-% target defense and chance-to-hit?

Hi,

ETH rune in a weapon has -25% target defense. So all other parameters
staying the same, two ETH should basically double your AR and increase your
chance-to-hit accordingly?
Oh well, with AR 1500 and def 1000 I'm getting a 60% to-hit. Wit 2 ETH
defense is reduced to 500 and the result is a 75% to-hit?

Are there special AR/ctH formula for a merc? Anybody tried putting 3 ETH in
a Hone Sundan?

Regards,

Oliver

"Oliver Wenzel" <ouuch@t-online.de> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> ETH rune in a weapon has -25% target defense. So all other parameters
> staying the same, two ETH should basically double your AR and increase
your
> chance-to-hit accordingly?
> Oh well, with AR 1500 and def 1000 I'm getting a 60% to-hit. Wit 2 ETH
> defense is reduced to 500 and the result is a 75% to-hit?
>
> Are there special AR/ctH formula for a merc? Anybody tried putting 3 ETH
in
> a Hone Sundan?
>
> Regards,
>
> Oliver

Don't forget the mlvl vs clvl part of the to-hit equation, it most likely
applies to mercs as well.

short

short wrote:
>>Are there special AR/ctH formula for a merc? Anybody tried putting 3 ETH in
>>a Hone Sundan?
>>
>>Oliver
>

> Don't forget the mlvl vs clvl part of the to-hit equation, it most likely
> applies to mercs as well.
>
> short

What's more, mercs don't usually use regular attacks. Act1 Rogues
often (but not always) use fire/cold arrows. Act2 merc nearly
always use Jab. Act3 mercs never swing. Act5 mercs uses bash/stun.
Act6 bunny mercs use scream/hopping. So in order to calculate the
correct To-Hit chances, you may have to plug in the appropriate
attack skill bonuses.

Bing

Hi,

"short" <shorts@zoominternet.net> wrote in news:38s12kF5o832lU1
@individual.net:

> "Oliver Wenzel" <ouuch@t-online.de> wrote in message

>> ETH rune in a weapon has -25% target defense. So all other parameters
>> staying the same, two ETH should basically double your AR and increase
> your
>> chance-to-hit accordingly?
>> Oh well, with AR 1500 and def 1000 I'm getting a 60% to-hit. Wit 2 ETH
>> defense is reduced to 500 and the result is a 75% to-hit?

> Don't forget the mlvl vs clvl part of the to-hit equation, it most likely
> applies to mercs as well.

as I already said in another thread, the level difference is only a small
penalty or advantage. Level 90 against Hell Baal (99) is a multiplier of
0.95 for the first part of the formula. So a to-hit of 50% would be reduced
to 47,5%. Nothing to really worry about..

Regards,

Oliver

Hi,

Bingain <bingain@yahoo.com> wrote in

> short wrote:
>>>Are there special AR/ctH formula for a merc? Anybody tried putting 3
>>>ETH in a Hone Sundan?
>>
>> Don't forget the mlvl vs clvl part of the to-hit equation, it most
>> likely applies to mercs as well.
>>
> What's more, mercs don't usually use regular attacks. Act1 Rogues
> often (but not always) use fire/cold arrows. Act2 merc nearly
> always use Jab. Act3 mercs never swing. Act5 mercs uses bash/stun.
> Act6 bunny mercs use scream/hopping. So in order to calculate the
> correct To-Hit chances, you may have to plug in the appropriate
> attack skill bonuses.

so, a level 77 NM act2 merc would have a level 16 Jab giving about +150%
to AR. With 140 dex * 5 * 2,5 I get 1750 AR. Let's assume hell monsters
have the same defense, chance to hit is 50%.

Perhaps I'll really try to pop in two ETH in a Hone. My Pally has a BA
merc, so it wouldn't make too much sense here, though..

Regards,

Oliver