I would like to try Chaos Empire ... but

I can't get it to install.

Twice during the install it complains "Can't create directory". Doesn't give
any clue as to which directory its trying to create nor any reason it can't
create it.

It installs in a weird place ... the root of the E: drive and most of the
shortcuts point to D:\Diablo II.
D2 is installed in E:\Program Files\Diablo II. As a matter of fact, all
programs install in E:\Program Files by default with the singular exception
of Chaos Empire.
When I try to Activate it, it complains that it failed to activate.
If I move all the CE stuff to E:\Program Files\Diablo II then try to
Activate it it complains that it can't find D2Client.dll. Sure enough, it
can't. D2Client.dll doesn't exist anywhere on the computer.
I've tried the Forums at Chaos Empire to no avail. I can't even get in there
to read posts.

I'd appreciate any help you folks might have to offer.

On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 03:18:33 GMT, "Colon Terminus" <Colon_Terminus@hotmail.com> typed out:

> I can't get it to install.
>
> Twice during the install it complains "Can't create directory". Doesn't give
> any clue as to which directory its trying to create nor any reason it can't
> create it.
>
> It installs in a weird place ... the root of the E: drive and most of the
> shortcuts point to D:\Diablo II.
> D2 is installed in E:\Program Files\Diablo II. As a matter of fact, all
> programs install in E:\Program Files by default with the singular exception
> of Chaos Empire.
> When I try to Activate it, it complains that it failed to activate.
> If I move all the CE stuff to E:\Program Files\Diablo II then try to
> Activate it it complains that it can't find D2Client.dll. Sure enough, it
> can't. D2Client.dll doesn't exist anywhere on the computer.
> I've tried the Forums at Chaos Empire to no avail. I can't even get in there
> to read posts.
>
> I'd appreciate any help you folks might have to offer.

I don't know if this will help or not,but I think I read that CE doesn't like spaces in directory
names and that other people have had problems installing it in the Program Files directory for this
reason.
I have D2 with CE installed in C:\Games so I never had the problem but that may be what's wrong for
you. Try reinstalling D2 to a directory without spaces in its name and see if that fixes it.

Shannahara