eb

Ok, I'm at work and I'm bored :)
I'm just curious about the current folks likes and dislikes on D2 right now.
I'm pretty sure I'm a bit hardcore about D2 right now because, out of all
the dozens of games I play,
D2 is the only one I play on a weekly basis right now.
No, this isn't a "what other game you play" poll. Because to be honest,
there is NO way I can invest time into another game right now.
Other than "Alice", "Myth I, II, III" or Dungeon Master (blast from the
past..LOL) I just don't have the time.
I've been playing D2 since it came out, but I've have yet to play all the
characters.
What I want to know is this:

1. What is your favorite Character NOW
2. What was your first character
3. What is your least favorite
4. What was your least favorite, but you grew to like?
5. What Character you like, but can't seem to get a handle on?
6. Experiment build

Mine:

1. Werewolf Druid
2. Bowzon
3. Tied Barb/Assasin (i've actually created a MA Assasin, but never develped
her, I have one as a mule)
4. Necro, but created a few like Poison and Golemancers
5. Paladins, love them to death, but just can't seem to get them right
6. Ranger/Element Druid... don't why but I love this guy. I've gotten him to
Baal runs in NM

I want to hear the regulars opinion on a build I'd never thought to build.

EB wrote:
> Ok, I'm at work and I'm bored :)

So am I, here goes.

> 1. What is your favorite Character NOW

Sorceress. I've also played since the inception of Diablo 1, I played
all the characters when D2 came out, but I just keep remaking my
sorcies. The result has been 4 accounts with at least 2 90+, and 3 80+
sorcies on each one. I have the most fun with sorcies.

> 2. What was your first character

Barbarian. A whirlwind, axe mastery, sword mastery, jack of all
trades. This Jack died alot.

> 3. What is your least favorite

Druid. I'm completely ignorant about druids. Hence my answer.

> 4. What was your least favorite, but you grew to like?

Assasin. I still never play them though.

> 5. What Character you like, but can't seem to get a handle on?

Necromancer. I've always loved the summoner, but was always afraid of
the bonemancers o_O.

> 6. Experiment build

Right now I've got a dual novist sorcie in the works. Probably one of
the most fun I've built. Here's what her stats will end up like:

Lightning:
20 Nova
1 Charged bolt
1 Lightning
1 Chain Lightning
1 Telekenesis
1 Teleport
1 Energy shield
20 Lightning Mastery

Cold:
20 Frost Nova
1 Ice bolt
1 Glacial Spike
1 Ice Blast
20 Blizzard
20 Frozen Orb
- rest to go into Cold Mastery

Major Items:
15/15/11 Nova Ormus with 5/-5 light Die Facet
Perfect Lightning Mang Song Staff (only -8% cold resist, but I figure
cold mastery takes care of the rest, which IT DOES :)
-25/19 Griffons
5 Light GC's
5 Cold GC's
The rest are FHR sc's with 11% resist to break 5fps FHR and max my
resists.

She does VERY well in duels and absolutely conquers in PVM. It's hard
to absorb her, unless you're stocked with full Lightning and Cold
absorb. Even so, I've hired an A3 merc (Fire) to take care of what I
can't. A3 merc's do NOT do well in duels. This one is only good cause
I've equipped him with eth facet monarch, HOJ, Shako, 19% Fire Ormus
(firebolt, I need fireball :-(

The only downside is that she's weak. One or two melee hits and it's
over. But rarely do they charge after you have them locked in a Nova
frenzy. Most retreat, except for NPC monsters, which most don't have
the FHR to make it to you.

I've also done a bit of studying on the A3 mercs. A friend and I did
some experiments with all three of them. The fire merc came out doing
the most damage, but the lightning merc makes for the best distraction
when dueling. The combination of slow moving charged bolts and
lightning makes for an uncomfortable duel for the other person, because
we all know how much damage lightning can do coming from a sorc with
max synergies, and everyone runs from charged bolt, if not just to
dodge it. Plus it looks secksy as you tele around enemies.

Anyhoo, that's my latest build...

"EB" <me@yahoo.cnospam> wrote in message
> Ok, I'm at work and I'm bored :)
> I'm just curious about the current folks likes and dislikes on D2 right
now.
> I'm pretty sure I'm a bit hardcore about D2 right now because, out of all
> the dozens of games I play,
> D2 is the only one I play on a weekly basis right now.
> No, this isn't a "what other game you play" poll. Because to be honest,
> there is NO way I can invest time into another game right now.
> Other than "Alice", "Myth I, II, III" or Dungeon Master (blast from the
> past..LOL) I just don't have the time.
> I've been playing D2 since it came out, but I've have yet to play all the
> characters.
> What I want to know is this:
>
> 1. What is your favorite Character NOW
> 2. What was your first character
> 3. What is your least favorite
> 4. What was your least favorite, but you grew to like?
> 5. What Character you like, but can't seem to get a handle on?
> 6. Experiment build
>
> Mine:

