Throw barb question for Oliver and others

I was thinking about hijacking the other thread, but decided to make my
own.

I recently started i throw barb myself and he is level 27 atm and past
Diablo, but that was not easy.

He lacks damage and have a bit of trouble on figure out how to get some
decent damage before he get to level 44 and can use deathbit.

He uses 2 magic balanced knife, one with mana leech and one with life
leech and have 2 magic pilum and the switch, and i empty the stack on both
weapon set after killing 5-10 monsters.

The primary playing budy for this char is a paladin focusing on defensive
skills only, so we need to get some killing power from somewhere, any
ideas on how or what to do.

--
Sonni

Hi,

Sonni Skammelsen <news@sonni.org> wrote in

> I recently started i throw barb myself and he is level 27 atm and past
> Diablo, but that was not easy.
>
> He lacks damage and have a bit of trouble on figure out how to get
> some decent damage before he get to level 44 and can use deathbit.
>
> He uses 2 magic balanced knife, one with mana leech and one with life
> leech and have 2 magic pilum and the switch, and i empty the stack on
> both weapon set after killing 5-10 monsters.

as I only play SP, I start my chars with the -act5 trick at level 33 and
skip Normal for good. But I still hope I can help somewhat..

Be aware not to put more than one point in Double Throw at lower levels.
It only increases AR, not damage. Ten skill points, 5 in Throwing mastery
and 5 in Double Swing (damage synergy for Double Throw) get you a mere +
88% damage. DS gives 8% damage per level and Mastery 5% damage.

Until you can get some rare or crafted throwing weapons with higher
damage, I'd go with, I'd go with Concentrate as primary attack. One point
in Conc and 10 in Battle Orders already give 175% damage. One more point
in your second mastery adds another 28% damage and AR.

Throwing fun normally starts in nightmare when you've hired your might
merc. Max Double Swing asap and put 5-10 skill points in Throwing mastery
and then you should be able to actually start throwing.

It might also be useful to get Knockback somewhere. HONOR runeword in a
Naga axe only requires level 27.

Tell some more about how you play (twinked-untwinked) and your current
skill distribution?

Regards,

Oliver

Oliver Wenzel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sonni Skammelsen <news@sonni.org> wrote in
>

>>I recently started i throw barb myself and he is level 27 atm and past
>>Diablo, but that was not easy.
>>
>>He lacks damage and have a bit of trouble on figure out how to get
>>some decent damage before he get to level 44 and can use deathbit.
>>
>>He uses 2 magic balanced knife, one with mana leech and one with life
>>leech and have 2 magic pilum and the switch, and i empty the stack on
>>both weapon set after killing 5-10 monsters.
>

> as I only play SP, I start my chars with the -act5 trick at level 33 and
> skip Normal for good. But I still hope I can help somewhat..

Hmm, hopes they implement that on HCL soon :)

> Be aware not to put more than one point in Double Throw at lower levels.
> It only increases AR, not damage. Ten skill points, 5 in Throwing mastery
> and 5 in Double Swing (damage synergy for Double Throw) get you a mere +
> 88% damage. DS gives 8% damage per level and Mastery 5% damage.

Most of this is already planned :)

> Until you can get some rare or crafted throwing weapons with higher
> damage, I'd go with, I'd go with Concentrate as primary attack. One point
> in Conc and 10 in Battle Orders already give 175% damage. One more point
> in your second mastery adds another 28% damage and AR.

Conc is there already, but 10 BO as level 27, my plan it to raise it to
around 15 with time.

> Throwing fun normally starts in nightmare when you've hired your might
> merc. Max Double Swing asap and put 5-10 skill points in Throwing mastery
> and then you should be able to actually start throwing.

So you think might merc is the best choice, i was thinking about going
for a barb, i kinda like those after tried a couple of them :)

> It might also be useful to get Knockback somewhere. HONOR runeword in a
> Naga axe only requires level 27.

Then i need to find a naga, but i might wanna find knockback from
somewhere :)

> Tell some more about how you play (twinked-untwinked) and your current
> skill distribution?

