HELP: Diag lights on a GX270

Anyone know what a amber "B" lights indicates. I've looked it up online but
don't see anything related to just the B light.

The PC runs fine then ths video seems to go out of sync and the system
freezes. At that point the "B" light is yellow.

Any ideas before I email support?

--

Rob
4 answers Last reply

    "Robert R Kircher, Jr." <rrkircher@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Anyone know what a amber "B" lights indicates. I've looked it up online
    > but don't see anything related to just the B light.
    >
    > The PC runs fine then ths video seems to go out of sync and the system
    > freezes. At that point the "B" light is yellow.
    >
    > Any ideas before I email support?
    >
    > --
    >
    > Rob

    If memory serves me correctly (it's been a while), it's pointing towards a
    PCI or PCI riser card. Pull them and see if the problem goes away.

    Stew

    "S.Lewis" <stew1960@mail.com> wrote in message

    > "Robert R Kircher, Jr." <rrkircher@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Anyone know what a amber "B" lights indicates. I've looked it up online
    >> but don't see anything related to just the B light.
    >>
    >> The PC runs fine then ths video seems to go out of sync and the system
    >> freezes. At that point the "B" light is yellow.
    >>
    >> Any ideas before I email support?
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Rob
    >>

    > If memory serves me correctly (it's been a while), it's pointing towards a
    > PCI or PCI riser card. Pull them and see if the problem goes away.

    Thought so too but there aren't any in the PC. It's a SFF case. I have it
    home with me and on my bench now I'll look at it later tonight. I'm
    thinking it uses shared mem for video so I'll start by swapping memory and
    see if I can pin it down from there.

    --

    Rob

    > "S.Lewis" <stew1960@mail.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Robert R Kircher, Jr." <rrkircher@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> Anyone know what a amber "B" lights indicates. I've looked it up online
    >>> but don't see anything related to just the B light.
    >>>
    >>> The PC runs fine then ths video seems to go out of sync and the system
    >>> freezes. At that point the "B" light is yellow.
    >>>
    >>> Any ideas before I email support?
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>>
    >>> Rob
    >>>

    >> If memory serves me correctly (it's been a while), it's pointing towards
    >> a PCI or PCI riser card. Pull them and see if the problem goes away.
    >>

    > Thought so too but there aren't any in the PC. It's a SFF case. I have
    > it home with me and on my bench now I'll look at it later tonight. I'm
    > thinking it uses shared mem for video so I'll start by swapping memory and
    > see if I can pin it down from there.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Rob

    Rob,

    Even if it's SFF, it should still use a PCI riser card. Try removing it as
    well. The entire bus could be hosed (hope not).

    But, given the video issues, you're spot on to try swapping the RAM, imo...

    Stew

    GX270's are known for capacitor failure on the motherboard. Not sure
    if this is related to your problem. Unfortunately I just threw out
    the article regarding this issue.

    Dan

    On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 16:51:13 -0400, "Robert R Kircher, Jr."
    <rrkircher@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Anyone know what a amber "B" lights indicates. I've looked it up online but
    >don't see anything related to just the B light.
    >
    >The PC runs fine then ths video seems to go out of sync and the system
    >freezes. At that point the "B" light is yellow.
    >
    >Any ideas before I email support?

Dell Light Computers