CE questions

First problem: I can't find the waypoint in Tristram.
Second: Can I refill magic or rare arrows?

Any help appreciated, TIA.

Rudi

Diane

"Falko Rudolph" <falkorudolph@gmx.de> wrote in news:38gsh4F5l1v6jU1
@individual.net:

> First problem: I can't find the waypoint in Tristram.
> Second: Can I refill magic or rare arrows?
>
> Any help appreciated, TIA.
>
> Rudi

The WP in Tristram is at a + wall connection. Go over to the wall near
where you TP in from Stony Field, and at the cross section (+) click in
the upper left of the cross. It's very tricky and difficult until you
finally find it and it's highlighted, but then it's easy after that b/c
you know where it is.

As for the magic or rare arrows, I don't know about that as I haven't
played with a Bowazon yet.

Welcome to the game. If you have more questions, there's quite a few of
us here that are playing and people are very helpful. Just ask away.

Diane

On 28-Feb-2005, "Falko Rudolph" <falkorudolph@gmx.de> wrote:

> First problem: I can't find the waypoint in Tristram.

It is hiding behind the wall over where you used to portal in. Just
'above' where the old portal would appear. Did you find your stash over
by the big rock where Wirt used to be (it looks like a camel is trying to
eat it or something, heh)

> Second: Can I refill magic or rare arrows?

I am not sure. Definitely not the 'usual' way, but, I have seen it 'fill'
them if/when I sell them to Gheed, but if you sell to Charsi they just
disappear. I try to use Magic Arrow most of the time with my zon just so
I will not have to futz with refilling.

> Any help appreciated, TIA.
>
> Rudi

HTH, HAND
--
Don't Panic!

First:
In diablo 2, there is no waypoint in Tristram.

Second:
There is no such thing as rare/magic or unique arrows. Only normal, unless
you are an amazon using the skill named "Magic arrow".

On 1-Mar-2005, "Alkaline" <ddd2004@comcast.net> wrote:

> First:
> In diablo 2, there is no waypoint in Tristram.
>
> Second:
> There is no such thing as rare/magic or unique arrows. Only normal,
> unless
> you are an amazon using the skill named "Magic arrow".

Sorry to confuse you, the OP was asking about the Chaos Empire mod. In
the CEmod there is a WP in Tristam and there are magic and rare arrows and
bolts.
HTH, HAND
--
Don't Panic!

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 14:20:36 -0800, in alt.games.diablo2 "Alkaline"
<ddd2004@comcast.net> wrote:
<quoting fixed>
>"Falko Rudolph" <falkorudolph@gmx.de> wrote in message
>> First problem: I can't find the waypoint in Tristram.
>> Second: Can I refill magic or rare arrows?
>>
>> Any help appreciated, TIA.
>>
>> Rudi
>>

>First:
>In diablo 2, there is no waypoint in Tristram.
>
>Second:
>There is no such thing as rare/magic or unique arrows. Only normal, unless
>you are an amazon using the skill named "Magic arrow".

Did you even look at the subject line? Apparently not or you would have
known that the questions were about the CE (Chaos Empire) mod for D2 - in
which there _are_ both rare/magical arrows (and bolts for that matter) and
a waypoint in Tristram.
--

Gaze

"Chalk it up to experience" is a euphemism for "Dang I f**ked up!"

James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname> wrote in message

> On 28-Feb-2005, "Falko Rudolph" <falkorudolph@gmx.de> wrote:
>
>> First problem: I can't find the waypoint in Tristram.
>
> It is hiding behind the wall over where you used to portal in. Just
> 'above' where the old portal would appear. Did you find your stash over
> by the big rock where Wirt used to be (it looks like a camel is trying to
> eat it or something, heh)
>
>> Second: Can I refill magic or rare arrows?

Just sell the nearly empty quiver to a vendor that does NOT sell arrows
(bolts), then rebuy them right back ... presto, full :) . But if you sell
them to someone that does sell them ... presto, gone :-( .

>snip<
Jim

> First problem: I can't find the waypoint in Tristram.
> Second: Can I refill magic or rare arrows?

Thanks to all who answered. I found the wp and can use my arrows. Now I have
to find out, which friend I shall revive with the horadric scroll. I guess
that's later in the game, right?

Greetz!

>> First problem: I can't find the waypoint in Tristram.
>> Second: Can I refill magic or rare arrows?
>
> Thanks to all who answered. I found the wp and can use my arrows. Now
> I have to find out, which friend I shall revive with the horadric
> scroll. I guess that's later in the game, right?
>
> Greetz!
>
> Rudi

No actually. In the Blood Moore, you went through the Cave and in the
Cave, while killing off all the monsters, you should have come across a
small charm. You are supposed to take that small charm (your Teddy
Bear), put it into your cube with a horadric scroll and cube it. That
washes all the filth off the Teddy Bear, and it gives you some personal
items to help you in your journey.