OK here we go......
Stat points
50 str, 55 with gear
60 dex
100 vit
base ene

Skill
Combat skills
Bash 1
leap 1, 3 with gear
double swing 1
stun 1
double throw 1
leap attack 1
concentrate 1
frenzy 1
Combat masteries
Axe mastery 2
throw mastery 9
incr. stamina 1
iron skin 1
incr. speed 1
Warcries
Howl 1
Find potion 1
taunt 1
shout 1
find item 1
battle cry 1
battle orders 1
grim ward 1

Gear excl. weapon
Helm: Coif of Glory
Armor: Hawkmail
Gloves: The Hand of Broc
Boots: Gorefoot
Belt: rare, 17% ED, +2 str, +35 life, repl life +5, cold res 27%, fire
res 14%
Amulet: Nokozan Relic
Ring1: Manald Heal
Ring2: Nagelring
Some low res and life charms.

I play as twinked as i can, almost, thats why i collecting all that gear :)

My plan is putting on Rattlecage and Goblin Toe when i get strong enough
to Rattlecage, changing my amu to one with skills on and one of my barb
skill/res circlets.

Skills is going to be a complete mess, but something like this
15 BO
10 shout
max throw mastery
max double swing
one in all combat skills
5 axe mastery
5 iron skin
5-10 natural resist
5 battle cry
5+ war cry
decent % find item
one in all warcries

and that is a little more than i can get :)

What do you think of this ?
And how do I/we get through act 5 and baalruns?

--
Sonni
-=-=-

> Oliver Wenzel wrote:
>
>> Throwing fun normally starts in nightmare when you've hired your
>> might merc. Max Double Swing asap and put 5-10 skill points in
>> Throwing mastery and then you should be able to actually start
>> throwing.
>
> So you think might merc is the best choice, i was thinking about going
> for a barb, i kinda like those after tried a couple of them :)

I never have used a barb merc, but afaik they don't earn their pay with a
barb. Without might merc, I'm doing about 5K damage per axe. This goes up
about 50% with a might guy.
This level 84 ThrowBarb has been running around with an HF merc until now,
but I just switched to might.. I just love these high damage numbers.

>> Tell some more about how you play (twinked-untwinked) and your
>> current skill distribution?
> I play as twinked as i can, almost, thats why i collecting all that
> gear :)
>
> My plan is putting on Rattlecage and Goblin Toe when i get strong
> enough to Rattlecage, changing my amu to one with skills on and one of
> my barb skill/res circlets.

If you have or can get the runes, make a Delirium helmet. I have one for my
mercs and another for my Throwbarbs. In a barb helmet with +2 Shout and
also +1 BO. Then you can skip the 10+ points in battle/war cry.

> Skills is going to be a complete mess, but something like this
> 15 BO
> 10 shout
> max throw mastery
> max double swing
> one in all combat skills
> 5 axe mastery
> 5 iron skin
> 5-10 natural resist
> 5 battle cry
> 5+ war cry
> decent % find item
> one in all warcries
>
> and that is a little more than i can get :)

I have 2 Shout, 20 BO and 2 BC. On weapon switch and switching ammus for a
+3 warcries one, I get level 7 Shout/BC, which lasts exactly 3 minutes.
Good enough for me.. Conc as secondary attack gives another 150% defense at
level 6.
5 points in Nat.Res should give level 10 after +skills and that's 54% res
all.
I've completely skipped the leap tree in combat skills, and no points in
Frenzy or Berserk, too.

> What do you think of this ?
> And how do I/we get through act 5 and baalruns?

Basically sound. Max your basic skills first and save them up until they
are really needed. 15 DS, 15 DT and 10 BO should be good enough for most of
nightmare diff and then spend the rest on an as-needed basis.

My first ThrowBarb is Patriarch at level 89, and he was my first try at
throwing. So he is somewhat messed up..

Regards,

Oliver

"Sonni Skammelsen" <news@sonni.org> wrote in message
> Oliver Wenzel wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Sonni Skammelsen <news@sonni.org> wrote in
> >

> >>I recently started i throw barb myself and he is level 27 atm and past
> >>Diablo, but that was not easy.
> >>
> >>He lacks damage and have a bit of trouble on figure out how to get
> >>some decent damage before he get to level 44 and can use deathbit.
> >>
> >>He uses 2 magic balanced knife, one with mana leech and one with life
> >>leech and have 2 magic pilum and the switch, and i empty the stack on
> >>both weapon set after killing 5-10 monsters.
> >

> > as I only play SP, I start my chars with the -act5 trick at level 33 and
> > skip Normal for good. But I still hope I can help somewhat..
> >

> Hmm, hopes they implement that on HCL soon :)
>
> > Be aware not to put more than one point in Double Throw at lower levels.
> > It only increases AR, not damage. Ten skill points, 5 in Throwing
mastery
> > and 5 in Double Swing (damage synergy for Double Throw) get you a mere +
> > 88% damage. DS gives 8% damage per level and Mastery 5% damage.
> >

