mephisto soulstone

I'm a beginner.
I now have mephistos soulstone, what do I do with it, did I miss something?

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 20:27:29 +0000, harekrishna wrote:

> I'm a beginner.
> I now have mephistos soulstone, what do I do with it, did I miss something?

It's very useful for preventing Cain from bothering you and refusing to
ID stuff in Act 4 between the time you kill Mephisto and the time
you finish the HellForge quest.

mark

<harekrishna@bombay.com> wrote in message
> I'm a beginner.

Don't sweat it, we were all new at one point.

> I now have mephistos soulstone, what do I do with it, did I miss
> something?

You will use it in Act 4. The third area in A4 is The River of Flame. There
you will find the Hellforge guarded by Hephasto the Armorer (aka Heyfatso).
Once you kill Hephasto he will drop the Hellforge Hammer. Equip the hammer
and place Mephisto's Soulstone on the Hellforge, then smash the stone with
the hammer. You will be rewarded with several higher level gems and a rune.

Regards-
Mark

Bongo-Fury

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 21:10:07 +0000, Mark wrote:

> <harekrishna@bombay.com> wrote in message
>> I'm a beginner.
>
> Don't sweat it, we were all new at one point.
>
>> I now have mephistos soulstone, what do I do with it, did I miss
>> something?
>
> You will use it in Act 4. The third area in A4 is The River of Flame. There
> you will find the Hellforge guarded by Hephasto the Armorer (aka Heyfatso).
> Once you kill Hephasto he will drop the Hellforge Hammer. Equip the hammer
> and place Mephisto's Soulstone on the Hellforge, then smash the stone with
> the hammer. You will be rewarded with several higher level gems and a rune.

In fact, it isn't necessary to be carrying the soulstone at the Forge.
It is sufficient to just have it back in the stash. And Cain gives
another one each time you approach him, unless one is already in your
stash. So that's why I say that its de facto purpose is to get Cain to
behave.

<harekrishna@bombay.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I'm a beginner.
> I now have mephistos soulstone, what do I do with it, did I miss
> something?

You'll need it in Quest 2, Act IV
You did walk through the infernal gate into Act IV, did you ??

On 29-Mar-2005, "Mark" <bongofury@verizon.net> wrote:

> The third area in A4 is The River of Flame.

<nitpick on>
Actually, the River of Flame is the 4th area in act 4.
<nitpick off>
Sorry, the Vogon's made me do it.
--
Don't Panic!