1. Axe Pally, 5k Zeal :)
2. Wow, that goes waaaaaaay back. It was a Paladin, all screwed up
3. Bowazon
4. Charged Strike Zon
5. Melee Mancer
6. Melee Mancer

short

> 1. What is your favorite Character NOW

Fireball/Nova Sorc (stuck in act3 hell ATM), mf-summoner necro, bonenecro
for pulling

> 2. What was your first character

Boner Necro

> 3. What is your least favorite

Any Babarian

> 4. What was your least favorite, but you grew to like?

melee Assassin, but they can be quite strong :eek:)

> 5. What Character you like, but can't seem to get a handle on?

Druid, havent found a good build yet. Wind is boring, Fireclaws are
challenging. Gonna rebuild that one.

> 6. Experiment build

Glasscannon zon in 1.10

Walt

--
-------------
Europe SC non-ladder

> 1. What is your favorite Character NOW
Sorc
There are a lot of possible build that differ much and she's got teleport. I
dedicated season two to her.

> 2. What was your first character
Paladin, with loads in prayer.

> 3. What is your least favorite
Druid
Actually I like all characters, but him a very little less.

> 4. What was your least favorite, but you grew to like?
Amazon, Assassin
The Amazon for the strafe skill, the Assassin the differing builds.

> 5. What Character you like, but can't seem to get a handle on?
Barb

> 6. Experiment build
LazyGirl, a TS/Hydra sorc
There's no need to do anything but to collect the falling stuff.

Rudi

> 1. What is your favorite Character NOW

My berserker barb, but the char(s) i play the most is my IK conc barb and
my skelliemancer

> 2. What was your first character

Thorns paladin back in the year 2000 about 3 weeks before d2 was released :)

> 3. What is your least favorite

Casting sorceress'

> 4. What was your least favorite, but you grew to like?

Melee enchantress

> 5. What Character you like, but can't seem to get a handle on?

Any barb that uses frenzy to speed up, i can't control them :)

> 6. Experiment build

Blade Fury, venom, blade shield assassin using full nat's set.

--
Sonni

Tora

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2004

> 1. What is your favorite Character NOW
Fana/zeal paladin

> 2. What was your first character
MA assassin back in 1.09

> 3. What is your least favorite
Druid (any kind)

> 4. What was your least favorite, but you grew to like?
Necro

> 5. What Character you like, but can't seem to get a handle on?
I like a MA assassin with full Nat's and have one, but she just cannot
handle hell (even with 5 skillers)

> 6. Experiment build
CL/FO sorc with tal's set, works fine

EB schrieb:
> 1. What is your favorite Character NOW

WWsin with Chaos claw. Just finished Hell with her (I might post about
that another day).

> 2. What was your first character

Uuuh, my very first SP D2 char? Can't remember, how many years ago D2
hit the shelves? My first online char was a Javazon. My one and only lvl
99 char (1.09).

> 3. What is your least favorite

Chargadin with 2 handed weapon. Looks quite good on paper, but virtually
impossible to play online with all the lag/desync.

> 4. What was your least favorite, but you grew to like?

WW builds. See above.

> 5. What Character you like, but can't seem to get a handle on?

Pure Blizzard sorc.

> 6. Experiment build

Low level solo HC chars. My last one (Smiter) died in Pindles garden
(Hell) at level 57. Actually, I had more strange chars in 1.09, like
Ranger, Hunter, melee Sorc, no vit Sorc, bow no vit Sorc and such.

---
Hannes

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 14:15:17 +0100, Hannes Brunner wrote:

> EB schrieb:
>> 1. What is your favorite Character NOW
>
> WWsin with Chaos claw. Just finished Hell with her (I might post about
> that another day).

I'll look forward to reading that!

> 1. What is your favorite Character NOW

lf/cs amazon

> 2. What was your first character

fire sorc until lvl18, then she skilled blizzard and liked it.

> 3. What is your least favorite

barbs, guess i'm the only one.

> 4. What was your least favorite, but you grew to like?

paladin, didnt understand all the aura stuff, but now i got it :D

> 5. What Character you like, but can't seem to get a handle on?

tried a convictor lately, but couldn't find out why he can't hit much, then
he died.

> 6. Experiment build

tell me one too, i'm out of ideas.
stefan

EB wrote:
> [snip]

> 1. What is your favorite Character NOW
Crushing Blow StrafeZon

> 2. What was your first character
Sorc (some very strange build, specialized in nothing)

> 3. What is your least favorite
MA Assassin

> 4. What was your least favorite, but you grew to like?
Skellimancer - They produced lags in the early days, so i hated(sp? -
the past of hate) them.