> Most of this is already planned :)
>
> > Until you can get some rare or crafted throwing weapons with higher
> > damage, I'd go with, I'd go with Concentrate as primary attack. One
point
> > in Conc and 10 in Battle Orders already give 175% damage. One more point
> > in your second mastery adds another 28% damage and AR.
> >

> Conc is there already, but 10 BO as level 27, my plan it to raise it to
> around 15 with time.
>
> > Throwing fun normally starts in nightmare when you've hired your might
> > merc. Max Double Swing asap and put 5-10 skill points in Throwing
mastery
> > and then you should be able to actually start throwing.
> >

> So you think might merc is the best choice, i was thinking about going
> for a barb, i kinda like those after tried a couple of them :)

Mighty Merc all the way! The only other one I would consider would be an HF
guy.

> > It might also be useful to get Knockback somewhere. HONOR runeword in a
> > Naga axe only requires level 27.
> >

> Then i need to find a naga, but i might wanna find knockback from
> somewhere :)

Don't forget Clegs Gloves. Coif of Glory has the Hit Blinds Target, quite
useful if you can scare one up. Another is Howltusk, I believe that has
Knockback on it.

> > Tell some more about how you play (twinked-untwinked) and your current
> > skill distribution?

<snipped statsnskills>
First of all, you don't have to throw all the time :)
Early on I usually used DoubeSwing until I got some throwing weapons worth
using.
If you could get ahold of any of these:
Gnasher - 20% CB
Rixots - 25% CB and 20% bonus to AR

Normal monsters don't have very many HP's anyway, so equip some of these,
put DoubleSwing on the right mouse button, press it, and don't let go :)

> I play as twinked as i can, almost, thats why i collecting all that gear
:)

> My plan is putting on Rattlecage and Goblin Toe when i get strong enough
> to Rattlecage, changing my amu to one with skills on and one of my barb
> skill/res circlets.

This is a good plan, Rattlecage with the MonsterFlee helps.

> Skills is going to be a complete mess, but something like this
> 15 BO
> 10 shout
> max throw mastery
> max double swing
> one in all combat skills
> 5 axe mastery
> 5 iron skin
> 5-10 natural resist
> 5 battle cry
> 5+ war cry
> decent % find item
> one in all warcries

I would suggest at least 1 point in Frenzy. Frenzy up, then start throwing.
You'll throw lots faster ;) Also, a Razortail belt isn't a bad idea ether
if you come across one.

> and that is a little more than i can get :)
>
> What do you think of this ?
> And how do I/we get through act 5 and baalruns?

Normal? It really shouldn't be too hard. I had a HC throwbarb that beat
Normal Baal at lvl 24, or 27 a long time ago. You'll need to SHOPSHOPSHOP
for some good throwing knives, and start gambling too. Oh, and Crafting.
;)

Also, if you can get some ethereal deathbits upgraded, your damage will be
pretty respectable.

short

Sonni Skammelsen schrieb:
> The primary playing budy for this char is a paladin focusing on defensive
> skills only, so we need to get some killing power from somewhere, any
> ideas on how or what to do.

I might catch up with my new Frenzybarb named Deathoath (*hint hint*). I
selfrushed him through normal today, now he is old enough to use
Butcher's Pupil.

---
Hannes

On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 13:48:51 +0100, Hannes Brunner wrote:

> Sonni Skammelsen schrieb:
>> The primary playing budy for this char is a paladin focusing on
>> defensive skills only, so we need to get some killing power from
>> somewhere, any ideas on how or what to do.
>
> I might catch up with my new Frenzybarb named Deathoath (*hint hint*). I
> selfrushed him through normal today, now he is old enough to use Butcher's
> Pupil.

Hey, we are only ready to take on act 5 normal, but you seems to have the
killing power, so help is on it's way :)

(I'm pretty sure that if had used enchant we would be able to kill too :))

--
Sonni

On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 11:08:47 -0500, short wrote:

> [snip a lot]
>> So you think might merc is the best choice, i was thinking about going
>> for a barb, i kinda like those after tried a couple of them :)
>>
> Mighty Merc all the way! The only other one I would consider would be an
> HF guy.

2 people saying might, then i better get one like that if i ever compelete
normal :)

>> > It might also be useful to get Knockback somewhere. HONOR runeword in
>> > a Naga axe only requires level 27.
>> >

>> Then i need to find a naga, but i might wanna find knockback from
>> somewhere :)
>>
> Don't forget Clegs Gloves. Coif of Glory has the Hit Blinds Target, quite
> useful if you can scare one up. Another is Howltusk, I believe that has
> Knockback on it.

