Town Portal in LOD

Last response: in Video Games
March 13, 2005 9:47:57 AM

I'm playing Diablo II with LOD expansion. If I cast a Town Portal and
then get killed my TP dies with me. I've seen a reference on another
forum to the effect that the TP should survive. Am I reading this
right, or doing something very wrong?
-
Peter James
Remove AT to reply

P F James

More about : town portal lod

Anonymous
March 13, 2005 10:48:20 AM

Peter James wrote:
> I'm playing Diablo II with LOD expansion. If I cast a Town Portal and
> then get killed my TP dies with me. I've seen a reference on another
> forum to the effect that the TP should survive. Am I reading this
> right, or doing something very wrong?
> -
> Peter James
> Remove AT to reply
>
> P F James

If you die or leave the game, so does any TP you've cast. Portals you've
opened from portal shrines stay open, however.

So, what you see and read is correct.

--
chainbreaker
Anonymous

chainbreaker wrote:
> Peter James wrote:
>
>>I'm playing Diablo II with LOD expansion. If I cast a Town Portal and
>>then get killed my TP dies with me. I've seen a reference on another
>>forum to the effect that the TP should survive. Am I reading this
>>right, or doing something very wrong?
>>-
>>Peter James
>>Remove AT to reply
>>
>>P F James
>

> If you die or leave the game, so does any TP you've cast. Portals you've
> opened from portal shrines stay open, however.
>
> So, what you see and read is correct.

Dosent the tp stay if you die? It only goes away if you quit the game.
If you die and just hit esc and return to the game the tp should still
be there.
Anonymous
March 13, 2005 1:08:57 PM

sidekick wrote:
> chainbreaker wrote:
>> Peter James wrote:
>>
>>> I'm playing Diablo II with LOD expansion. If I cast a Town Portal
>>> and then get killed my TP dies with me. I've seen a reference on
>>> another forum to the effect that the TP should survive. Am I
>>> reading this right, or doing something very wrong?
>>> -
>>> Peter James
>>> Remove AT to reply
>>>
>>> P F James
>>

>> If you die or leave the game, so does any TP you've cast. Portals
>> you've opened from portal shrines stay open, however.
>>
>> So, what you see and read is correct.
>>

> Dosent the tp stay if you die? It only goes away if you quit the
> game. If you die and just hit esc and return to the game the tp
> should still be there.

Heh, since I only play HC, when I die I *have* left the game, so that's that
coming through. :-)

It's been so long since I've played SC, I don't really remember.

Let me amend my earlier response with the preface "In Hardcore, . . . " :-)
--
chainbreaker
Anonymous

"Peter James" <pfjames@clara.co.uk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I'm playing Diablo II with LOD expansion. If I cast a Town Portal and
> then get killed my TP dies with me. I've seen a reference on another
> forum to the effect that the TP should survive. Am I reading this
> right, or doing something very wrong?
> -
> Peter James
> Remove AT to reply
>
> P F James

There are only 3 options on when you TP disappears:

- you leave the game
- you go back through you own TP from town to whereever it leads
- you are in town and hostile another player

Walt

--
-------------
Europe SC non-ladder

Peter James wrote:
> I'm playing Diablo II with LOD expansion. If I cast a Town Portal and
> then get killed my TP dies with me. I've seen a reference on another
> forum to the effect that the TP should survive. Am I reading this
> right, or doing something very wrong?
> -
> Peter James
> Remove AT to reply
>
> P F James

Are you by any chance seeing this on the Ancient's (Act V) quest? TPs
don't stay if you activate the ancients. Similarly, the ancients get
re-frozen if you TP out once they're activated.

--
Help fight spam by "educating" the lax, zombie-hosting ISPs:
http://pages.infinit.net/filmore/educateYourISP.htm

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 12:12:34 -0500, Cris Fuhrman
<filmore@bigSANS_SPAMfoot.com> wrote:

>snipped
>Are you by any chance seeing this on the Ancient's (Act V) quest? TPs
>don't stay if you activate the ancients. Similarly, the ancients get
>re-frozen if you TP out once they're activated.
I'm casting a TP before entering Durriels Tomb. When I get killed and
end up back at the town I find the TP has died with me. and yet I am
told that the TP should still be live to enable me to get back to
Durriells Tomb. I am very confused by this. Mindy you, Diablo leaves
me confused most days.
-
Peter James
Remove AT to reply

P F James
Anonymous
March 16, 2005 12:57:16 PM

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 09:57:15 +0000, Peter James <pfjames@clara.co.uk>
wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 12:12:34 -0500, Cris Fuhrman
> <filmore@bigSANS_SPAMfoot.com> wrote:
>
>> snipped
>> Are you by any chance seeing this on the Ancient's (Act V) quest? TPs
>> don't stay if you activate the ancients. Similarly, the ancients get
>> re-frozen if you TP out once they're activated.
> I'm casting a TP before entering Durriels Tomb. When I get killed and
> end up back at the town I find the TP has died with me. and yet I am
> told that the TP should still be live to enable me to get back to
> Durriells Tomb. I am very confused by this. Mindy you, Diablo leaves
> me confused most days.

I bleeb that once you go in there, you can't get back out through the
entrance. You should be casting that TP *after* you enter the tomb. :-)
And when you see your life dwindling, use it to go heal up and get your
head straight. Then go back down, throw another TP, and work on him some
more. Don't wait until you die to use the portal. Good luck :-)

--
freemont
Anonymous

Freemont wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 09:57:15 +0000, Peter James <pfjames@clara.co.uk>
> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 12:12:34 -0500, Cris Fuhrman
>> <filmore@bigSANS_SPAMfoot.com> wrote:
>>
>>> snipped
>>> Are you by any chance seeing this on the Ancient's (Act V) quest? TPs
>>> don't stay if you activate the ancients. Similarly, the ancients get
>>> re-frozen if you TP out once they're activated.
>>
>> I'm casting a TP before entering Durriels Tomb. When I get killed and
>> end up back at the town I find the TP has died with me. and yet I am
>> told that the TP should still be live to enable me to get back to
>> Durriells Tomb. I am very confused by this. Mindy you, Diablo leaves
>> me confused most days.
>

> I bleeb that once you go in there, you can't get back out through the
> entrance. You should be casting that TP *after* you enter the tomb. :-)
> And when you see your life dwindling, use it to go heal up and get your
> head straight. Then go back down, throw another TP, and work on him
> some more. Don't wait until you die to use the portal. Good luck :-)

I used the same method as peter, casting the tp in the room before
seeing Durriel. Then when killed I would simply return and enter when I
was ready. Peter, make sure that you are not quiting the game before
you return. After you are killed hit the esc key, that should return
your nekked char to town, and the tp SHOULD still be there.
!