Reduce enemy lightning res gear on a sorc?

Article: 1626 of alt.games.diablo2
Newsgroups: alt.games.diablo2
Subject: Reduce enemy lightning res gear on a sorc?
From: Patrick Vervoorn <patrick.vervoorn@NOSPAM.perihelion.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 14:01:44 +0100

Hi,

[I'm resending this, because this seems to have gotten stuck on the local
newsserver, and did not get sent out to the UseNet as a whole. If this is
the second time you see this, my apologies...]

Yesterday I met a guy playing a lightning sorc which wielded a Crescent
Moon Crystal Sword. Crescent Moon has -35% enemy lightning resistance
built in. He claimed it was better than an Eschuta's.

Would this work? Will this break enemy lightning immunities? Will this
stack with, for instance, a Crescent Moon polearm on a merc?

How many monsters will remain Immune to lightning when opposed by a sorc
wielding a Crescent Moon Crystal Sword, the unique helmet which has -enemy
lighting resists, a Conviction aura-ed Infinity polearm merc, and when hit
by a charge of a 'Lower Resist' wand?

What is, BTW, the highest level 'Lower Resist' charges you can get on a
wand? I shopped one somewhere in hell with 76 charges of lvl2 Lower
Resists, but I could use more. :)

What other things would be possible to try to break resists of monsters?

I have a Frozen Orb/Chain Lightning sorc which is currently having quite a
lot of trouble with Act 5 Hell, due to all the dual cold/lightning immunes
she encounters, so I'm interested in different ways to deal with these...)

Regards,

Patrick.

> Would this work? Will this break enemy lightning immunities? Will this
> stack with, for instance, a Crescent Moon polearm on a merc?
>
> How many monsters will remain Immune to lightning when opposed by a sorc
> wielding a Crescent Moon Crystal Sword, the unique helmet which has -enemy
> lighting resists, a Conviction aura-ed Infinity polearm merc, and when hit
> by a charge of a 'Lower Resist' wand?
>
> What is, BTW, the highest level 'Lower Resist' charges you can get on a
> wand? I shopped one somewhere in hell with 76 charges of lvl2 Lower
> Resists, but I could use more. :)
>
> What other things would be possible to try to break resists of monsters?

This wont break any immunities(lower XXX res), the only thing that can do
that is lower res or a conviction aura. AFAIK the highest wand you can SHOP
is a lvl2, ive found a rare lvl3 before... I guess its possible for it to go
higher, I dont know how that math works..

peace,
kyle

"Patrick Vervoorn" <patrick.vervoorn@NOSPAM.perihelion.demon.nl> schreef in
bericht news:a2464$42270342$82a1d3bf$2638@news1.tudelft.nl...
> Article: 1626 of alt.games.diablo2
> Newsgroups: alt.games.diablo2
> Subject: Reduce enemy lightning res gear on a sorc?
> From: Patrick Vervoorn <patrick.vervoorn@NOSPAM.perihelion.demon.nl>
> Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 14:01:44 +0100
>

> Hi,
>
> [I'm resending this, because this seems to have gotten stuck on the local
> newsserver, and did not get sent out to the UseNet as a whole. If this is
> the second time you see this, my apologies...]
>
> Yesterday I met a guy playing a lightning sorc which wielded a Crescent
> Moon Crystal Sword. Crescent Moon has -35% enemy lightning resistance
> built in. He claimed it was better than an Eschuta's.
>
> Would this work? Will this break enemy lightning immunities? Will this
> stack with, for instance, a Crescent Moon polearm on a merc?
>
> How many monsters will remain Immune to lightning when opposed by a sorc
> wielding a Crescent Moon Crystal Sword, the unique helmet which has -enemy
> lighting resists, a Conviction aura-ed Infinity polearm merc, and when hit
> by a charge of a 'Lower Resist' wand?
>
> What is, BTW, the highest level 'Lower Resist' charges you can get on a
> wand? I shopped one somewhere in hell with 76 charges of lvl2 Lower
> Resists, but I could use more. :)
>
> What other things would be possible to try to break resists of monsters?
>
> I have a Frozen Orb/Chain Lightning sorc which is currently having quite a
> lot of trouble with Act 5 Hell, due to all the dual cold/lightning immunes
> she encounters, so I'm interested in different ways to deal with these...)
>
> Regards,
>
> Patrick.

