Angelic Halo Ring

I've just found this playing SP LOD. Is it worth keeping?
-
Peter James
Remove AT to reply

Peter James wrote:
> I've just found this playing SP LOD. Is it worth keeping?
> -
> Peter James
> Remove AT to reply

Yes. IMO the Angelic set is one of the three "low level" sets, along with
Sigons and Iratha's that's worth keeping in its entirety. You can mix and
match portions of those sets to nurse any character through Normal, and some
parts will even be useful on into NM.

--
chainbreaker

yes, as was mentioned with the set Amy you get bonus attack rating, also
you can pair/wear 2 rings with 1 amy and double the ring bonus.

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 07:54:10 +0100, Peter James <pfjames@clara.co.uk>
wrote:

>I've just found this playing SP LOD. Is it worth keeping?
Thanks for the replies.
-
Peter James
Remove AT to reply

Watchman

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2002

chainbreaker wrote:

> Peter James wrote:
> > I've just found this playing SP LOD. Is it worth keeping?
> > -
> > Peter James
> > Remove AT to reply
>
> Yes. IMO the Angelic set is one of the three "low level" sets, along with
> Sigons and Iratha's that's worth keeping in its entirety. You can mix and
> match portions of those sets to nurse any character through Normal, and some
> parts will even be useful on into NM.
>
> --
> chainbreaker

It looks really good but isn't Sigon's a little light on resistances to
use fully for too long?

My favourite low-level set is Hsarus. 3 items, low requirements, good
resists and level based Attack Rating. And Cannot Be Frozen!

Watchman :)
--
'Anyone who isn't confused doesn't really know what's going on'

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 12:32:37 +0930, Watchman
<stryder@SPAMPHOBICwhyalla.net.au> wrote:

>My favourite low-level set is Hsarus. 3 items, low requirements, good
>resists and level based Attack Rating. And Cannot Be Frozen!

Or the combination of Death's Sash and Death's Gloves. Then you have
almost max. poison resist. Perfect for andariel. You also have life
leech, IAS, 15% allres, 65% poison res. and cannot be frozen.
--
Now Playing:

Watchman <stryder@SPAMPHOBICwhyalla.net.au> wrote:

>It looks really good but isn't Sigon's a little light on resistances to
>use fully for too long?

my boyfriend ran a barbarian up to hell level using the full sigon
set. of course, by the time he got to hell, he was getting smoked
*badly* by the lightning exuding bosses, and really needed to see
about switching out that set for something better.

or he just needed my bowazon in there to help bail his hide out, using
a lovely knockback bow to take out the lightning guys. :)

cassandra

Watchman wrote:
> chainbreaker wrote:
>>
>> Peter James wrote:
>>> I've just found this playing SP LOD. Is it worth keeping?
>>> -
>>> Peter James
>>> Remove AT to reply
>>
>> Yes. IMO the Angelic set is one of the three "low level" sets,
>> along with Sigons and Iratha's that's worth keeping in its entirety.
>> You can mix and match portions of those sets to nurse any character
>> through Normal, and some parts will even be useful on into NM.
>>
>> --
>> chainbreaker
>
> It looks really good but isn't Sigon's a little light on resistances
> use fully for too long?

That's why I said "mix and match", especially with Iratha's, if you need
resists. I believe any character can make it at least all the way through
Normal using nothing but parts of these three sets once they meet the
requirements, except for some class/build specific items like orbs, wands,
bows, etc.\

> My favourite low-level set is Hsarus. 3 items, low requirements, good
> resists and level based Attack Rating. And Cannot Be Frozen!
>
> Watchman :)

I've been fooling around with an MA assy who used Cleglaws gloves and shield
for a long time--almost all the way through A4.

--
chainbreaker

If you need to email, then chainbreaker (naturally) at comcast dot
net--that's "net" not "com"--should do it.

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 12:32:37 +0930, Watchman wrote:

> chainbreaker wrote:
>>
>> Peter James wrote:
>> > I've just found this playing SP LOD. Is it worth keeping?
>> > -
>> > Peter James
>> > Remove AT to reply
>>
>> Yes. IMO the Angelic set is one of the three "low level" sets, along with
>> Sigons and Iratha's that's worth keeping in its entirety. You can mix and
>> match portions of those sets to nurse any character through Normal, and some
>> parts will even be useful on into NM.
>>
>> --
>> chainbreaker
>
> It looks really good but isn't Sigon's a little light on resistances to
> use fully for too long?

