What gear for might merc?

Hi,

I decided to give my level 84 ThrowBarb (SP) a Might Merc instead of the
Holy Freeze guy. Today I got him level 55 to 62 in about 90 minutes. So
now he can wear much of the gear I plan for him.
His current gear is DURESS in an ethereal boneweave giving 2028 defense.
Helmet is Crown of Thieves for the 10% life leech.

But there are several questions:

How much life leech is needed in Hell? With his Crown of Thieves, he has
10%LL now.

How important is Cannot be frozen? I'll get this and some resists from
upgraded Duriel's Shell.

Which weapon?

Hone Sundan - with 70% IAS I'll get 4.1 attacks per second. Would require
socketed armor and helmet + 2 SHAEL in Hone. Upgraded Hone has 453 max
damage.

Crescent Moon - 438 max damage, ctc STATIC, ITD, with 2 sockets at 4.1
attacks.

Obedience - 662 max damage, 40% CB, ctc leve 21 Enchant, -25% target
defense. 1 socket with 15% IAS to reach 3.5 attacks/second.

Reaper's Toll - ITD, 33% Deadly Strike, ctc Decrep, 13%LL, 20% IAS from
Shael, but also level 75. With Duriel's and CoT (2sockets = 30%IAS) I'll
get to 4.1 attacks per second. Max damage is 435.

Other weapons or armors?

Thanks,

Oliver
3 answers Last reply
More about what gear merc

    "Oliver Wenzel" <ouuch@t-online.de> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I decided to give my level 84 ThrowBarb (SP) a Might Merc instead of the
    > Holy Freeze guy. Today I got him level 55 to 62 in about 90 minutes. So
    > now he can wear much of the gear I plan for him.
    > His current gear is DURESS in an ethereal boneweave giving 2028 defense.
    > Helmet is Crown of Thieves for the 10% life leech.
    >
    > But there are several questions:
    >
    > How much life leech is needed in Hell? With his Crown of Thieves, he has
    > 10%LL now.
    >
    > How important is Cannot be frozen? I'll get this and some resists from
    > upgraded Duriel's Shell.
    >
    > Which weapon?
    >
    > Hone Sundan - with 70% IAS I'll get 4.1 attacks per second. Would require
    > socketed armor and helmet + 2 SHAEL in Hone. Upgraded Hone has 453 max
    > damage.
    >
    > Crescent Moon - 438 max damage, ctc STATIC, ITD, with 2 sockets at 4.1
    > attacks.
    >
    > Obedience - 662 max damage, 40% CB, ctc leve 21 Enchant, -25% target
    > defense. 1 socket with 15% IAS to reach 3.5 attacks/second.
    >
    > Reaper's Toll - ITD, 33% Deadly Strike, ctc Decrep, 13%LL, 20% IAS from
    > Shael, but also level 75. With Duriel's and CoT (2sockets = 30%IAS) I'll
    > get to 4.1 attacks per second. Max damage is 435.
    >
    > Other weapons or armors?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Oliver

    The decrepify on reapers toll will vastly increase his tanking ability.
    Combined with some sort of freeze, he will be able to tank most bosses in
    hell.

    On Mon, 7 Mar 2005, Oliver Wenzel wrote:

    >> His current gear is DURESS in an ethereal boneweave giving 2028 defense.
    >> Helmet is Crown of Thieves for the 10% life leech.

    Alternate is Tal Rasha's F'ing Ugly Mask. It packs resists. CoT gives
    +dex (IIRC) which helps if the Hone Sundan is upgraded to Ghost Spear.

    >> But there are several questions:
    >>
    >> How much life leech is needed in Hell? With his Crown of Thieves, he has
    >> 10%LL now.

    Like MF, there is no "too much LL".

    >> How important is Cannot be frozen? I'll get this and some resists from
    >> upgraded Duriel's Shell.

    At high levels they have max'd resists naturally, and don't really need
    +resists gear. Guardian Angel (which boosts max resists) would be a
    good thing.

