Netgear WPA-PSK Win-XP ..reconnect hell

Hello

I am running a Netgear DG834G wirless adsl router (Firmware 1.04.01).
I was connecting to the router from my XP sp1 pc by using a wireless
bridge (WGE101) which was fairly painless. However after reading about
the shortfalls of WEP security I decided to buy a WG311 adapter so
that I could run XP's WPA-PSK security.

I can get the network to work however whenever xp loses the connection
or I logon to my pc using remote desktop the connection drops and I
get the "One or more wireless networks have been found" message which
then needs me to click the bubble even though I only have 1 network
setup which is becoming a real hassle ,especially when I am using
remote desktop.

Has anybody found a solution for this problem ? or am I going to be
forced to go back to my wireless bridge and WEP?

Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about netgear reconnect hell

    Netgear has an outstanding ans very simple to use wireless
    configuration utility. At least the one that came with my WG511T
    notebook card. It supports WPA-PSK (TKIP & AES) and configuring it
    it painless. Why not use the one that came with your netgear and
    disable the XP wireless zero config.

    On 21 Jun 2004 07:37:46 -0700, simond@mailbox.co.za (Simon) wrote:

    >Hello
    >
    >I am running a Netgear DG834G wirless adsl router (Firmware 1.04.01).
    >I was connecting to the router from my XP sp1 pc by using a wireless
    >bridge (WGE101) which was fairly painless. However after reading about
    >the shortfalls of WEP security I decided to buy a WG311 adapter so
    >that I could run XP's WPA-PSK security.
    >
    >I can get the network to work however whenever xp loses the connection
    >or I logon to my pc using remote desktop the connection drops and I
    >get the "One or more wireless networks have been found" message which
    >then needs me to click the bubble even though I only have 1 network
    >setup which is becoming a real hassle ,especially when I am using
    >remote desktop.
    >
    >Has anybody found a solution for this problem ? or am I going to be
    >forced to go back to my wireless bridge and WEP?
    >
    >Thanks

Wireless Netgear Windows XP Wireless Networking