necro spells on fanatics, berzerks, possessed

Am i imagining things or do certain Necro spells have no effect on
fanatics, berzerks, or possessed? Seems like dim vision and confuse
didnt work on them at all last night. Version 1.09

"howldog" <lifeisgood@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Am i imagining things or do certain Necro spells have no effect on
> fanatics, berzerks, or possessed? Seems like dim vision and confuse
> didnt work on them at all last night. Version 1.09

I know they don't on Possessed, haven't run into a Berzerk or Fanatic with
my Skellimancer recently.

short

On 9-Mar-2005, howldog <lifeisgood@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Am i imagining things

No.

> or do certain Necro spells have no effect on
> fanatics, berzerks, or possessed? Seems like dim vision and confuse
> didnt work on them at all last night. Version 1.09

Correct. Same in 1.10
--
Don't Panic!

On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 18:36:25 GMT, "ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname>
wrote:

>On 9-Mar-2005, howldog <lifeisgood@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Am i imagining things
>
>No.
>
>> or do certain Necro spells have no effect on
>> fanatics, berzerks, or possessed? Seems like dim vision and confuse
>> didnt work on them at all last night. Version 1.09
>
>Correct. Same in 1.10

OK. Do ANY curses work on them? Couldnt really tell if AmpDamage or
Decrep worked or not. Might have been.... so much carnage onscreen,
hard to tell

On 9-Mar-2005, howldog <lifeisgood@hotmail.com> wrote:

> OK. Do ANY curses work on them? Couldnt really tell if AmpDamage or
> Decrep worked or not. Might have been.... so much carnage onscreen,
> hard to tell

I THINK so, heh, I have the same problem, so many bodies on the screen at
once it can indeed be hard to tell.
I am pretty sure those two work on most if not all monsters, along with
lower resist, but I am also 99% sure that terror is another that does NOT
work on those fanatic/berzerk/possessed. One way to tell which are
affected and which are not is to cast decrep and then confuse and note
which monsters are still showing the decrep graphic above them. If you
can. While they are all swinging away at you and your minions. :)
--
Don't Panic!

On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 19:56:33 GMT, "ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname>
wrote:

>On 9-Mar-2005, howldog <lifeisgood@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> OK. Do ANY curses work on them? Couldnt really tell if AmpDamage or
>> Decrep worked or not. Might have been.... so much carnage onscreen,
>> hard to tell
>
>I THINK so, heh, I have the same problem, so many bodies on the screen at
>once it can indeed be hard to tell.
>I am pretty sure those two work on most if not all monsters, along with
>lower resist, but I am also 99% sure that terror is another that does NOT
>work on those fanatic/berzerk/possessed. One way to tell which are
>affected and which are not is to cast decrep and then confuse and note
>which monsters are still showing the decrep graphic above them. If you
>can. While they are all swinging away at you and your minions. :)

hmmm. so you are saying, if the curse graphic shows above their heads,
then the curse IS working? Is it possible the graphic shows, but
there's no real effect?

I thought I read somewhere that in 1.09, spells would flash, but with
no real effect.....like you had some boots that gave you 10% chance of
frost nova upon striking, the nova would flash onscreen, but the
monsters were not affected....

"ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname> wrote in message

> On 9-Mar-2005, howldog <lifeisgood@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > OK. Do ANY curses work on them? Couldnt really tell if AmpDamage or
> > Decrep worked or not. Might have been.... so much carnage onscreen,
> > hard to tell
>
> I THINK so, heh, I have the same problem, so many bodies on the screen at
> once it can indeed be hard to tell.
> I am pretty sure those two work on most if not all monsters, along with
> lower resist, but I am also 99% sure that terror is another that does NOT

Amp Damage, Decrep, and Lower Resist work on pretty much everything EXCEPT
Possesed monsters, which are immune to all curses.

> work on those fanatic/berzerk/possessed. One way to tell which are
> affected and which are not is to cast decrep and then confuse and note
> which monsters are still showing the decrep graphic above them. If you
> can. While they are all swinging away at you and your minions. :)

I believe Uniques and all Champion-type monsters are immune to AI-affecting
curses, so Confuse, Attract, Dim Vision, and Terror should have no effect.

RelMark

On 9-Mar-2005, howldog <lifeisgood@hotmail.com> wrote:

> hmmm. so you are saying, if the curse graphic shows above their heads,
> then the curse IS working?

That is what I believe.

> Is it possible the graphic shows, but
> there's no real effect?

Huh, could be, but I haven't heard/read about anything like that.

> I thought I read somewhere that in 1.09, spells would flash, but with
> no real effect.....like you had some boots that gave you 10% chance of
> frost nova upon striking, the nova would flash onscreen, but the
> monsters were not affected....

See above - I never saw that, but then I never really played 1.09, I went
from 1.07 to 1.10

Anybody else *know* about this?
--
Don't Panic!

On Wed, 09 Mar 2005, howldog wrote:

>> >No.

>> >Correct. Same in 1.10
>>

>> OK. Do ANY curses work on them?

Possessed are curse immune. Others will take AD/Decrep, but are immune
to AI curses (DV, Confuse, Terror, Weaken, Attract.)

--

USEast HC Ladder: Rockstomper

On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 23:50:49 GMT, Brian Brunner
<brian.brunner@verizon.net.prophet> wrote:

>Possessed are curse immune. Others will take AD/Decrep, but are immune
>to AI curses (DV, Confuse, Terror, Weaken, Attract.)

Aren't the ghostly ones also immune? It seems to me that they don't
take the curses, although fanatics and other champions do.

---The Mad Alchemist---
http://www.mad-alchemy.com
Email sent to the above address, unless clearly marked
as wine or heraldry, will be deleted unread.

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 18:37:44 -0500, "RelMark" <bsmith77@dreamscape.com>
wrote:

>I believe Uniques and all Champion-type monsters are immune to AI-affecting
>curses, so Confuse, Attract, Dim Vision, and Terror should have no effect.

Ah! that explains it.

i've packed my mod with those types so no wonder my Necro was having
such a difficult time. Thanks.

On Wed, 09 Mar 2005, Darren George wrote:

>> On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 23:50:49 GMT, Brian Brunner
>> <brian.brunner@verizon.net.prophet> wrote:
>>
>> >Possessed are curse immune. Others will take AD/Decrep, but are immune
>> >to AI curses (DV, Confuse, Terror, Weaken, Attract.)
>>
>> Aren't the ghostly ones also immune? It seems to me that they don't
>> take the curses, although fanatics and other champions do.

I'll have to check...

I've seen Ghostly Ghosts, and Possessed Ghosts... but I don't remember
if the Ghostly Ghosts can take AD/Decrep (Possessed can't...)

--

USEast HC Ladder: Rockstomper

TRENDING THREADS