Lost Horadric Staff

Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

I obtained the parts of the Horadric Staff and commuted them using
the Horadric Cube. So far so good. I then completed the Arcane
Sanctuary and killed the Summoner. I used the portal that then
appeared to go to the area of the Seven Tombs. I identified the
correct Tomb of Tal Rasha opened the portal using the Horadric Staff
and then got myself killed. Now when I go back to the Tomb of Tal
Rasha I can find no way out and no trace of Duriel. So what gives
here? Do I have to go back and complete all of the previous levels in
order to obtain the staff again. That's a bit of a bummer if that's
the case. Can someone advise me here. Thanks.
-
Peter James
Remove AT to reply

P F James
17 answers Last reply
More about lost horadric staff
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    On 28-Feb-2005, Peter James <pfjames@clara.co.uk> wrote:

    > Now when I go back to the Tomb of Tal
    > Rasha I can find no way out and no trace of Duriel. So what gives
    > here?

    It is probably a different tomb this time if you exited and restarted the
    game. Hit the 'Q' key to check which tomb is the 'right' one after you
    restart any game.
    --
    Don't Panic!
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    Peter James wrote:
    > I obtained the parts of the Horadric Staff and commuted them using
    > the Horadric Cube. So far so good. I then completed the Arcane
    > Sanctuary and killed the Summoner. I used the portal that then
    > appeared to go to the area of the Seven Tombs. I identified the
    > correct Tomb of Tal Rasha opened the portal using the Horadric Staff
    > and then got myself killed. Now when I go back to the Tomb of Tal
    > Rasha I can find no way out and no trace of Duriel. So what gives
    > here? Do I have to go back and complete all of the previous levels
    > in order to obtain the staff again. That's a bit of a bummer if
    > that's the case. Can someone advise me here. Thanks.

    Are you sure you have found the right tomb? In case you are not
    playing Single Player you should look into your quest log as the
    symbol of the right tomb changes every game. You shouldn't have to
    collect the staff pieces again as the hole in the wall to Duriel's
    chamber should be open already.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 22:21:37 +0100, "Gundemarie Scholz"
    <spamyousilly@inbox.ru> wrote:

    >Peter James wrote:
    >> I obtained the parts of the Horadric Staff and commuted them using
    >> the Horadric Cube. So far so good. I then completed the Arcane
    >> Sanctuary and killed the Summoner. I used the portal that then
    >> appeared to go to the area of the Seven Tombs. I identified the
    >> correct Tomb of Tal Rasha opened the portal using the Horadric Staff
    >> and then got myself killed. Now when I go back to the Tomb of Tal
    >> Rasha I can find no way out and no trace of Duriel. So what gives
    >> here? Do I have to go back and complete all of the previous levels
    >> in order to obtain the staff again. That's a bit of a bummer if
    >> that's the case. Can someone advise me here. Thanks.
    >
    >Are you sure you have found the right tomb? In case you are not
    >playing Single Player you should look into your quest log as the
    >symbol of the right tomb changes every game. You shouldn't have to
    >collect the staff pieces again as the hole in the wall to Duriel's
    >chamber should be open already.
    I'm in the correct tomb. The quest log shows the right tomb and yet
    once in it I can find no way out. Every time I go into it, clear out
    the monsters, but can find no way out. I did see some reference to a
    bug in the game at this point, but lost the Url.
    -
    Peter James
    Remove AT to reply

    P F James
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 07:40:41 +0000, Peter James <pfjames@clara.co.uk>
    wrote:

    >snipped
    >I'm in the correct tomb. The quest log shows the right tomb and yet
    >once in it I can find no way out. Every time I go into it, clear out
    >the monsters, but can find no way out. I did see some reference to a
    >bug in the game at this point, but lost the Url.
    >-
    >Peter James
    >Remove AT to reply
    >
    >P F James
    I think the Url to which I refer above is:
    http://www.planetdiablo.com/diablo2/quests/act2/
    I think I must have done just what this site warns against. Thus I'm
    f-----. Assuming I have lost the staff, can I go back to the previous
    maps and start again? Thanks
    -
    Peter James
    Remove AT to reply

    P F James
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    Don't forget that once you've opened the way into seeing Duriel that it wont
    tell you which tomb to re-enter next time.

    Jake Mysterio - The Mysterious One of Nothingness.


