Rushing WW Druid to Hell diff

Hi,

well, my newly born Druid just has reached Hell diff at level 68 (SP). He
was born last thursday at level 33 with the -act5 trick. As I don't like
normal diff, my Enchantress got him to Nightmare in about 2 hours.

Now he was all on his own, but I twinked him as much as I could from my
big ATMA stash. Most of the time he did /players 6-8.

Normal diff rush: 2 hours
NM Level 35-43 : 2 hours
NM Level 43-48 : 2 hours
NM Level 48-60 : 6 hours (guessed)
NM Level 60-63 : 2 hours
NM Level 63-68 : 3.5 hours

The last entry started at Travincal waypoint and I decided to get to Hell
as fast as possible now. So I switched to /players 2 and just pressed
onwards.

I'm also not quite sure about levels 48-60, as I also did a bunch of
other things on saturday. Twinking him up and reviewing and changing
equipment every now and then surely took a few hours, too.

So, all together about 18 hours playing time to grow him up to level 68
and reach hell diff. He has done all important quests and has saved 20
skill and 48 stat points.

Can this be done any faster - without rushing him with a rusher through
nightmare? I guess I could have gotten some more levels with higher
/players settings, but that would also have taken more time.

Regards,

Oliver

"Oliver Wenzel" <ouuch@t-online.de> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> well, my newly born Druid just has reached Hell diff at level 68 (SP). He
> was born last thursday at level 33 with the -act5 trick. As I don't like
> normal diff, my Enchantress got him to Nightmare in about 2 hours.
>
> Now he was all on his own, but I twinked him as much as I could from my
> big ATMA stash. Most of the time he did /players 6-8.
>
> Normal diff rush: 2 hours
> NM Level 35-43 : 2 hours
> NM Level 43-48 : 2 hours
> NM Level 48-60 : 6 hours (guessed)
> NM Level 60-63 : 2 hours
> NM Level 63-68 : 3.5 hours
>
> The last entry started at Travincal waypoint and I decided to get to Hell
> as fast as possible now. So I switched to /players 2 and just pressed
> onwards.
>
> I'm also not quite sure about levels 48-60, as I also did a bunch of
> other things on saturday. Twinking him up and reviewing and changing
> equipment every now and then surely took a few hours, too.
>
> So, all together about 18 hours playing time to grow him up to level 68
> and reach hell diff. He has done all important quests and has saved 20
> skill and 48 stat points.
>
> Can this be done any faster - without rushing him with a rusher through
> nightmare? I guess I could have gotten some more levels with higher
> /players settings, but that would also have taken more time.
>
> Regards,
>
> Oliver

In SP, I don't know if it could be done any faster or not (with a melee
char). It certainly could have been done faster with a Sorc, or any
character with an AoE attack. The problem with speed-levelling melee
characters is that you are limited as to how many monsters you can kill at a
time :)

short

Hi,

"short" <shorts@zoominternet.net> wrote in

> "Oliver Wenzel" <ouuch@t-online.de> wrote in message
>>
>> Can this be done any faster - without rushing him with a rusher
>> through nightmare? I guess I could have gotten some more levels with
>> higher /players settings, but that would also have taken more time.
>>
> In SP, I don't know if it could be done any faster or not (with a
> melee char). It certainly could have been done faster with a Sorc, or
> any character with an AoE attack. The problem with speed-levelling
> melee characters is that you are limited as to how many monsters you
> can kill at a time :)

my next char build is a Bowazon. I will keep her enchanted through
nightmare, so she should be able to do all of NM at /players 8.
Just equipped my Enchantress with all +skills I could find and got her up
to a level 37 Enchant lasting 1008 seconds.

Regards,

Oliver