i use Infinity polearm on my blizz sorcs merc... even removes light immune
from souls in act5 hell

Blizzard

In article <OXIVd.223$6g7.129@bignews1.bellsouth.net>,
kylel4 <kylel4@nomail.net> wrote:

>> Would this work? Will this break enemy lightning immunities? Will this
>> stack with, for instance, a Crescent Moon polearm on a merc?
>>
>> How many monsters will remain Immune to lightning when opposed by a sorc
>> wielding a Crescent Moon Crystal Sword, the unique helmet which has -enemy
>> lighting resists, a Conviction aura-ed Infinity polearm merc, and when hit
>> by a charge of a 'Lower Resist' wand?
>>
>> What is, BTW, the highest level 'Lower Resist' charges you can get on a
>> wand? I shopped one somewhere in hell with 76 charges of lvl2 Lower
>> Resists, but I could use more. :)
>>
>> What other things would be possible to try to break resists of monsters?
>
>This wont break any immunities(lower XXX res), the only thing that can do
>that is lower res or a conviction aura. AFAIK the highest wand you can SHOP
>is a lvl2, ive found a rare lvl3 before... I guess its possible for it to go
>higher, I dont know how that math works..

Hmmm, ok, this means I have to keep IDing all magic/rare wands I find. No
problem with that, because I already did that. :)

Conviction aura on the realms is going to be a bit difficult, because I
need quite some hefty runes for that: Ber + Mal + Ber + Ist. I have
plenty of Mals and Ists, but Bers are a tiny bit hard to come by... :(

Thanks for the info!

Patrick.

In article <38p0b6F5juvoqU1@individual.net>,
Clincher <drevil23500@hotmail.com> wrote:

>i use Infinity polearm on my blizz sorcs merc... even removes light immune
>from souls in act5 hell

Yeah, I'd like to try this, but the cost.... Do you have this polearm on
B.Net, or in SP, and how'd you get the runes?

It's possible I overlooked some trick for acquiring lots of Bers, and
if so, I'd like to know. :)

Ciao,

Patrick.

"Patrick Vervoorn" <patrick.vervoorn@NOSPAM.perihelion.demon.nl> schreef in
bericht news:d0d9d$42277d76$82a1d3bf$8231@news1.tudelft.nl...
> In article <38p0b6F5juvoqU1@individual.net>,
> Clincher <drevil23500@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >i use Infinity polearm on my blizz sorcs merc... even removes light
immune
> >from souls in act5 hell
>
> Yeah, I'd like to try this, but the cost.... Do you have this polearm on
> B.Net, or in SP, and how'd you get the runes?
>
> It's possible I overlooked some trick for acquiring lots of Bers, and
> if so, I'd like to know. :)
>
> Ciao,
>
> Patrick.

trade unid anni's for runes :) ....or trade items for Um, Mal, Ist (cube
them) and trade 3-4 Ist for a Ber on HCL, 2x Ist+Um for Ber on SCL
(ofcourse i know the runes are dupes.. well 99.9999 of the high runes are
anyways)

Clincher

In article <38ph24F5qlr35U1@individual.net>,
Clincher <drevil23500@hotmail.com> wrote:

>"Patrick Vervoorn" <patrick.vervoorn@NOSPAM.perihelion.demon.nl> schreef in
>bericht news:d0d9d$42277d76$82a1d3bf$8231@news1.tudelft.nl...

>> Yeah, I'd like to try this, but the cost.... Do you have this polearm on
>> B.Net, or in SP, and how'd you get the runes?
>>
>> It's possible I overlooked some trick for acquiring lots of Bers, and
>> if so, I'd like to know. :)
>
>trade unid anni's for runes :) ....or trade items for Um, Mal, Ist (cube
>them) and trade 3-4 Ist for a Ber on HCL, 2x Ist+Um for Ber on SCL
>(ofcourse i know the runes are dupes.. well 99.9999 of the high runes are
>anyways)

Well, I only trade via Blizzards forum on SC Europe Ladder, but I
certainly don't seem to be able to buy a Ber for just 2 Ists and an Um
there. I think I need at least 5-7 Ists for either a Ber or a Jah.

