How important is FHR?

Hi All,
Im making a MA assassin where it meets breakpoints. Things like enough
dex for 75% block, IAS, and enough for a decent fully equipped
ShadowMaster. This one site, which i cant remebemer, sugggests 86% FHR
for 4fps. Wouldnt 48% FHR for 5fps be good enough? I was just wondering
before i socket my armor with 2 sheals. I rather use them for something
better, like ED. Has anyone had any exerience with FHR that could help?

ChristoMephisto

ps
enough dex is a total of 327 dex at 23WB
43IAS with Nats Claw
slvl17 for a fully eqipped SM

Last2Know wrote:
> On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 16:19:40 -0500, ChristoMephisto wrote:
>
> > Last2Know wrote:
> >> On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 15:36:45 -0500, ChristoMephisto wrote:

<snip>

> >> 2) Running does affect weapon block
>
> Excuse me I meant to type. running does *not* affect weapon block.

<snip>

Agree with all that you have said (elemental attacks, dex irrelevant,
+block % eg Guardian Angel [although faster block eg from GA works
apparently]) except the part about running.

Running and Walking both set weapon block to 0. That's zero. Check this
thread from the Dii forum. Or do a search at the AB...

http://forums.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=187904&page=1&pp=25

ChristoMephisto wrote:
> Hi All,
> Im making a MA assassin where it meets breakpoints. Things like
> enough dex for 75% block, IAS, and enough for a decent fully equipped
> ShadowMaster. This one site, which i cant remebemer, sugggests 86% FHR
> for 4fps. Wouldnt 48% FHR for 5fps be good enough? I was just wondering
> before i socket my armor with 2 sheals. I rather use them for something
> better, like ED. Has anyone had any exerience with FHR that could help?
>
> ChristoMephisto
>
> ps
> enough dex is a total of 327 dex at 23WB
> 43IAS with Nats Claw
> slvl17 for a fully eqipped SM

Iirc dex doesn't influence on weapon block and weapon block is max 66%
at slvl 79 :)
and 43 IAS for what ?

--
Sonni

-=-=-
Slowly and surely the unix crept up on the Nintendo user ...

Sonni Skammelsen wrote:
> ChristoMephisto wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>> Im making a MA assassin where it meets breakpoints. Things like
>> enough dex for 75% block, IAS, and enough for a decent fully equipped
>> ShadowMaster. This one site, which i cant remebemer, sugggests 86% FHR
>> for 4fps. Wouldnt 48% FHR for 5fps be good enough? I was just
>> wondering before i socket my armor with 2 sheals. I rather use them
>> for something better, like ED. Has anyone had any exerience with FHR
>> that could help?
>>
>> ChristoMephisto
>>
>> ps
>> enough dex is a total of 327 dex at 23WB
>> 43IAS with Nats Claw
>> slvl17 for a fully eqipped SM
>

> Iirc dex doesn't influence on weapon block and weapon block is max 66%
> at slvl 79 :)
> and 43 IAS for what ?

Dex plays a big part if blocking, even for non-assassin chars.
**correction, its 330 dex total
to figure ur blocking is a long formula
[(2 x WB)x(dex - 15)]/(clvl * 5)
in my case
[(2 x 59)x(330-15)]/(99 x 5)
[118 x 315]/(495)
37170/495
75

and additional 43IAS is for 3 atacks a second, opposed to 2 per sec

So what about FHR???

ChristoMephisto

briank

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2004

Where did you get this formula? I've never noticed Dex having an effect on
block percentages for dual wielding assys (and I've played a few), at least
not on the LCS.

> Dex plays a big part if blocking, even for non-assassin chars.
> **correction, its 330 dex total
> to figure ur blocking is a long formula
> [(2 x WB)x(dex - 15)]/(clvl * 5)
> in my case
> [(2 x 59)x(330-15)]/(99 x 5)
> [118 x 315]/(495)
> 37170/495
> 75

For PvM, I'd only worry about FHR for very slow recovering chars (druid/sorc
come to mind) and/or ones on the thick of it (frenzy
barbs/zealers/kickers/fenders). So I think 5 frames should be fine.

