realm down / checking versions / connecting through router

Last response: in Video Games
Share
March 11, 2005 12:51:22 AM

HELP!

Trying to do some light muling between characters on battlenet, and having a
hell of a time trying to get two computers to play at once...

I can generally get one computer to battle net (sometimes requires shutting
down router, sometimes cable modem), but if the other computer doesn't get
stuck on "checking versions", it almost invariably gets a realm down.

Ideas?

Thanks.

Michael
Anonymous
March 12, 2005 3:04:39 AM

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005, "Michael" wrote:

>> HELP!
>>
>> Trying to do some light muling between characters on battlenet, and having a
>> hell of a time trying to get two computers to play at once...
>>
>> I can generally get one computer to battle net (sometimes requires shutting
>> down router, sometimes cable modem), but if the other computer doesn't get
>> stuck on "checking versions", it almost invariably gets a realm down.

I have that on my system for a while (4 computers one router one DSL
modem) the "Connecting to the Slowest System" screen was annoying.

The answer was in my router configuration, a "special applications"
page, which restricted the critical ports to 1 machine at a time. When
I enabled this, thinking it part of good firewalling, the trouble
started. Upon disabling this again, life was good again.

--

USEast HC Ladder: Rockstomper