Router disconnects internet

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
June 20, 2004 1:57:29 PM

I've got a netgear MR814 v2 and its all set up and was working
perfectly last night. My computer lost the connection over the night
so I repaired the network connection and then that failed. I went to
the IP section and saw that it appears the router is assigning me an
IP in the 168.X subnet. This is incorrect as its supposed to be the
same for all computers 192.X. Because it is assigning IP's
incorrectly, do you think I should send it back? Everything was
working fine last night, which is why I can't understand why it would
switch IP's on me. Thanks for any help.
Anonymous
June 20, 2004 11:06:06 PM

My experience with the MR814v2 and the WGR614v1 is that they both have
a tendency to overheat,as well as assign a private IP
(169.254.xxx.xxx) whenever my laptop went into standby mode or was
inactive for too long. We all know that the 169.254....IP equals a
misconfiguration. Once I rebooted the router, everything worked fine
until the next time I went into standby mode or idled too long. I've
since sold my MR814, disabled the wireless portion of my WGR614 making
it a mere router and I've purchased a Belkin F5D7230-4 as my AP. All
is well and no more problems.

!