HankMurphy

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2002
Most of the new motherboards I've looked at have no on-board video, and include an AGP slot. The AGP slot invariably points at an area in the case where there is no opening. Other than getting out the Sawzall and Dremel tools, does anyone make an extender cable to move the HD15 connector to an available slot opening? Or does anyone make 6" video extender cables?

I imagine this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it.

Thanks in advance,

Hank Murphy

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
go on... use the dremel... use the oversized metal cutters... i know you want to :lol:
it will make you feel good too! :smile:

<b>MegaHertz Matters! ... But not without Cache our a decent chipset!!! :cool: </b>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Not true. Normally a board with no AGP slot will have a PCI slot in that location. Most ATX boards with onboard audio are in the Micro ATX form factor, which uses four slots on the case (but the boards will fit in larger cases as well). If your case is ATX and has four slots, you're golden.

A few non-ATX propriatary boards that were based on ATX had that location blocked out, but this was by far not a common practice.

What machine is this (don't say Compaq with three slots please).

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>