I'm using Coif of Glory atm. and it is nice when it triggers the blind
target, but with time this barb is going to use a circlet so he is showing
his cool bald head.

>> > Tell some more about how you play (twinked-untwinked) and your current
>> > skill distribution?
>> >
> <snipped statsnskills>
> First of all, you don't have to throw all the time :) Early on I usually
> used DoubeSwing until I got some throwing weapons worth using.
> If you could get ahold of any of these: Gnasher - 20% CB
> Rixots - 25% CB and 20% bonus to AR
>
> Normal monsters don't have very many HP's anyway, so equip some of these,
> put DoubleSwing on the right mouse button, press it, and don't let go :)

I'm using doubleswing whit my small knifes, but not into big packs, and in
act 5 all monsters are in packs, thats why i'm a little worried.

>> I play as twinked as i can, almost, thats why i collecting all that gear
> :)
>>
>> My plan is putting on Rattlecage and Goblin Toe when i get strong enough
>> to Rattlecage, changing my amu to one with skills on and one of my barb
>> skill/res circlets.
>>
> This is a good plan, Rattlecage with the MonsterFlee helps.
>
>> Skills is going to be a complete mess, but something like this 15 BO
>> 10 shout
>> max throw mastery
>> max double swing
>> one in all combat skills
>> 5 axe mastery
>> 5 iron skin
>> 5-10 natural resist
>> 5 battle cry
>> 5+ war cry
>> decent % find item
>> one in all warcries
>>
> I would suggest at least 1 point in Frenzy. Frenzy up, then start
> throwing. You'll throw lots faster ;) Also, a Razortail belt isn't a bad
> idea ether if you come across one.

Me think thinks Frenzy is a combat skill where i put one in all:)

>> and that is a little more than i can get :)
>>
>> What do you think of this ?
>> And how do I/we get through act 5 and baalruns?
>>

> Normal? It really shouldn't be too hard. I had a HC throwbarb that beat
> Normal Baal at lvl 24, or 27 a long time ago. You'll need to SHOPSHOPSHOP
> for some good throwing knives, and start gambling too. Oh, and Crafting.
> ;)

Shopping :)
i hoped i could do through without so much trouble, but the good thing is
a found some rare battle darts on a mule, they look like a good solution,
maybe i find more. Atm i'm going through all my mules an registrates every
item i have, should have done that before i went up to 48 mules, it takes
a lot of time to do now :)

> Also, if you can get some ethereal deathbits upgraded, your damage will
> be pretty respectable.

Hope i find some soon :)

--
Sonni

> On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 11:08:47 -0500, short wrote:
>

> > [snip a lot]
> >> So you think might merc is the best choice, i was thinking about going
> >> for a barb, i kinda like those after tried a couple of them :)
> >>
> > Mighty Merc all the way! The only other one I would consider would be
an
> > HF guy.
> >

> 2 people saying might, then i better get one like that if i ever compelete
> normal :)

Hehe. This is HC though? If it is, you could try a HF guy first, and if
you like him better just stick with him. I always liked looking at the huge
damage numbers though, after his Aura kicks in.

> >> Then i need to find a naga, but i might wanna find knockback from
> >> somewhere :)
> >>
> > Don't forget Clegs Gloves. Coif of Glory has the Hit Blinds Target,
quite
> > useful if you can scare one up. Another is Howltusk, I believe that has
> > Knockback on it.
> >

> I'm using Coif of Glory atm. and it is nice when it triggers the blind
> target, but with time this barb is going to use a circlet so he is showing
> his cool bald head.

LOL!
If he's anything like me, he'd rather wear a hat that covers up the bald
spot :eek:)

> > <snipped statsnskills>
> > First of all, you don't have to throw all the time :) Early on I usually
> > used DoubeSwing until I got some throwing weapons worth using.
> > If you could get ahold of any of these: Gnasher - 20% CB
> > Rixots - 25% CB and 20% bonus to AR
> >
> > Normal monsters don't have very many HP's anyway, so equip some of
these,
> > put DoubleSwing on the right mouse button, press it, and don't let go :)
> >

> I'm using doubleswing whit my small knifes, but not into big packs, and in
> act 5 all monsters are in packs, thats why i'm a little worried.

Yeah, it can be a little nervewracking at times. What is the damage on
those knives again?

