trading items?

alex

Where do people trade items? In games? I would love to trade for a
homonculus, mara's kalaid, or a stone of jordan. But I have no idea if
my collection of uniques are wanted - probably not. I know I've got some
pretty good barbarian stuff. I've got this sword that does 100+ dmg, one
handed, very fast swing, +3 WW, +3 something else too, i forgot. I've
got serveral other uniques too.

How does one go about trading?

Tanx

If it's called bloodletter and is the first one on this page :

http://www.diabloii.net/items/uniques/weapons_swords-excep.shtml

then i'm pretty sure you won't get any of the things you are asking for
which, btw, are incredably good items. Keep playing, keep finding and
then think about getting elite uniques. Guessing from what you've found
you aren't even near lvl enough you need to be to wear any of the above
items except maybe the SOJ.
Sorry but No Cigar.

People make trade games and also go onto trade channels. Just scroll up
and down the list to find either of the two.

Alex wrote:
> Where do people trade items? In games? I would love to trade for a
> homonculus, mara's kalaid, or a stone of jordan. But I have no idea if
> my collection of uniques are wanted - probably not. I know I've got
> some pretty good barbarian stuff. I've got this sword that does 100+
> dmg, one handed, very fast swing, +3 WW, +3 something else too, i
> forgot. I've got serveral other uniques too.
>
> How does one go about trading?
>
> Tanx

Try here http://forums.rpgforums.net/forumdisplay.php?forumid=1 (trading
forums are in the bottom).

Devast8or

keith

The best items to start trading with are Perfect gems depending
on which realm 40 can get you a Pul.Also getting your Hellforge
quests done can get you some gems and a decent rune(most of
the time).NM Cows is a good place for skills Gcs which are easily
sold for Um+(a few are worth a lot less like curses for example).
On Uswest ladder 3 UMs will get you an Ist which then can get
you a Soj or Maras(might need to add a few of the lower runes).
Dont be to eager to buy stuff though get to know the value on
items by hanging in trade channel for a while and also know the
rune values.Certain socket items can be as valuable as the higher
uniques so get to know which ones(5 socket berserker axe for
example).

You can always just make a game and call it Trading or something of the sort
and wait for ppl to arrive. Alot of people like trading... Everyone trades
for something at one time or another.

Jake Mysterio - The Mysterious One of Nothingness.

"Alex" <alazarev@itg.uiuc.edu> wrote in message
> Where do people trade items? In games? I would love to trade for a
> homonculus, mara's kalaid, or a stone of jordan. But I have no idea if my
> collection of uniques are wanted - probably not. I know I've got some
> pretty good barbarian stuff. I've got this sword that does 100+ dmg, one
> handed, very fast swing, +3 WW, +3 something else too, i forgot. I've got
> serveral other uniques too.
>
> How does one go about trading?
>
> Tanx

Manchild

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2005

I do not trade on Battlenet for anything great anymore. I had some
stuff vanish on me a while back and well -- the finished it.

I use rpgtraders.net for trades, many folk are willing to accept pgems
and they have a rating system kinda like ebays. If you do trade on
Battlenet make damned sure you take your time and when you hit the tick
button -- a common tick used to dupe the uninitiated is to show you a
great item and then replace it with somthing similar looking.

Good Luck.

On 30-Mar-2005, Alex <alazarev@itg.uiuc.edu> wrote:

> Where do people trade items? In games? I would love to trade for a
> homonculus, mara's kalaid, or a stone of jordan. But I have no idea if
> my collection of uniques are wanted - probably not. I know I've got some
> pretty good barbarian stuff. I've got this sword that does 100+ dmg, one
> handed, very fast swing, +3 WW, +3 something else too, i forgot. I've
> got serveral other uniques too.
>
> How does one go about trading?
>
> Tanx

Usually, I just create a (public) game called 'Bring xxx', where xxx is
the item I am looking for. Have everything that you are willing to trade
away ready in your characters inventory (not stash). If nobody shows up
in 5 or 10 minutes, I just escape out and go play in my own private game
for awhile and then in an hour or so try again with the public 'BringXXX'.
You may get people telling you that you are a noob (or worse) if they
think that you are asking for something worth much more than what you have
to trade away, ignore them, they could be correct, but also the next
person coming in may be looking for something that you have and even if
most people think the two items (what you want and what they want) are not
even close in value, if both parties are happy then it is a good trade.
--
Don't Panic!