This is in the TC's?

Regards,

Patrick.

> Hmmm, ok, this means I have to keep IDing all magic/rare wands I find. No
> problem with that, because I already did that. :)
>
> Conviction aura on the realms is going to be a bit difficult, because I
> need quite some hefty runes for that: Ber + Mal + Ber + Ist. I have
> plenty of Mals and Ists, but Bers are a tiny bit hard to come by... :(
>
> Thanks for the info!
>
> Patrick.

well, actually the +3 i found was on a dagger class weapon (cinquedas or one
of those I think).. right now im also using a blue lvl2 LR dagger I found
from meph.. it seems any dagger/wand class can spawn the mod.. so, up that
to include all magic/rare daggers and wands =)

I found all the lower res daggers Ive gotten off meph though because I tend
to pickup whatever I can fit and sell it back the next run(the cain/ormus
walk is quick and doesnt add much time to the run) and they are small

and yes, that runeword helps a ton, on my little lan closed realm I imported
a bunch of runes and made an aura merc... he kicks some serious ass =)

bericht news:4875b$4227a336$82a1d3bf$24286@news2.tudelft.nl...
> In article <38ph24F5qlr35U1@individual.net>,
> Clincher <drevil23500@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >"Patrick Vervoorn" <patrick.vervoorn@NOSPAM.perihelion.demon.nl> schreef
in
> >bericht news:d0d9d$42277d76$82a1d3bf$8231@news1.tudelft.nl...
>
> >> Yeah, I'd like to try this, but the cost.... Do you have this polearm
on
> >> B.Net, or in SP, and how'd you get the runes?
> >>
> >> It's possible I overlooked some trick for acquiring lots of Bers, and
> >> if so, I'd like to know. :)
> >
> >trade unid anni's for runes :) ....or trade items for Um, Mal, Ist (cube
> >them) and trade 3-4 Ist for a Ber on HCL, 2x Ist+Um for Ber on SCL
> >(ofcourse i know the runes are dupes.. well 99.9999 of the high runes are
> >anyways)
>
> Well, I only trade via Blizzards forum on SC Europe Ladder, but I
> certainly don't seem to be able to buy a Ber for just 2 Ists and an Um
> there. I think I need at least 5-7 Ists for either a Ber or a Jah.
>
> This is in the TC's?
>
> Regards,
>
> Patrick.

hmm on east bnet channels 2xIst+Um is the price for the High Runes (SCL) and
3-4 Ist on HCL

Clincher

In article <38ql03F5qrg4rU1@individual.net>,
Clincher <drevil23500@hotmail.com> wrote:

>"Patrick Vervoorn" <patrick.vervoorn@NOSPAM.perihelion.demon.nl> schreef in
>bericht news:4875b$4227a336$82a1d3bf$24286@news2.tudelft.nl...

>> Well, I only trade via Blizzards forum on SC Europe Ladder, but I
>> certainly don't seem to be able to buy a Ber for just 2 Ists and an Um
>> there. I think I need at least 5-7 Ists for either a Ber or a Jah.
>>
>> This is in the TC's?
>
>hmm on east bnet channels 2xIst+Um is the price for the High Runes (SCL) and
>3-4 Ist on HCL

Holy cow. What has happened there? I'll probably be online this evening,
and I think I'll spend a bit of time in the Europe TC's to see what HR
runes cost there. I can't imagine it's 2xIst+Um!?

People must really be duping a lot on East...

Patrick.

