Poison Necro: Rethunk'd

I'd started one before, but now he's looking slightly interesting again.
Also I'm completely bored at work so I've been checking out some more build
ideas :eek:)

According to the AS, with 3 pieces of Trang's set I get -25% poison resist,
and
an additional +25% poison damage from the gloves. Add on a Boneshade, I get
another -40% poison resist. On paper that looks like it would just about
double my poison damage.

Now, does it really work that way?

Thinking a lvl 5-10 Lower Resist too, if it needs to be that high as well.
Are there any Poison Immunes that I can't break?

short - it will be awhile before this one gets started though, if ever

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005, "short" wrote:

>> I'd started one before, but now he's looking slightly interesting again.
>> Also I'm completely bored at work so I've been checking out some more build
>> ideas :eek:)
>>

>> According to the AS, with 3 pieces of Trang's set I get -25% poison resist,
>> and
>> an additional +25% poison damage from the gloves. Add on a Boneshade, I get
>> another -40% poison resist. On paper that looks like it would just about
>> double my poison damage.
>>
>> Now, does it really work that way?
>>
>> Thinking a lvl 5-10 Lower Resist too,

IIRC LowerResists doesn't affect immunities, as Conviction does.

Get your merc an Infinity polearm (Ber + Mal + Ber + Ist) and his level
12 Conviction will (theoretically) help greatly.

--

USEast HC Ladder: Rockstomper

"Brian Brunner" <brian.brunner@verizon.net.prophet> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> On Wed, 9 Mar 2005, "short" wrote:
>
> >> I'd started one before, but now he's looking slightly interesting
again.
> >> Also I'm completely bored at work so I've been checking out some more
build
> >> ideas :eek:)
> >>

> >> According to the AS, with 3 pieces of Trang's set I get -25% poison
resist,
> >> and
> >> an additional +25% poison damage from the gloves. Add on a Boneshade,
I get
> >> another -40% poison resist. On paper that looks like it would just
about
> >> double my poison damage.
> >>
> >> Now, does it really work that way?
> >>
> >> Thinking a lvl 5-10 Lower Resist too,
>
> IIRC LowerResists doesn't affect immunities, as Conviction does.
>
> Get your merc an Infinity polearm (Ber + Mal + Ber + Ist) and his level
> 12 Conviction will (theoretically) help greatly.
>

> --
>
> USEast HC Ladder: Rockstomper

Lower resist DOES effect immunities but it is not that strong as conviction.

Walt

--
-------------
Europe SC non-ladder

"Brian Brunner" <brian.brunner@verizon.net.prophet> wrote in message
> On Wed, 9 Mar 2005, "short" wrote:
>
> >> I'd started one before, but now he's looking slightly interesting
again.
> >> Also I'm completely bored at work so I've been checking out some more
build
> >> ideas :eek:)
> >>

> >> According to the AS, with 3 pieces of Trang's set I get -25% poison
resist,
> >> and
> >> an additional +25% poison damage from the gloves. Add on a Boneshade,
I get
> >> another -40% poison resist. On paper that looks like it would just
about
> >> double my poison damage.
> >>
> >> Now, does it really work that way?
> >>
> >> Thinking a lvl 5-10 Lower Resist too,
>
> IIRC LowerResists doesn't affect immunities, as Conviction does.

What do you mean? It doesn't break immunities, or just not all of them?

> Get your merc an Infinity polearm (Ber + Mal + Ber + Ist) and his level
> 12 Conviction will (theoretically) help greatly.

Hehe, yeah right :)
I will probably be making an Obedience Stick though.

short - I wish I could though

"Walt" <wbecke[no-spam}@gmx.at> wrote in message
> "Brian Brunner" <brian.brunner@verizon.net.prophet> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> again.
> build

> resist,
Boneshade,
> I get
> about

> > IIRC LowerResists doesn't affect immunities, as Conviction does.
> >
> > Get your merc an Infinity polearm (Ber + Mal + Ber + Ist) and his level
> > 12 Conviction will (theoretically) help greatly.
> >

> > --
> >
> > USEast HC Ladder: Rockstomper
>
> Lower resist DOES effect immunities but it is not that strong as
conviction.

> Walt

Ah, thanks.

short

short wrote:
> "Brian Brunner" <brian.brunner@verizon.net.prophet> wrote in message
> > On Wed, 9 Mar 2005, "short" wrote:
> >

> > IIRC LowerResists doesn't affect immunities, as Conviction does.
> >
> What do you mean? It doesn't break immunities, or just not all of
them?