> 5. What Character you like, but can't seem to get a handle on?
Throw Barb

> 6. Experiment build
Blood Lord Necro in 1.00 - kills everything
Blood Lord Necro in v1.10 - kills nothing

Sascha Hoemig

EB wrote:
> 1. What is your favorite Character NOW

About any flavor of barb--as probably all the oldtimers know and are sick to
death seeing me talk about. :)

> 2. What was your first character

A pally. A. thoroughly. screwed. up. pally.

> 3. What is your least favorite

Probably sorcs, among the useful characters. I'd say druid, but druids
aren't really even worth considering.

> 4. What was your least favorite, but you grew to like?

MA Assy, but I can't say she was ever "least favorite". It's just that an
assy was the very last character type I ever tried--and I played a
looonnnggg time before ever trying one.

> 5. What Character you like, but can't seem to get a handle on?

Necs fit the bill most closely I guess, but it's not that I "couldn't get a
handle", I just always managed to lose interest somewhere along the line.

> 6. Experiment build

A HC melee nec I made back in .09 who, after I again lost interest in
playing, I decided to see could solo the Hell Ancients.

He couldn't.

--
chainbreaker

"EB" <me@yahoo.cnospam> wrote in message
> Ok, I'm at work and I'm bored :)
> I'm just curious about the current folks likes and dislikes on D2 right
now.
> I'm pretty sure I'm a bit hardcore about D2 right now because, out of all
> the dozens of games I play,
> D2 is the only one I play on a weekly basis right now.
> No, this isn't a "what other game you play" poll. Because to be honest,
> there is NO way I can invest time into another game right now.
> Other than "Alice", "Myth I, II, III" or Dungeon Master (blast from the
> past..LOL) I just don't have the time.
> I've been playing D2 since it came out, but I've have yet to play all the
> characters.
> What I want to know is this:
>
> 1. What is your favorite Character NOW
> 2. What was your first character
> 3. What is your least favorite
> 4. What was your least favorite, but you grew to like?
> 5. What Character you like, but can't seem to get a handle on?
> 6. Experiment build

1: Paladin
2: Barb in 1.07
3: Sorcs
4: Paladin
5: Sorcs
6: Fist of heaven Pally

Watchman

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2002

EB wrote:

> Ok, I'm at work and I'm bored :)
> I'm just curious about the current folks likes and dislikes on D2 right now.
> I'm pretty sure I'm a bit hardcore about D2 right now because, out of all
> the dozens of games I play,
> D2 is the only one I play on a weekly basis right now.
> No, this isn't a "what other game you play" poll. Because to be honest,
> there is NO way I can invest time into another game right now.
> Other than "Alice", "Myth I, II, III" or Dungeon Master (blast from the
> past..LOL) I just don't have the time.
> I've been playing D2 since it came out, but I've have yet to play all the
> characters.
> What I want to know is this:
>
> 1. What is your favorite Character NOW
> 2. What was your first character
> 3. What is your least favorite
> 4. What was your least favorite, but you grew to like?
> 5. What Character you like, but can't seem to get a handle on?
> 6. Experiment build

1. Geomancer Druid (even though I can't get him to survive Hell).
2. IIRC, SC: a Barbarian, HC: Werewolf Druid.
3. Paladin.
4. Amazon.
5. Sorceress. Mine keep dying unexpectedly. (curse you Duriel!)
6. Golemancer (Iron Golem).

Watchman :)
--
'Anyone who isn't confused doesn't really know what's going on'

sliver

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2005

"custard" <custards1@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "EB" <me@yahoo.cnospam> wrote in message
>> Ok, I'm at work and I'm bored :)
>> I'm just curious about the current folks likes and dislikes on D2 right
> now.
>> I'm pretty sure I'm a bit hardcore about D2 right now because, out of all
>> the dozens of games I play,
>> D2 is the only one I play on a weekly basis right now.
>> No, this isn't a "what other game you play" poll. Because to be honest,
>> there is NO way I can invest time into another game right now.
>> Other than "Alice", "Myth I, II, III" or Dungeon Master (blast from the
>> past..LOL) I just don't have the time.
>> I've been playing D2 since it came out, but I've have yet to play all the
>> characters.
>> What I want to know is this:
>>
>> 1. What is your favorite Character NOW
>> 2. What was your first character
>> 3. What is your least favorite
>> 4. What was your least favorite, but you grew to like?
>> 5. What Character you like, but can't seem to get a handle on?
>> 6. Experiment build

<tagging in and snippage>

1/ Hmmmm Hybridazon in mavs
2/ Zon
3/ Hammerdins
4/ Sorc
5/ MF Barb
6/ Bone/Poison Necro currently working on all because I found a lich wand
with b/p skills out the wazzo LOL

--
In a World Full of Insanity
Here I Stand.