    >> Hone Sundan - with 70% IAS I'll get 4.1 attacks per second. Would require
    >> socketed armor and helmet + 2 SHAEL in Hone. Upgraded Hone has 453 max
    >> damage.

    Tradition has it 1 shael 2 amn (14% more LL).

    >> Crescent Moon - 438 max damage, ctc STATIC, ITD, with 2 sockets at 4.1
    >> attacks.

    CB contributes to LL, but Static does not.

    >> Obedience - 662 max damage, 40% CB, ctc leve 21 Enchant, -25% target
    >> defense. 1 socket with 15% IAS to reach 3.5 attacks/second.

    I'd stick an Amn in it rather than shael/ias.

    >> Reaper's Toll - ITD, 33% Deadly Strike, ctc Decrep, 13%LL, 20% IAS from
    >> Shael, but also level 75. With Duriel's and CoT (2sockets = 30%IAS) I'll
    >> get to 4.1 attacks per second. Max damage is 435.

    Again, Amn rather than Shael.

    Other things: Tomb Reaver (unique cryptic axe) is a good killer.

    --

    USEast HC Ladder: Rockstomper

    Hi,

    Brian Brunner <brian.brunner@verizon.net.prophet> wrote in

    > On Mon, 7 Mar 2005, Oliver Wenzel wrote:
    >
    >>> His current gear is DURESS in an ethereal boneweave giving 2028
    >>> defense. Helmet is Crown of Thieves for the 10% life leech.
    >
    > Alternate is Tal Rasha's F'ing Ugly Mask. It packs resists. CoT gives
    > +dex (IIRC) which helps if the Hone Sundan is upgraded to Ghost Spear.

    yeah, this would be a good other helmet. I'll have to see if I need more
    resists in Hell.

    >>> How much life leech is needed in Hell? With his Crown of Thieves, he
    >>> has 10%LL now.
    >
    > Like MF, there is no "too much LL".

    oh, well, I thought so. CoT with one AMN in Hone would get me 17%LL. I
    think that's more as I ever had on other mercs.

    >>> Hone Sundan - with 70% IAS I'll get 4.1 attacks per second. Would
    >>> require socketed armor and helmet + 2 SHAEL in Hone. Upgraded Hone
    >>> has 453 max damage.
    >
    > Tradition has it 1 shael 2 amn (14% more LL).

    I don't care too much about tradition... One SHAEL would get me to the
    3.5 attacks breakpoint, will two + 30%IAS from armor and helmet would
    yield 4.1 attacks. Beyond more MF, what else can you put in socketed
    helmet and armor on a merc?

    >>> Crescent Moon - 438 max damage, ctc STATIC, ITD, with 2 sockets at
    >>> 4.1 attacks.
    >
    > CB contributes to LL, but Static does not.

    But Static would reduce most non-LI critter crowds to 50% health quite
    fast.

    >>> Obedience - 662 max damage, 40% CB, ctc leve 21 Enchant, -25% target
    >>> defense. 1 socket with 15% IAS to reach 3.5 attacks/second.
    >
    > I'd stick an Amn in it rather than shael/ias.

    Obedience is a runeword. So the 15%IAS jewel goes on armor or helmet.

    >>> Reaper's Toll - ITD, 33% Deadly Strike, ctc Decrep, 13%LL, 20% IAS
    >>> from Shael, but also level 75. With Duriel's and CoT (2sockets =
    >>> 30%IAS) I'll get to 4.1 attacks per second. Max damage is 435.
    >
    > Again, Amn rather than Shael.

    What's the life leech for 3.3 versus 4.1 attacks/second.

    Shael: Reaper's/CoT = 23%LL * 4.1 = 94%
    Amn: Reaper's/CoT = 30%LL * 3.3 = 99%

    So, with Shael I get more damage/second and only 5% life leech..

    Regardsd,

    Oliver

Video Games