Lower Resists and Conviction both work at 1/5 effectiveness on
immunities. So lower resist on a Poison Immune would be something like:

60%/5=12%. So if a poison immune was 115% resistant you wouldnt break
it. Just get it to 103% resistant and no other effects would help
except....

Max Conviction would get you to 150/5=30% which means that the
previously 115% resistant is now 85% resistant.

Only Lower Resists and Conviction can break immunities.

However, after breaking the immunity, you should note that all your
-resists gear would work as normal... meaning that if you break an
immunity then the -25% from Trang's, -40% from DeathsWeb (not
boneshade), any facets would make it -65%. In other words, get that
immunity broken and you are home free.

I believe there are SOME unbreakable poison immunes, but not many.

"chaliban" <chaliban@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> short wrote:
> > "Brian Brunner" <brian.brunner@verizon.net.prophet> wrote in message
> > > On Wed, 9 Mar 2005, "short" wrote:
> > >

> > > IIRC LowerResists doesn't affect immunities, as Conviction does.
> > >
> > What do you mean? It doesn't break immunities, or just not all of
> them?
>
> Lower Resists and Conviction both work at 1/5 effectiveness on
> immunities. So lower resist on a Poison Immune would be something like:
>
> 60%/5=12%. So if a poison immune was 115% resistant you wouldnt break
> it. Just get it to 103% resistant and no other effects would help
> except....
>
> Max Conviction would get you to 150/5=30% which means that the
> previously 115% resistant is now 85% resistant.
>
> Only Lower Resists and Conviction can break immunities.
>
> However, after breaking the immunity, you should note that all your
> -resists gear would work as normal... meaning that if you break an
> immunity then the -25% from Trang's, -40% from DeathsWeb (not
> boneshade), any facets would make it -65%. In other words, get that
> immunity broken and you are home free.
>
> I believe there are SOME unbreakable poison immunes, but not many.

Thank you!!

short

"short" <shorts@zoominternet.net> wrote in message news:<39dseiF5u93toU1@individual.net>...
> "chaliban" <chaliban@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > short wrote:
> > > "Brian Brunner" <brian.brunner@verizon.net.prophet> wrote in message

<snip>

> Thank you!!

Not a problem. I actually gave up on my SP Poison Nec, so I would be
very interested in how you go. Getting to 30 for nova was a pain
because I hated Poison Dagger. To those Stabomancers out there, you
have my utmost respect.

Bramble, Death's Web, 3 part Trangs (gloves, belt, wing), +3 P&B helm
and ammy. That would do a pretty good job. That's 6000+ dmg/2 secs
(conservative), which doesnt include any -poison dmg effects. So you
are probably looking at about 5000+ damage per sec.

I know a guy who wore Full Trang's and used Death's Web with some
facets thrown in some places. It's not optimal but it can certainly
do the job in Hell Players 8. He was killing things a lot faster than
my Trapper or my Orb Sorc.

If you can't get a Death's Web, I would suggest you don't go with
Blackbogs whcih many people do. Try and find a +3 Poison Nova wand,
and make a "white" out of it.

Let us all know how it goes.

"~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz> wrote in message
> short wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > Hehe, yeah right :)
> > I will probably be making an Obedience Stick though.
>
> Obedience rocks! I'm currently spending a lot of time looking for another
5
> socket thresher, *preferably* ethereal. Now if you could find me one of
> those I'd swap you for the two poison Rainbow Facets I have on a mule. One
> level, one die.

Thanks for the heads up, I knew I was holding that 5 socket eth thresher for
a reason, and now you have given it to me. Not to trade but to make another
merc stick. Found mine on the ground near hell radament, if that helps in
finding a sweet spot that can drop one.

If you believe that the same monster killed in the same spot will drop the
same item.

"~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz> wrote in message
> short wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > Hehe, yeah right :)
> > I will probably be making an Obedience Stick though.
>
> Obedience rocks! I'm currently spending a lot of time looking for another
5
> socket thresher, *preferably* ethereal. Now if you could find me one of
> those I'd swap you for the two poison Rainbow Facets I have on a mule. One
> level, one die.
> --
> ~misfit~

I have a plain thresher, so you'd have to use the Cube Recipe to shoot for
5...

short - but he's way down on my list atm