Radeon 9700 pro and Flight sims

Hello, I was impressed with this new graphics card, the numbers, and all the hype...
I have a geforce 4 ti4600 in a p4 2.4b
The fact is that I usually dont play the games are used to benchmark this graphics cards like fps, and the standard 3dmark benchmarks neither say anything to me.
Actually, I like flight sims like falcon4 flight simulator, etc...
In this kind of games, I have the experience ALL graphics cards are unable to reach my expectations when I turn on 2X FSAA and anisotropic filtering, including my geforce 4.
My question is: Do you think the 9700 will do something to this ?? I know this kind of games are very cpu dependant, but with my cpu I am sure its enough to play nowadays sims... The only thing I want to a graphics card is that can keep up with the cpu and dont drop framerates when I apply fsaa at only 2x and anisotropic filtering at 1024x768

My question: do you think the new radeon will boost my fps in this flight simulators and play fsaa well, or is only a cpu related issue and it wont make a difference beetween my geforce4 in terms of frames per second?
Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about radeon 9700 flight sims
  1. When FSAA is turned on, its the VGA card issue not the cpu. Radeon 9700 pro will be better for FSAA...check this page:
    http://www17.tomshardware.com/graphic/02q3/020819/radeon9700-19.html
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Sims Graphics