If you get the leech/IAS from Sigons and the extra life from Angelic
that is good enough for a melee char to sail through normal provided
they upgrade the Angelic weapon to something appropriate. I tend
to use the unique morning star at lvl 15 and then Civerb's Cudgel
at the end of normal.

> My favourite low-level set is Hsarus. 3 items, low requirements, good
> resists and level based Attack Rating. And Cannot Be Frozen!

The low blocking on the shield is hard to take for long on a melee
char.

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 06:49:29 +0200, Thomas Jespersen wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 12:32:37 +0930, Watchman
> <stryder@SPAMPHOBICwhyalla.net.au> wrote:
>

>>My favourite low-level set is Hsarus. 3 items, low requirements, good
>>resists and level based Attack Rating. And Cannot Be Frozen!
>
> Or the combination of Death's Sash and Death's Gloves. Then you have
> almost max. poison resist. Perfect for andariel. You also have life
> leech, IAS, 15% allres, 65% poison res. and cannot be frozen.

This guide describes a build that used Death's through the end of
Hell level:

http://forums.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=198363

Shame the 2 level belt can't be upgraded.

Watchman

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2002

Thomas Jespersen wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 12:32:37 +0930, Watchman
> <stryder@SPAMPHOBICwhyalla.net.au> wrote:
>
> >My favourite low-level set is Hsarus. 3 items, low requirements, good
> >resists and level based Attack Rating. And Cannot Be Frozen!
>
> Or the combination of Death's Sash and Death's Gloves. Then you have
> almost max. poison resist. Perfect for andariel. You also have life
> leech, IAS, 15% allres, 65% poison res. and cannot be frozen.
> --
> Now Playing:

Sounds good, except for the sash. That's one of the drawbacks with the
Arctic set too. It has a light belt.

Watchman :)
--
'Anyone who isn't confused doesn't really know what's going on'

Watchman <stryder@SPAMPHOBICwhyalla.net.au> wrote:

>> Or the combination of Death's Sash and Death's Gloves. Then you have
>> almost max. poison resist. Perfect for andariel. You also have life
>> leech, IAS, 15% allres, 65% poison res. and cannot be frozen.
>
>Sounds good, except for the sash. That's one of the drawbacks with the
>Arctic set too. It has a light belt.

is it possible to put either of those belts in the cube and upgrade
them? i used the arctic belt on my amazon until halfway through
nightmare, and i have the gloves and belt on my assassin, who's about
to start nightmare. bumping them up to elite would *really* be
awesome.

i might try it and see. or maybe just swap it out for another set
instead. dunno yet.

cassandra
--

Watchman

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2002

forever darkness wrote:

> Watchman <stryder@SPAMPHOBICwhyalla.net.au> wrote:
>
> >> Or the combination of Death's Sash and Death's Gloves. Then you have
> >> almost max. poison resist. Perfect for andariel. You also have life
> >> leech, IAS, 15% allres, 65% poison res. and cannot be frozen.
> >
> >Sounds good, except for the sash. That's one of the drawbacks with the
> >Arctic set too. It has a light belt.
>
> is it possible to put either of those belts in the cube and upgrade
> them? i used the arctic belt on my amazon until halfway through
> nightmare, and i have the gloves and belt on my assassin, who's about
> to start nightmare. bumping them up to elite would *really* be
> awesome.
>
> i might try it and see. or maybe just swap it out for another set
> instead. dunno yet.
>
> cassandra
> --

I think you can only upgrade unique items, not set items. *sigh*

Watchman :)
--
'Anyone who isn't confused doesn't really know what's going on'

Watchman <stryder@SPAMPHOBICwhyalla.net.au> wrote:

>> is it possible to put either of those belts in the cube and upgrade
>> them? i used the arctic belt on my amazon until halfway through
>> nightmare, and i have the gloves and belt on my assassin, who's about
>> to start nightmare. bumping them up to elite would *really* be
>> awesome.
>>
>> i might try it and see. or maybe just swap it out for another set
>> instead. dunno yet.
>
>I think you can only upgrade unique items, not set items. *sigh*

yeah... i tried a few recipes with it last night and nothing upgraded
it. *grump*. it's a decent set for only using two pieces. i'm
definitely going to have to swap it out tho at this stage now.

cassandra