Upgrade of Latitude D600

Just purchased a used D600 from my company, and want to upgrade the
internal CD-ROM to either a CD-RW or combo drive.

Don't want to go through Dell - as I assume replacement parts are more
expensive then necessary. Would prefer to purchase from ZipZoomFly or
newegg.

Suggestions on which drive to order?

Thanks in advance.
2 answers Last reply
More about upgrade latitude d600

    As long as you don't care about an exact match faceplate, any slimline
    notebook drive will work.

    If you want an exact match, you'll have to go through Dell or buy from a
    Dell parts reseller:

    parts-people.com
    impactcomputers.com
    centrix-intl.com

    "Edward J. Neth" <ejn63@netscape.net> wrote in message
    > As long as you don't care about an exact match faceplate, any slimline
    > notebook drive will work.
    >
    > If you want an exact match, you'll have to go through Dell or buy from a
    > Dell parts reseller:
    >
    > parts-people.com
    > impactcomputers.com
    > centrix-intl.com

    Again, you might also consider a *reputable* ebay seller for an exact match.
    Retail (Dell) prices on either of those drives will likely range from $90 or
    more for the CDRW, and up to $179 for the combo drive.

    I purchased a D610 combo drive (24x) on ebay for $56.00 including shipping
    not a month ago. The (reputable) seller was an individual though, and not a
    reseller. Reseller prices will generally run $80 or more + shipping on
    ebay.

    Trust your own comfort level no matter which vendor you choose. Those
    drives are in demand and do not come cheaply.....

    Stew

Dell CD-Rom Computers