Sign in with
Your question

Mac istalling on pc

Last response: in Mac Os X
August 14, 2011 2:38:38 PM

Hello, everyone please tell me how to install mac OS on my windows PC, i want to format entirely and install only mac as my OS, can u please help me ? Salman, salmans007@yahoo.com

More about : mac istalling

August 15, 2011 7:20:00 PM

We cannot because even if you legally purchased a Mac OSX disc you will be violating Apple's license for OSX whcih states that it can only be installed on Apple hardware.

Anyway, if a person really wanted to do it the information is easy to find online, but you must have certain hardware and you will probably not be able to load updates from Apple to keep the system secure.
m
l
August 16, 2011 5:34:18 AM

"We cannot because even if you legally purchased a Mac OSX disc you will be violating Apple's license for OSX which states that it can only be installed on Apple hardware."
I didn't know they had a license issue with hardware!!!Apple should calm down.Things like these make me use linux more and more everyday.:p 
m
l
Related resources
August 16, 2011 8:03:10 PM

yimmi said:
I didn't know they had a license issue with hardware!!!Apple should calm down.Things like these make me use linux more and more everyday.:p 

That is the point: Apple is a hardware company, not a software company. They have run all clone companies out of business. They also do not want to directly compete with Microsoft because they still depend on them for Office. And they crippled the Open Darwin project which was making progress to support more PC hardware.
m
l
August 28, 2011 7:55:49 AM

if you really want more info on this subject go to tonymacx86.com
m
l
!