> >> I play as twinked as i can, almost, thats why i collecting all that
gear
> > :)
> >>
> >> My plan is putting on Rattlecage and Goblin Toe when i get strong
enough
> >> to Rattlecage, changing my amu to one with skills on and one of my barb
> >> skill/res circlets.
> >>
> > This is a good plan, Rattlecage with the MonsterFlee helps.
> >
> >> Skills is going to be a complete mess, but something like this 15 BO
> >> 10 shout
> >> max throw mastery
> >> max double swing
> >> one in all combat skills
> >> 5 axe mastery
> >> 5 iron skin
> >> 5-10 natural resist
> >> 5 battle cry
> >> 5+ war cry
> >> decent % find item
> >> one in all warcries
> >>
> > I would suggest at least 1 point in Frenzy. Frenzy up, then start
> > throwing. You'll throw lots faster ;) Also, a Razortail belt isn't a
bad
> > idea ether if you come across one.
> >

> Me think thinks Frenzy is a combat skill where i put one in all:)

Oh, you mean that part where you said ">> one in all combat skills". Heh, I
didn't see that :)

> >> and that is a little more than i can get :)
> >>
> >> What do you think of this ?
> >> And how do I/we get through act 5 and baalruns?
> >>

> > Normal? It really shouldn't be too hard. I had a HC throwbarb that
beat
> > Normal Baal at lvl 24, or 27 a long time ago. You'll need to
SHOPSHOPSHOP
> > for some good throwing knives, and start gambling too. Oh, and
Crafting.
> > ;)
> >

> Shopping :)
> i hoped i could do through without so much trouble, but the good thing is
> a found some rare battle darts on a mule, they look like a good solution,
> maybe i find more. Atm i'm going through all my mules an registrates every
> item i have, should have done that before i went up to 48 mules, it takes
> a lot of time to do now :)

Yeah, I tried to do that when I had a bunch of mules, and always stopped
after the first 2-3 accounts. I'd rather be playing that taking inventory.

> > Also, if you can get some ethereal deathbits upgraded, your damage will
> > be pretty respectable.
> >

> Hope i find some soon :)

short - warshrikes are nice too

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 09:36:26 -0500, short wrote:

> "Sonni Skammelsen" <news@sonni.org> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 11:08:47 -0500, short wrote:
>>

>> > [snip a lot]
>> >>
>> > Mighty Merc all the way! The only other one I would consider would be
> an
>> > HF guy.
>> >

>> 2 people saying might, then i better get one like that if i ever
>> compelete normal :)
>>
> Hehe. This is HC though? If it is, you could try a HF guy first, and if
> you like him better just stick with him. I always liked looking at the
> huge damage numbers though, after his Aura kicks in.

Yes, HC it is, that makes mistakes kinda fatal, one mistake and you start
from level 1 again :)
But i will try that might dude first.

>> > Don't forget Clegs Gloves. Coif of Glory has the Hit Blinds Target,
> quite
>> > useful if you can scare one up. Another is Howltusk, I believe that
>> > has Knockback on it.
>> >

>> I'm using Coif of Glory atm. and it is nice when it triggers the blind
>> target, but with time this barb is going to use a circlet so he is
>> showing his cool bald head.
>>
> LOL!
> If he's anything like me, he'd rather wear a hat that covers up the bald
> spot :eek:)

Hmmmm, i decided to cover the bald spot in an other way, simply shave it
all of :)

> current
>> >> >
>> > <snipped statsnskills>
>> > First of all, you don't have to throw all the time :) Early on I
>> > usually used DoubeSwing until I got some throwing weapons worth using.
>> > If you could get ahold of any of these: Gnasher - 20% CB Rixots - 25%
>> > CB and 20% bonus to AR
>> >
>> > Normal monsters don't have very many HP's anyway, so equip some of
> these,
>> > put DoubleSwing on the right mouse button, press it, and don't let go
>> > :)
>> >

>> I'm using doubleswing whit my small knifes, but not into big packs, and
>> in act 5 all monsters are in packs, thats why i'm a little worried.
>>
> Yeah, it can be a little nervewracking at times. What is the damage on
> those knives again?

hehe, you really wanna know?
throwing = 8,5 avg.
normal attack = 4.5 avg.
Why do you think we used a long long long long long time on killing the
big D :)

> gear
>> > :)

> enough
>> >>
>> > This is a good plan, Rattlecage with the MonsterFlee helps.

