Made it through CE normal

The lava maws were the only monsters that gave me fits in normal. I
really like the changes in Baal's minions. And that pack of monsters in
Baal's throne room gave me almost a whole level of exp the first time
around, as well as having some bodies to keep resurrecting.

Now I'm in act 1 NM and it doesn't look like I'm going to do very good
with my skellimancer build. I already have maxed skelly mastery(36) and
skellies (33) and they are dying way too often.

Neither amp damage or decrep seems to be removing the immune to physical
on those monsters that show up with it, and it has been taking a while
to take them down. It also seems that corpse explosion has been nerfed
a lot, I used to be able to amp damage a pack of monsters and once the
first one went down, CE, CE, CE and they are all dead but not now.

Of course should I make it to hell, I'm looking forward to getting an
act 2 merc with the fanatacism aura to compliment my skellies.

I ran into Diablo clone in the Pits of Acheron and he was too tough,
went back later after I had leveled up some and he was gone.

<snip>
> I ran into Diablo clone in the Pits of Acheron and he was too tough,
> went back later after I had leveled up some and he was gone.

Thats seems to be the only place he will spawn. I have ran into him
there a couple of times, always there. And had my ass handed to be! LOL

On 5-Mar-2005, MrBlueSky1@webtv.net (Blue Jack Sky) wrote:

> Now I'm in act 1 NM and it doesn't look like I'm going to do very good
> with my skellimancer build. I already have maxed skelly mastery(36) and
> skellies (33) and they are dying way too often.
>
> Neither amp damage or decrep seems to be removing the immune to physical
> on those monsters that show up with it, and it has been taking a while
> to take them down. It also seems that corpse explosion has been nerfed
> a lot, I used to be able to amp damage a pack of monsters and once the
> first one went down, CE, CE, CE and they are all dead but not now.
>
> Of course should I make it to hell, I'm looking forward to getting an
> act 2 merc with the fanatacism aura to compliment my skellies.

Congratulations!
I have made it to NM act 2 so far myself. Look for some plus to skills
items to up your totals, I have 43 skel mast and 42 raise skel so far and
they last pretty good now. You may want to throw another point or two
into summon resist also. Yes, those phys immunes are a pain, your
skellies all gather around one PI monster and whack away to no effect
while 6 other monsters shoot away at them all, confuse can help sometimes.
I think CE has actually been anti-nerfed, it is just that the monsters are
stronger, my problem is that I don't want to use it, I want to save those
dead bodies to hork 'em with my Find Potion looking for those loverly
eggs.
Don't forget that you can create a runeworded item with blue and/or yellow
items, I got a REAL nice wand with plus two necro and two other mods that
I turned into a White wand, and then on top of that I added
cold/fire/lightning damage with the one time rare upgrade recipe just for
the heck of it. Also I just made my bonebraid armor with plus 3 curses
and two other mods into an Enigma, sweet indeed.
Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.
--
Don't Panic!