gf got into the game, bought secondhand
>copies and didn't get the strategy guide and wants mine. So I can give her
>the old one and keep the new one from the new battlechest. Plus I can take
>the old copies to EB or somesuch other place and get a little gold
>(er...green) for them.

EB buys used PC games? That's a new one on me. The ones in my area
certainly don't. And their selection of pc games has gone directly
into the toilet, as they are concetrating on more goddamn console
games.

> EB buys used PC games? That's a new one on me. The ones in my area
> certainly don't. And their selection of pc games has gone directly
> into the toilet, as they are concetrating on more goddamn console
> games.

Electronic's Boutique is probably the largest buyer of used video games in
any format in the eastern US. Has been for years. Their cash amounts are
low, but they give more if you get store credit instead. Every EB in
Indiana buys games, and most of them also buy used dvd's.