briank

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2004

Had a long lunch break today, so I decided to pop off a few Meph runs.

On run 2, I got mobbed on the way down to D3 and wouldn't you know it... one
of the non-champ, non-boss, non-minion critters dropped a Lo, which I almost
mistook for an Io and left on the ground.

Highest 1.10 rune drop ever for me.

Any suggestions on what I should build/make with it?

BrianK

"BrianK" <nospamthanks@nospam.net> wrote in message
> Had a long lunch break today, so I decided to pop off a few Meph runs.
>
> On run 2, I got mobbed on the way down to D3 and wouldn't you know it...
one
> of the non-champ, non-boss, non-minion critters dropped a Lo, which I
almost
> mistook for an Io and left on the ground.
>
> Highest 1.10 rune drop ever for me.
>
> Any suggestions on what I should build/make with it?
>
> BrianK

Hiya BK that is you right the one I played us west hc with? just checking as
there seems to be two Bk's around ^^
Either way condrags on the rune find.

*ponok
us west hc ladder

briank

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2004

> A friend? I'm on US West SC Ladder.......
>
> :)
> --
> ~misfit~

Heh, WHCL... sorry. And add a 5 skt eth Runemaster axe to the bunch.. might
have to stay home and MF tonight.

briank

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2004

Hey P, yeah it's me. Started playing a little on dial-up, and my new place
should have broadband.

Whatcha up to? Want a Lo?

> Hey P, yeah it's me. Started playing a little on dial-up, and my new place
> should have broadband.
>

> Whatcha up to? Want a Lo?

Nty, well I dont think I do anyway hehe, I have been playing WoW for quite
some time now. I have been keeping all the accounts under my care active
though. Let me know if your after anything.

*ponok

BrianK schrieb:
> Had a long lunch break today, so I decided to pop off a few Meph runs.
>
> On run 2, I got mobbed on the way down to D3 and wouldn't you know it... one
> of the non-champ, non-boss, non-minion critters dropped a Lo, which I almost
> mistook for an Io and left on the ground.
>
> Highest 1.10 rune drop ever for me.
>
> Any suggestions on what I should build/make with it?

Grief in a Phase Blade, for a Smiter, no doubt.

---
Hannes

briank

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2004

I remember reading that the +damage on grief (and some pally sticks) carries
over to smite and (iirc) even skips the PvP reduction, so it sounds
interesting.

Never made one though, have a quick and dirty guide to skills/equipment?

Thanks, BK

> Grief in a Phase Blade, for a Smiter, no doubt.
>
> ---
> Hannes

I think it was "BrianK" <nospamthanks@nospam.net> that wrote something
like...

>> Grief in a Phase Blade, for a Smiter, no doubt.
>>
>> ---
>> Hannes
>
>I remember reading that the +damage on grief (and some pally sticks) carries
>over to smite and (iirc) even skips the PvP reduction, so it sounds
>interesting.
>
>Never made one though, have a quick and dirty guide to skills/equipment?
>
>Thanks, BK

*REPOST*

**me**:
> Well, I've got a Grief, Ravenfrost and Draculs, so what's an ideal
> point distribution for such a paladin? I may very well make one for
> myself. : )

**Shiflet**:
2 setups:

Standard PvM zealot/PvP smite/charger hybrid:
20 Fana
20 Smite
20 Holy Shield
20 Sacrifice
at least 1 zeal(HoZ will put you at 5, which is sufficient)
at least 1 in Vigor and all pre-reqs
rest in Zeal(for more effective PvM) and/or Charge(for more effective
PvP)

Primary PvP version:
20 Fana
20 Smite
20 Holy Shield
20 Charge
at least 1 Zeal
at least 1 in Vigor and all pre-reqs rest in Sacrifice(for those times
when you do go for a little PvM) or Vigor(to boost Charge)

For both versions, 1 in Salvation is optional, but can be very useful
against FoHers, Cold Sorcs, and any elemental character with a Lower
Resist wand on switch.

Stats are the same in both version, enough strength for gear, dex to
maintain 75% block, base energy, rest in vita. You'll also want to
make sure you have at least 48% FHR(if you can, get 86, it's the last
breakpoint, but it's a bit tougher to reach) and max resists, and
you'll probably want 25% DR or more as well. For melee duels, keep Run
turned off.

The "ideal" setup for this type of pally is:
CoA(usually socketed with Ber/Ber or Ber/Cham so you don't need the
Ravenfrost, or Ber/Shael)
Grief phase blade or zerker
upped Um/p diamond HoZ or Exile in an elite pally shield with resist
all
Fortitude or CoH
Dracul's
Gore Riders
Highlords Wrath
Verdungos
BK ring+Ravenfrost or if using Cham'ed CoA, BK Ring x2 or BK ring+rare
ring with resists/stats/whatever

You have the weapon and gloves, but here's some alternate options for
other gear:
Helm-Harly Crest, Andy's Visage
Armor-Duress, Guardian Angel
Shield-non upped HoZ, godly rare +2 skills elite pally shield
Belt-SoE, TGods
Boots-Godly rares with 30% fast run, FHR, resists, stats
Ammy:Atma's

Ashen Shugar
The moon by day, and the sun by night.
Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
Let the Lord of Chaos rule!

"BrianK" <nospamthanks@nospam.net> wrote in message
> Had a long lunch break today, so I decided to pop off a few Meph runs.
>
> On run 2, I got mobbed on the way down to D3 and wouldn't you know it...
> one of the non-champ, non-boss, non-minion critters dropped a Lo, which I
> almost mistook for an Io and left on the ground.
>
> Highest 1.10 rune drop ever for me.
>
> Any suggestions on what I should build/make with it?
>
> BrianK

My god man. You leave Ios laying around on the ground. I want to play with
you!

-Steve

briank

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2004

I'll leave an Io behind when it means TPing back into a room with
Fanatacized Dolls and Crushers... For a Lo, I'll make the effort :)

BK