Help Me quick!!!

jaythaman

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002
hey guys well i'm about to leave to buy some new games so i need a quick reply on the best new game. They can be of any genre FPS RTS SPORTS SIMLUATION anything. They need not be new but good something that can keep me involved for about a months plz co operate thanx for your time.

My computer NEVER cras...DOH!.

dhlucke

Polypheme
A game to keep you occupied for a month? Hmmm....

I'd go with something like Neverwinter Nights. I'm currently all over Jedi Knight II, but there's no way that game will last a month.

<font color=red>
<A HREF="http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/ApJ/" target="_new">Forum Assassin</A></font color=red>

dhlucke

Polypheme
Black and White is another game that will keep you involved. Or the sims with all the expansion packs.

Depends on what you like.

<font color=red>
<A HREF="http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/ApJ/" target="_new">Forum Assassin</A></font color=red>

jaythaman

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002
Nope already outplayed Neverwinternights and i hate anything associated with star wars no offence thanx for your time.
oh and to spare all your time i've already played UT2003,Mafia,GTA3,NFS HP2,

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
Grand Theft Auto Vice City, GT: A-Spec, FF X, FF X-2, Socom: US Navy SEALS, Xenosaga, and Madden 2003.

Note, these are PS 2 games =)

Disregard my previous post.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by StIcK_e_MoUsE on 01/03/03 01:05 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Esso

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2001
if you've got money, play 'earth & beyond' it will keep yourself occupied forever!

if not, try battlefield 1942, it's an addictive multiplayer game. Warcraft 3 always fun, but nothing will ever top Total Annihilation!
if you have a game cube, play super smash bros. with 3 other friends.
if you have an xbox, shoot yourself.

Esso

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2001
What about
Hitman 2
Microsoft rally sport challenge
NHL 2003
Hegemonia
Nightfie (james bond)
NOLF2
Rally Trophy
Freedom Force
Sudden Strike 2
Moonbase commander

Other games:
(old but fun)
Undying
Return to Castle Wolfenstien
Deus ex (never really liked this one though)
Tribes 2 (peaked my interest before it was release)
The Thing (bad movie, 'ok' game)
Red Faction
SOF2
MOHAA (and exp.)
Empire Earth
Ages of Empires
Collin McRea's Rally 2

If you've played/finished all these games then you really need to get a life (or just quit playing them on the "easy" difficutly setting, lol.

the_Prisoner

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2002
Try an online Role Playing Games. They could keep you involved for years. Something like Asheron Calls 2 and etc.

Plenty of good older games for cheap too. Thief 1 and 2, System Shock 2, American Mcgee's Alice, Baldurs Gate, Fallout 1 and 2, Nolf 1 and 2, Tribes 1 and 2, all the Half life mods, Medal of Honor and etc...

the Prisoner

I'm not a number, I'm a free man! :mad:

BigBiggist

Distinguished
May 17, 2002
Here are some suggestions. Hegemonia: Legions of Iron is a really cool game, especially with the graphics. The voice acting is corny as hell but it keeps you very occupied for awhile. Its like a mix between Homeworld and the old Star Wars Rebellion or Star Trek Birth of the Federation games.

Mechwarrior 4 Mercenaries is a great game. You have to play it on the harder settings to remain occupied with it, otherwise its way too easy. Its just like the old Mercenaries game, just better graphics and more voice chatter.

Medieval: Total War is actually one of the best stragety games i have ever played. It lacks in the empire management but the fact that you can command large armies and kick some major butt is really cool. It has historical campaigns and battles like the 100 years war and Stirling Bridge with good ol' William Wallace. I bought this game a couple of months ago and i am still playin it on a regular basis.

Others i liked are Nolf2, MOHAA, RTCW, Neverwinter Nights and BF 1942. Games that should keep us gamers occupied for awhile(When they finally come out) are Splinter Cell, DooM III, Raven Shield, C&C: Generals and CS:CZ. Hope this helps some, you probably already have your games though :wink:

jaythaman

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002
Thanx for the replies. Nope i havent bought em yet coz i didnt get any suggestions when i left. And hey i always play on the hard setting ... its just that i have the cheat codes on ;D. thanx anyway and hey keep the suggestions coming

Pettytheft

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2001
Morrowind, there is not a longer more in depth game out there. Almost unlimited playability in single player mode, it'll take you the better part of a day learn how to play it and at least a week to master it. And if you haven't try picking up the first Baldurs Gate series, I still feel that it was better than Neverwinter Nights.

Happy Gaming!

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

HolyShiznit

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2002
Morrowind is awesome, as long as you have the system to run it well, and www.gamefaqs.com bookmarked for any questions you have about quests.

<font color=blue>
--------------------------------------------------
Guns kill people just like spoons make Rosie O'Donnell fat.
<font color=blue>