Linksys 2.4Ghz 801b Connection Help

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
a b D Laptop
June 20, 2004 8:22:51 PM

Hello,

I just added a Linksys wireless Router. I am having trouble getting my
wireless laptop to see other shared folders on the other computers (non
wireless) on the network. It will access the internet no problem, but if I
connect the laptop to the network with hard cable it will see all shared
folders. What am I missing, on the laptop or Linksys??

Thanks JR
June 22, 2004 1:31:40 AM

Are all computer, both wired and wireless, on the same workgroup?
Are they all using the same protocols?
If you are using TCP/IP only are all computers on the same subnet?
What operating systems are you using? (Win98, 2000 XP)?
Also, while the computer are not appearing in Network Neighboorhood or My
Network Places (XP), try entering the share manually (
\\computer\share\path ) to see if you can open the share.
You might want to also see:
http://www.practicallynetworked.com/networking/

!