>> > I would suggest at least 1 point in Frenzy. Frenzy up, then start
>> > throwing. You'll throw lots faster ;) Also, a Razortail belt isn't a
> bad
>> > idea ether if you come across one.
>> >

>> Me think thinks Frenzy is a combat skill where i put one in all:)
>>
> Oh, you mean that part where you said ">> one in all combat skills". Heh,
> I didn't see that :)

nono, it wasn't there or was it? :)
exactly that one :)

>> > Normal? It really shouldn't be too hard. I had a HC throwbarb that
> beat
>> > Normal Baal at lvl 24, or 27 a long time ago. You'll need to
> SHOPSHOPSHOP
>> > for some good throwing knives, and start gambling too. Oh, and
> Crafting.
>> > ;)
>> >

>> Shopping :)
>> i hoped i could do through without so much trouble, but the good thing
>> is a found some rare battle darts on a mule, they look like a good
>> solution, maybe i find more. Atm i'm going through all my mules an
>> registrates every item i have, should have done that before i went up to
>> 48 mules, it takes a lot of time to do now :)
>>
> Yeah, I tried to do that when I had a bunch of mules, and always stopped
> after the first 2-3 accounts. I'd rather be playing that taking
> inventory.

The thing that got me to do it is when i know i have a certain item i
have to go through all my mules to find it.
And by Murphy's Law we all know it's always on the last mule :)

>> > Also, if you can get some ethereal deathbits upgraded, your damage
>> > will be pretty respectable.
>> >

>> Hope i find some soon :)
>>

> short - warshrikes are nice too

Warshrikes, isn't that the one someone tried to bribe me with for going
knifes in stead of axe's :)

So when i get old enough i have one set of those i think/hope or something :)

--
Sonni

Hi,

Sonni Skammelsen <news@sonni.org> wrote in

>> I would suggest at least 1 point in Frenzy. Frenzy up, then start
>> throwing. You'll throw lots faster ;) Also, a Razortail belt isn't a
>> bad idea ether if you come across one.
>>

> Me think thinks Frenzy is a combat skill where i put one in all:)
>
>>> and that is a little more than i can get :)
>>>
>>> What do you think of this ?
>>> And how do I/we get through act 5 and baalruns?

my ThrowBarb is currently playing around with an Obedience Thresher. And
I can tell you, this thing rocks:

- 30% cTC Level 21 Enchant
permanent Enchant if you use it every now and then
about 200%AR for 10 minutes

- 40% Crushing Blow
- -25% Target defense
another nice AR gain. With GoreRiders we have 55%CB

- +10 to STR and DEX
- +289 defense
- +20-30 res all
- 40% FHR
even more protection and damage

- required level 53, Dex 94, STR 122
- 56 to 662 damage

Skill point investment: level 20 BO, 3 Conc, 2 Polearm mastery and I
already have max 6197 damage with Conc (and 7K AR). It needs 60%IAS to
get 2 attacks per second, though.

Regards,

Oliver

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005, Oliver Wenzel wrote:

>> my ThrowBarb is currently playing around with an Obedience Thresher. And
>> I can tell you, this thing rocks:
>>
>> - 30% cTC Level 21 Enchant
>> permanent Enchant if you use it every now and then
>> about 200%AR for 10 minutes

So you poke things with the stick until you see the Enchant animation,
then Frenzy until you're at max attack speed
then double-throw until you're out of ammo or targets.

Does that cover it?

As soon as you see the Enchant animation of yourself, give the stick to
your merc and let him have some fun...

--

USEast HC Ladder: Rockstomper

Hi,

Brian Brunner <brian.brunner@verizon.net.prophet> wrote in

> On Thu, 10 Mar 2005, Oliver Wenzel wrote:
>

>>> - 30% cTC Level 21 Enchant
>>> permanent Enchant if you use it every now and then
>>> about 200%AR for 10 minutes
>
> So you poke things with the stick until you see the Enchant animation,
> then Frenzy until you're at max attack speed
> then double-throw until you're out of ammo or targets.
>
> Does that cover it?

actually, I've switched my thrower to use Obedience as his weapon switch.
It packs so much damage and all the other good stuff.. Witch Conc, he
does about max 6.2K damage! And that's with only 2 points in Polearm
mastery and 3 in Conc.
I haven't managed yet to get enough free sockets for IAS jewels. A
thresher needs about 60%IAS to reach 2 attacks per second.

With crafted blood gloves, gore riders and a Duress armor you would have
an easy 80% Crushing Blow, too.

Regards,

Oliver