Wanna Radeon 9700...

Anybody know a store in the US that ships to Europe (specifically the UK) that is good value...

ie I want a Radeon 9700 but god knows when they will go on sale over here...

There are no stupid questions... just lots of inquisitive idiots...
19 answers Last reply
More about wanna radeon 9700
  1. I'm checking this too, will post if I find anything. We might be waiting at least 4 weeks for it to reach Europe.

:eek: I fart in the face of normality :eek:
  2. www.buy.com

real philosophy of life: "do onto others what you dont want them do onto you"
  3. I live in Finland and here the only card I found here (already, might be pre-order) is about 540$, so I too need the info. I spoke to the sales-manager of Hercules and he said they´ll be launching with the 9700Pro 128 MB probably before october. The "standard" version will come out later.
    But asking us europeans to wait `til october... let´s keep our thumbs up.

<font color=red>I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I´m all out of bubblegum...</font color=red><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Ghostdog on 08/24/02 00:25 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
  4. Please! I need that info, too! I'm from Turkey and we have here NO ATi's! :mad: just all the nVidia's.

<b>Before getting angry to the (d)evil, just think about who CREATED it!</b> :mad:
  5. Had a look @ buy.com, B4 shipping & taxes £244 gbp, after to the UK;

Subtotal $371.95
    Shipping $37.11
    Customs Duties/Taxes $84.83
    Total $493.89 (£325 GBP)

... draw your own conclusions...
    how much is it likely to cost over here, is the hassle worth it ???

--------------------------------------------------
    oh, wire transfers only ($6 charge), min order $500
    --------------------------------------------------
    There are no stupid questions... just lots of inquisitive idiots...<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by marneus on 08/27/02 02:08 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
  6. Yeah I was thinking about buy.com too. That 500$ min. sort of kills it.

<font color=red>I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I´m all out of bubblegum...</font color=red>
  7. espesh when I was 7 dollars off the $500-mark!!!

8. Sheesh, $84 taxes/duties huh? And whatever happened to free trade?

<i>Past mistakes may make you look stupid, but avoiding future ones will make you look smart!</i>
  9. The european union, thats what happened.

<font color=red>I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I´m all out of bubblegum...</font color=red>
  10. Wahey, komplett website lists the Radeon 9700Pro from Hercules at £297GBP... unfortunately it lists ETA as 14/10/02...

11. Overclockers.co.uk are aiming to have Sapphire's version of the 9700 Pro in next week, priced at £299 including VAT.
  12. What kind of a manufacturer is Sapphire? Good? Bad?
    What about Hercules-oppinions?
    At least a few years back their cards were pretty kickin´

13. Sapphire's 9000 Pro benchmarked identically to ATI's own version and its 9700 Pro has the same specification as the ATI built cards, so there shouldn't be any performance loss.

Hercules are pretty good, but it seems their card will cost more and arrive later. If you want a 9700 ASAP, then Sapphire is the way to go.
  14. Ebuyer has it listed as well now, eta 10 days for a bit more cash...

Sapphire Radeon 9700Pro 128Mb DDR DVI AGP TV-Out White Boxed

£272.40exc VAT, £320.07 inc VAT

15. If i buy it with VAT it´s more expensive the OCers deal, with VAT it´s 332£

16. I just have to say DAMN I want one of those vid cards. Ive got an 8500 128. ATI boasts over 10000 scores on 3DMark2001 with a 9700. Anyone out there already have one? Tell me whats up.
  17. Pffff... 10000 3D MArks, I've seen them do easily 15K+ on a good system.

<i>Past mistakes may make you look stupid, but avoiding future ones will make you look smart!</i>
  18. I am sure there will be better deals going on, as long as I can get a good deal on a 9700 by end of this month (at the latest, this week would do me), I will B happy...

no-one shouts louder than someone who is being ignored, or in the case of techies, to be heard over the noise of their PC's ;-)
  19. 10 000 should be a decent prophecy if your processor and memory are a few months old.

Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Internet Explorer Radeon Graphics Product