where do you place the cube?

louis

I really wonder,
In almost all screenshots that i have seen, the Horadric cube is
placed in the inventory. I simply dont understand why..
I place mine in stash because when in inventory, it taking 4 squares
and dont seems worth them. I'll rater use those 2 extra spaces (the 2
others would be use by TP Tome)for charms.
But, i suspect that a good explanation is hidding behind that apparent
aberration..
Waiting for your illumination!

Louis

I keep mine in my inventory because although it takes up 4 squares in your
inventory it replaces it on the inside plus adds another 8. So in all fact
you are not losing 4 squares but gaining 8. Your choice really but i like it
in my inventory.

Jake Mysterio - The Mysterious One of Nothingness.

"Louis" <joubert.louis@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I really wonder,
> In almost all screenshots that i have seen, the Horadric cube is
> placed in the inventory. I simply dont understand why..
> I place mine in stash because when in inventory, it taking 4 squares
> and dont seems worth them. I'll rater use those 2 extra spaces (the 2
> others would be use by TP Tome)for charms.
> But, i suspect that a good explanation is hidding behind that apparent
> aberration..
> Waiting for your illumination!
>
> Louis

louis

"Jake Mysterio" <cretin@dodo.com.au> a écrit dans le message de
> I keep mine in my inventory because although it takes up 4 squares in your
> inventory it replaces it on the inside plus adds another 8. So in all fact
> you are not losing 4 squares but gaining 8. Your choice really but i like
it
> in my inventory.
>
> Jake Mysterio - The Mysterious One of Nothingness.

Thanks for your answer.
I think that while in inventory, the cube does not allow you to use the
benefits of charms, use TP or ID scroll nor pick items directly into the
cube. So, what are the 8 more squares are usefull to? It is still look like
a minus 2 squares for me. (the other 2 beeing use by TP tome).

Louis

"Louis" <joubert.louis@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I really wonder,
> In almost all screenshots that i have seen, the Horadric cube is
> placed in the inventory. I simply dont understand why..
> I place mine in stash because when in inventory, it taking 4 squares
> and dont seems worth them. I'll rater use those 2 extra spaces (the 2
> others would be use by TP Tome)for charms.
> But, i suspect that a good explanation is hidding behind that apparent
> aberration..
> Waiting for your illumination!
>
> Louis

As you I always have the cube in my stash. But others consider it better to
fill up most of the inventory with charms and use the cube as backpack.
However you always have to move the items in the cube yourself (not very
useful when you play in a greedy party...).

HTH Walt

i kep it in my invintory like jake and then fill the rest with charms (if i
have them) and the use the cube to put stuff in and ID so if i dont like the
item i can throw it away there and then
but like they say its up to the individal but i like it in my backpack

On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 10:35:02 GMT, "custard" <custards1@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>i kep it in my invintory like jake and then fill the rest with charms (if i
>have them) and the use the cube to put stuff in and ID so if i dont like the
>item i can throw it away there and then
>but like they say its up to the individal but i like it in my backpack

me too. what i would put on a "wish list", is a command that lets you
dump all the contents of the cube onto the ground. Often its a pain in
the ass to unload it in town. oh well.

sliver

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2005

"Louis" <lojo59ca@yahoo.fr> wrote in message

> "Jake Mysterio" <cretin@dodo.com.au> a écrit dans le message de
>> I keep mine in my inventory because although it takes up 4 squares in
>> your
>> inventory it replaces it on the inside plus adds another 8. So in all
>> fact
>> you are not losing 4 squares but gaining 8. Your choice really but i like
> it
>> in my inventory.
>>
>> Jake Mysterio - The Mysterious One of Nothingness.
>
> Thanks for your answer.
> I think that while in inventory, the cube does not allow you to use the
> benefits of charms, use TP or ID scroll nor pick items directly into the
> cube. So, what are the 8 more squares are usefull to? It is still look
> like
> a minus 2 squares for me. (the other 2 beeing use by TP tome).

You can ID something that is IN the cube as long as the scroll isn't. If
your backpack is stuffed to the gills with charms like my zons is, than 4
spaces used by the cube to hold 12 spaces worth of stuff makes all the
difference when you are in MP games. I can play with my inventory open and
grab whatever I see out of the mess and jam it into the cube. Considering
that you can shove an armor a sword and a belt into the cube but the same
items would not fit into the 2x2 slot the cube takes up makes sense to me to
cart it around. I never have more than a 4x2 slot open and whatever I can
fit into the cube. Helps when you don't want to go back to town to cube up 3
gems you found taking them down from 3 spaces to one. It's all about the
space and how often you are willing to trot back to town. In a baal run I am
likely to find about 3-4 items that I either want to keep or sell but I am
not about to make 3-4 trips. Having the cube makes it just that much easier
and even then sometimes I have my inventory open my pack and cube are full
and I leave the game with something on the pointer 8D

--
In a World Full of Insanity
Here I Stand.

"howldog" <lifeisgood@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 10:35:02 GMT, "custard" <custards1@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >i kep it in my invintory like jake and then fill the rest with charms (if
> >have them) and the use the cube to put stuff in and ID so if i dont like
the
> >item i can throw it away there and then
> >but like they say its up to the individal but i like it in my backpack
>

> me too. what i would put on a "wish list", is a command that lets you
> dump all the contents of the cube onto the ground. Often its a pain in
> the ass to unload it in town. oh well.

if you drop the cube itself on the ground all items will leave the cube. you
know that?

Walt

--
-------------
Europe SC non-ladder

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 15:30:28 +0100, "Walt" <wbecke[no-spam}@gmx.at>
wrote:

>"howldog" <lifeisgood@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>> On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 10:35:02 GMT, "custard" <custards1@hotmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >i kep it in my invintory like jake and then fill the rest with charms (if
>> >have them) and the use the cube to put stuff in and ID so if i dont like
>the
>> >item i can throw it away there and then
>> >but like they say its up to the individal but i like it in my backpack
>>

>> me too. what i would put on a "wish list", is a command that lets you
>> dump all the contents of the cube onto the ground. Often its a pain in
>> the ass to unload it in town. oh well.
>>

>if you drop the cube itself on the ground all items will leave the cube. you
>know that?

wow. groovy. no i didnt. thanks for the tip.

the things you learn on here.