I believe that's the friend you're talking about reviving. If not, I'm
not sure about any other friends like that.

Diane

On 2-Mar-2005, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> wrote:

> > Thanks to all who answered. I found the wp and can use my arrows. Now
> > I have to find out, which friend I shall revive with the horadric
> > scroll. I guess that's later in the game, right?
> >
> > Greetz!
> >
> > Rudi
>
> No actually. In the Blood Moore, you went through the Cave and in the
> Cave, while killing off all the monsters, you should have come across a
> small charm. You are supposed to take that small charm (your Teddy
> Bear), put it into your cube with a horadric scroll and cube it. That
> washes all the filth off the Teddy Bear, and it gives you some personal
> items to help you in your journey.
>
> I believe that's the friend you're talking about reviving. If not, I'm
> not sure about any other friends like that.
>
> Diane

I am pretty sure that 'washing' the Teddy Bear with one Horadric Scroll in
your cube only changes the Teddy Bear in one little way. Of course that
one little way is to add plus one to all skills, not so small a thing
after all eh?
--
Don't Panic!

Diane

> On 2-Mar-2005, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> wrote:
>
>> > Thanks to all who answered. I found the wp and can use my arrows.
>> > Now I have to find out, which friend I shall revive with the
>> > horadric scroll. I guess that's later in the game, right?
>> >
>> > Greetz!
>> >
>> > Rudi
>>
>> No actually. In the Blood Moore, you went through the Cave and in
>> the Cave, while killing off all the monsters, you should have come
>> across a small charm. You are supposed to take that small charm
>> (your Teddy Bear), put it into your cube with a horadric scroll and
>> cube it. That washes all the filth off the Teddy Bear, and it gives
>> you some personal items to help you in your journey.
>>
>> I believe that's the friend you're talking about reviving. If not,
>> I'm not sure about any other friends like that.
>>
>> Diane
>
> I am pretty sure that 'washing' the Teddy Bear with one Horadric
> Scroll in your cube only changes the Teddy Bear in one little way. Of
> course that one little way is to add plus one to all skills, not so
> small a thing after all eh?

Oh, you're right. I'm thinking about the rock. It's the rock that
gives you the outfit at the beginning. My brain doesn't always remember
things accurately. It's a wonder I ever remember how to get through a
day -- oh yeah, one minute at a time.

Thanks for the correction my friend.

Diane

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005, "Alkaline" wrote:

>> Well _sorry_ if not everybody knows what "CE" means.

It means Corpse Explosion.

At least until I read enough of the message to see that it's meaning
something else...

--

USEast HC Ladder: Rockstomper

"ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> On 2-Mar-2005, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> wrote:
>
> > > Thanks to all who answered. I found the wp and can use my arrows. Now
> > > I have to find out, which friend I shall revive with the horadric
> > > scroll. I guess that's later in the game, right?
> > >
> > > Greetz!
> > >
> > > Rudi
> >
> > No actually. In the Blood Moore, you went through the Cave and in the
> > Cave, while killing off all the monsters, you should have come across a
> > small charm. You are supposed to take that small charm (your Teddy
> > Bear), put it into your cube with a horadric scroll and cube it. That
> > washes all the filth off the Teddy Bear, and it gives you some personal
> > items to help you in your journey.
> >
> > I believe that's the friend you're talking about reviving. If not, I'm
> > not sure about any other friends like that.
> >
> > Diane
>
> I am pretty sure that 'washing' the Teddy Bear with one Horadric Scroll in
> your cube only changes the Teddy Bear in one little way. Of course that
> one little way is to add plus one to all skills, not so small a thing
> after all eh?

That may be it. My Teddy Bear. I use the german version and was told to wash
away the smell of death with a horadric scroll or something in that way.
Since I played the necro first it seemed clear to me what to do :)

Thanks again

Rudi

"Brian Brunner" <brian.brunner@verizon.net.prophet> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> On Thu, 3 Mar 2005, "Alkaline" wrote:
>
> >> Well _sorry_ if not everybody knows what "CE" means.
>
> It means Corpse Explosion.
>
> At least until I read enough of the message to see that it's meaning
> something else...

Sorry, I was in a hurry when I wrote my first message. Proof is the message
itself :)

Rudi

Hoping to have more time for his next message to avoid such grief...