BO

Distinguished
May 17, 2004

Heya everyone,

Have been a single player for a while now and enjoy this newsgroup a lott,
learned a lott off you posters here.
Recently trying multiplayer, but keep getting bad connections, can't pick up
(or slowly) items, keep dissappearing and returning a distance back,
sometimes half of my field is black.
Is this because my internet connection is 2 slow? 1,6 Mbps
or is there an other reason?

thanks for learning me how to enjoy d2.

keith

D2LOD can be run off 56k modem but you will get lags
occasionally and the blackwalls.Since you have 1.6 Mbps
you should not have any problem at all and any you do
should be server side.Make sure your not running a filesharing
program and press Alt+Ctrl+Del if your on XP to bring up task
manager then click networking tab and D2LOD should be bearly
using about 2% of your bandwidth if its a lot more than this
then something else is using your bandwidth.

bo wrote:
> Heya everyone,
>
> Have been a single player for a while now and enjoy this newsgroup a
> lott, learned a lott off you posters here.
> Recently trying multiplayer, but keep getting bad connections, can't
> pick up (or slowly) items, keep dissappearing and returning a
> distance back, sometimes half of my field is black.
> Is this because my internet connection is 2 slow? 1,6 Mbps
> or is there an other reason?
>
> thanks for learning me how to enjoy d2.

If you've not shopped around for realms, maybe you can do that and get
better pings--ingame the command is "/fps" without the quotes, in case you
didn't know. Your connection, as others say, should be fast enough, but
there can be significant connection differences between realms.

And make sure you're not running anything in the background--might want to
get AdAware or some other prog like that and run it to make sure you don't
have a lot of that kind of spyware-type junk hogging your connection, too.

--
chainbreaker

bo wrote:
> Heya everyone,
>
> Have been a single player for a while now and enjoy this newsgroup
> a lott, learned a lott off you posters here.
> Recently trying multiplayer, but keep getting bad connections,
> can't pick up (or slowly) items, keep dissappearing and returning a
> distance back, sometimes half of my field is black.

Are you playing multiplayer as in TCP/IP games, Open Battlenet or
Closed Battlenet? If on Closed, which realm did you choose?

> Is this because my internet connection is 2 slow? 1,6 Mbps
> or is there an other reason?

As keith said, 56k is usually enough.

--
AGD2 FAQ: http://www.gunde.de/diablo2/agd2faq.html

BO

Distinguished
May 17, 2004

Thank you all for the answers....
I am a real newby in onlinegaming so i wil just have to figure things out
by trying different settings etc.

I'll keep you posted when things work out....or not :-(

bo