When will we see a 9700 version of All-In-Wonder?

barryg

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2002
I am about to build a new pc that I will use for some amateur video editing among other things. The ATI Radeon 8500 All-In-Wonder seems like the best compromise between standard features, video in/out/editing capability and price. But now ATI has introduced their new VPU, the 9700 series, and they haven’t announced any timeline for the All-In-Wonder board. Anyone have any idea when we might see an upgrade to this product? Does anyone have any opinion regarding the choice of this board?

Thanks,
Barry

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The AIW version will probably be a 9500, AIW's are clocked lower for several reasons, one being that the TV tuner makes cooling more difficult.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

barryg

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2002
Thanks for the reply. Any idea (given the typical evolution of ATI products) when ATI might ship a '9500' All-In-Wonder?

Thanks again,
Barry

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Typically 3 to 4 months, maybe a little longer this time since the Radeon 8500 is such a good product for that market.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Cool, I've seen the OEM "white boxed" 64MB version "Made by ATI" for $169 at Newegg.