In article <AOZVd.2907$%Y4.2415@bignews6.bellsouth.net>,
kylel4 <kylel4@nomail.net> wrote:

>> Hmmm, ok, this means I have to keep IDing all magic/rare wands I find. No
>> problem with that, because I already did that. :)
>>
>> Conviction aura on the realms is going to be a bit difficult, because I
>> need quite some hefty runes for that: Ber + Mal + Ber + Ist. I have
>> plenty of Mals and Ists, but Bers are a tiny bit hard to come by... :(
>
>well, actually the +3 i found was on a dagger class weapon (cinquedas or one
>of those I think).. right now im also using a blue lvl2 LR dagger I found
>from meph.. it seems any dagger/wand class can spawn the mod.. so, up that
>to include all magic/rare daggers and wands =)
>
>I found all the lower res daggers Ive gotten off meph though because I tend
>to pickup whatever I can fit and sell it back the next run(the cain/ormus
>walk is quick and doesnt add much time to the run) and they are small

Oh dear. ;) I actually usually leave magic daggers on the ground. All rare
stuff is picked up for IDing, mostly indeed because of the gold they're
worth. OK, from now on, all blue dagger class weapons will be lucky: I'll
pick them up, and most of them will probably end in the cosy shop of
Charsi. :)

>and yes, that runeword helps a ton, on my little lan closed realm I imported
>a bunch of runes and made an aura merc... he kicks some serious ass =)

Yeah, I have many dreams, concerning this game, and if I ever run into a
Ber, let alone two, I think I'll first have to find a Jah, because I can
use an Enigma more than an Infinity polearm. :)

Regards,

Patrick.

"Patrick Vervoorn" <patrick.vervoorn@NOSPAM.perihelion.demon.nl> schreef in
bericht news:706e7$42282a0b$82a1d3bf$12712@news1.tudelft.nl...
> In article <38ql03F5qrg4rU1@individual.net>,
> Clincher <drevil23500@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >"Patrick Vervoorn" <patrick.vervoorn@NOSPAM.perihelion.demon.nl> schreef
in
> >bericht news:4875b$4227a336$82a1d3bf$24286@news2.tudelft.nl...
>
> >> Well, I only trade via Blizzards forum on SC Europe Ladder, but I
> >> certainly don't seem to be able to buy a Ber for just 2 Ists and an Um
> >> there. I think I need at least 5-7 Ists for either a Ber or a Jah.
> >>
> >> This is in the TC's?
> >
> >hmm on east bnet channels 2xIst+Um is the price for the High Runes (SCL)
and
> >3-4 Ist on HCL
>
> Holy cow. What has happened there? I'll probably be online this evening,
> and I think I'll spend a bit of time in the Europe TC's to see what HR
> runes cost there. I can't imagine it's 2xIst+Um!?
>
> People must really be duping a lot on East...
>
> Patrick.

i heared west is even cheaper

Clincher

kylel4 wrote:
> well, actually the +3 i found was on a dagger class weapon (cinquedas or one
> of those I think).. right now im also using a blue lvl2 LR dagger I found
> from meph.. it seems any dagger/wand class can spawn the mod.. so, up that
> to include all magic/rare daggers and wands =)

Actually that includes throwing knives as well (they are classified
as dagger class when you look at the weapon class on the weapon). I
believe I have seen slvl 2 LR charges on both yellow/blue
daggers/t-knives/wands.

So, that's another more thing to pick up and identify :)

Bing

In article <38s8tbF5rqj7rU1@individual.net>,
Bingain <bingain@yahoo.com> wrote:
>kylel4 wrote:
>> well, actually the +3 i found was on a dagger class weapon (cinquedas or one
>> of those I think).. right now im also using a blue lvl2 LR dagger I found
>> from meph.. it seems any dagger/wand class can spawn the mod.. so, up that
>> to include all magic/rare daggers and wands =)
>

>Actually that includes throwing knives as well (they are classified
>as dagger class when you look at the weapon class on the weapon). I
>believe I have seen slvl 2 LR charges on both yellow/blue
>daggers/t-knives/wands.
>
>So, that's another more thing to pick up and identify :)

Well, what I'd like to know if slvl 3 and up LR charges are available on
these weapons... Because it's relatively easy to ship slvl 2 charges on
magic wands...

Regards,

Patrick.