    "ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname> wrote in message
    news:%ZLUd.2376$wy3.1376@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net...
    >
    > On 28-Feb-2005, Peter James <pfjames@clara.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    >> Now when I go back to the Tomb of Tal
    >> Rasha I can find no way out and no trace of Duriel. So what gives
    >> here?
    >
    > It is probably a different tomb this time if you exited and restarted the
    > game. Hit the 'Q' key to check which tomb is the 'right' one after you
    > restart any game.
    > --
    > Don't Panic!
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    Peter James wrote:
    > On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 07:40:41 +0000, Peter James
    > <pfjames@clara.co.uk> wrote:
    >
    > > snipped
    > > I'm in the correct tomb. The quest log shows the right tomb and
    > > yet once in it I can find no way out. Every time I go into it,
    > > clear out the monsters, but can find no way out. I did see some
    > > reference to a bug in the game at this point, but lost the Url.
    >
    > I think the Url to which I refer above is:
    > http://www.planetdiablo.com/diablo2/quests/act2/
    > I think I must have done just what this site warns against. Thus
    > I'm f-----. Assuming I have lost the staff, can I go back to the
    > previous maps and start again? Thanks

    The only warning I can see is in the Summoner paragraph. But you say
    you are already in the right tomb. There is no way "out" except the
    way you go into it, but once you have placed the staff in the orifice
    there should appear a hole in the wall to your left. Have you found
    that orifice again, and what does it look like? If you can't figure it
    out you could make a screenshot for us to look at.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?)

    On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 20:22:55 +0000, Peter James <pfjames@clara.co.uk>
    wrote:

    >I obtained the parts of the Horadric Staff and commuted them using
    >the Horadric Cube. So far so good. I then completed the Arcane
    >Sanctuary and killed the Summoner. I used the portal that then
    >appeared to go to the area of the Seven Tombs. I identified the
    >correct Tomb of Tal Rasha opened the portal using the Horadric Staff
    >and then got myself killed. Now when I go back to the Tomb of Tal
    >Rasha I can find no way out and no trace of Duriel. So what gives
    >here? Do I have to go back and complete all of the previous levels in
    >order to obtain the staff again. That's a bit of a bummer if that's
    >the case. Can someone advise me here. Thanks.
    Thanks for all of the help and replies on my orignal posting. I've
    figured it out now, and I can access Dureil's tomb. I keep getting
    killed there but at least I know what's it's all about. Thanks again.
    -
    Peter James
    Remove AT to reply

    P F James
  8. I'm having the same problem. So do u just have to search all the tombs until u find the right one?
  9. lol.. old thread.. yeah find the right one (do you remember the symbol?), when you get to the tomb, it should already be opened.. that's how I did it just the other night, if you play ladder us-east i can help you out..
  10. wow i didn't even notice how old the thread is....but wait a sec im still a little confused bc i know what the right symbol is but the hole in the wall is not there anymore....so are u saying that i have to search the other 6 tombs (the ones that have the wrong symbols) to find the right one? cause that's going to suck (and take forever) if thats the case
  11. The symbol changes each time you exit and re-enter the game. Just check your quest log for the correct symbol. If I remember correctly it is listed there. If not, hop back through the portal and check.
  12. yeah i checked my quest log and the symbol is saying the one it originally said-- the one where the hole in the wall used to be but is not there anymore. And i checked that one but it is not there. So to get to duriel i must have to go into one of the tombs with the wrong symbol right? Does the chamber switch and not the symbols?
  13. If your not playing on Bnet just use a map hack lol
    Heck even if you are playing on Bnet I think they stopped banning over use of MH anyway, I know I was using it like there was no tomorrow a few months back and didn't get banned (well I could be banned but since I switched to WoW at the time I do not know if I am or not hmmm classic Schroedinger's cat)
  14. So I checked all 7 tombs in one sitting and there was no hole in the wall in any of them. I guess I have to start over.
  15. tecmo said:
    So I checked all 7 tombs in one sitting and there was no hole in the wall in any of them. I guess I have to start over.


    Well, the symblo is when you kill the false Visier below the palace. Check the boo it will tell you the symbol if recall correctly.
    Or you have in the wall the 6 false symbols. Something like that.
    Use the staff in the right tomb and move on to the next act !! The Horadric staff consumes itself in the process.

    Good old times.
  16. Oh, is the problem that the hole is gone but the oriface is still there and you wasted the staff opening it the first time?

    If so, yeah you need to go collect the staff again.
  17. If it lets you.... It might not and you may very well be boned. One thing you can try is to download a character editor and uncomplete those quests so that the staff parts drop again. Or you could edit it so that you have a staff in your inventory.
Ask a new question

Read More

Portal Video Games