Dimension 5100

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Are the motherboards used in the new 5100 different from the ones in
3000s ? I am asking this to find out apart from the different video
cards what is the main difference between a 5100 and a 3000. Who makes
the motherboard for Dell nowadays ?

Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge.

"Jack" <buywheels@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Are the motherboards used in the new 5100 different from the ones in
> 3000s ? I am asking this to find out apart from the different video
> cards what is the main difference between a 5100 and a 3000. Who makes
> the motherboard for Dell nowadays ?
>
> Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge.

Absolutely. 5100 has a PCI-e slot for a video card. 3000 has integrated
video and no slot to upgrade the video.

Don't know who makes them. Suspect it is the cheapest vendor of the moment.

Tom

They are very different. The 3000s are built for Dell by Mitac in China.

The 5100s use Foxconn boards.

Jack wrote:
> Are the motherboards used in the new 5100 different from the ones in
> 3000s ? I am asking this to find out apart from the different video
> cards what is the main difference between a 5100 and a 3000. Who makes
> the motherboard for Dell nowadays ?
>
> Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge.

Between chocolate and vanilla? You need to quote for us to answer.