Netgear WPA-PSK Win-XP ..reconnect hell

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
June 21, 2004 11:37:46 AM

Hello

I am running a Netgear DG834G wirless adsl router (Firmware 1.04.01).
I was connecting to the router from my XP sp1 pc by using a wireless
bridge (WGE101) which was fairly painless. However after reading about
the shortfalls of WEP security I decided to buy a WG311 adapter so
that I could run XP's WPA-PSK security.

I can get the network to work however whenever xp loses the connection
or I logon to my pc using remote desktop the connection drops and I
get the "One or more wireless networks have been found" message which
then needs me to click the bubble even though I only have 1 network
setup which is becoming a real hassle ,especially when I am using
remote desktop.

Has anybody found a solution for this problem ? or am I going to be
forced to go back to my wireless bridge and WEP?

Thanks
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
June 21, 2004 10:27:39 PM

Netgear has an outstanding ans very simple to use wireless
configuration utility. At least the one that came with my WG511T
notebook card. It supports WPA-PSK (TKIP & AES) and configuring it
it painless. Why not use the one that came with your netgear and
disable the XP wireless zero config.

!