For PvP... dunno.

BK

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 15:09:27 -0800, chaliban wrote:

> Last2Know wrote:

> <snip>

>> Excuse me I meant to type. running does *not* affect weapon block.
>
> <snip>
>
> Agree with all that you have said (elemental attacks, dex irrelevant,
> +block % eg Guardian Angel [although faster block eg from GA works
> apparently]) except the part about running.
>
> Running and Walking both set weapon block to 0. That's zero. Check this
> thread from the Dii forum. Or do a search at the AB...
>
> http://forums.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=187904&page=1&pp=25

Thanks for the link. Various guides have said that WB works
with ordinary movement and apparently that is not true
in 1.10 if it ever was. Various remarks in that thread implied
that it would work while in Dragon Flight, though it would be
hard for monsters to hit a dragon flighting assy, anyway, as
they have a lot of trouble with a fast runner. One consequence
of this is that dual claw assassins should never walk -
that fits the build!

ChristoMephisto wrote:
> Sonni Skammelsen wrote:
>
>> ChristoMephisto wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>> Im making a MA assassin where it meets breakpoints. Things like
>>> enough dex for 75% block, IAS, and enough for a decent fully equipped
>>> ShadowMaster. This one site, which i cant remebemer, sugggests 86%
>>> FHR for 4fps. Wouldnt 48% FHR for 5fps be good enough? I was just
>>> wondering before i socket my armor with 2 sheals. I rather use them
>>> for something better, like ED. Has anyone had any exerience with FHR
>>> that could help?
>>>
>>> ChristoMephisto
>>>
>>> ps
>>> enough dex is a total of 327 dex at 23WB
>>> 43IAS with Nats Claw
>>> slvl17 for a fully eqipped SM
>>

>> Iirc dex doesn't influence on weapon block and weapon block is max 66%
>> at slvl 79 :)
>> and 43 IAS for what ?
>>
> Dex plays a big part if blocking, even for non-assassin chars.
> **correction, its 330 dex total
> to figure ur blocking is a long formula
> [(2 x WB)x(dex - 15)]/(clvl * 5)
> in my case
> [(2 x 59)x(330-15)]/(99 x 5)
> [118 x 315]/(495)
> 37170/495
> 75

That is for blocking with shield, you have no shield if you use weapon
block.
I myself have a assa with 10 in weaponblock which os 50% of blocking,
and that is what the character screen.

You say that she should have ((2 x 50)x122-15)/(67x5) = 31.

But hey if you want to "waste" points in dex then go ahead.

> and additional 43IAS is for 3 atacks a second, opposed to 2 per sec

What kind of attack ?
normal attack, dragon talon, dragon claw, dragon tail, dragon flight or
which one?

> So what about FHR???

FHR is important if you get hitted a lot and get locked so you cannot
move, personally i only use FHR on my berserker which will be hitted
alot due to 0 defense.

--
Sonni
-=-=-

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 16:19:40 -0500, ChristoMephisto wrote:

> Last2Know wrote:
>> On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 15:36:45 -0500, ChristoMephisto wrote:
>>

>>>Blocking with dual claws works the same as a sheild.
>>

>> This is definitely not true. I don't believe your dex
>> affects your weapon block, and here are some other
>> differences:
>> 1) Gear that boosts blocking like Twitchthroe armor doesn't
>> affect weapon block
>> 2) Running does affect weapon block

Excuse me I meant to type. running does *not* affect weapon block.

>> 3) Weapon block blocks some elemental attacks like gloams
>> that shields do not.
>>

> See my above reply about dex and blocking

I think you've misinterpreted some guides about
other types of blocking. Check you char screen
for what it says about your block percentage when
you add/remove charms or gear with dex. If you
don't believe the char screen, try some
experiments (like see if you can count
hits by archers when you add remove such gear).

> ok, so WB doesnt work truely like a shield, but it works the same
> And ya i use CoS and MB a bit, my SM ususlly does it for me tho

The shadow helps, but you can't really rely on her to save
your butt when monsters get close.