CEmod Doll Stash review

One Wirt's Leg and two Horadric Scrolls to create Doll Stash.
Doll stash is created with plus 10 poison over 2 seconds.
After putting in 3 dolls it adds plus one to Find Potion.*
10 dolls adds another to Find Potion.
87 dolls adds plus one to Lower Resist.
111 dolls makes it 21 poison over 4 seconds.
206 dolls adds one to Amplify Damage.
222 dolls adds another to Amplify Damage.
239 dolls adds one to Slow Missiles.
245 dolls adds one to Valkyrie.
275 dolls adds another to Find Potion (total of 3 now).

Stay tuned for further info as it comes available.

*Find Potion in CEmod only finds rejuvs, full rejuvs, or the soul of the
monster which - when right clicked - turns into an egg.
--
Don't Panic!

Diane

"ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname> wrote in news:rnV2e.1299$44.159
@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net:

> One Wirt's Leg and two Horadric Scrolls to create Doll Stash.
> Doll stash is created with plus 10 poison over 2 seconds.
> After putting in 3 dolls it adds plus one to Find Potion.*
> 10 dolls adds another to Find Potion.
> 87 dolls adds plus one to Lower Resist.
> 111 dolls makes it 21 poison over 4 seconds.
> 206 dolls adds one to Amplify Damage.
> 222 dolls adds another to Amplify Damage.
> 239 dolls adds one to Slow Missiles.
> 245 dolls adds one to Valkyrie.
> 275 dolls adds another to Find Potion (total of 3 now).
>
> Stay tuned for further info as it comes available.
>
> *Find Potion in CEmod only finds rejuvs, full rejuvs, or the soul of
the
> monster which - when right clicked - turns into an egg.

Thanks for the breakdown Art. I haven't gotten back to CE b/c I've been
levelling up my necro for the necro team. But, I WILL get back to CE.
I really do miss it. Somehow it's just more invigorating than LOD.

Diane

ArtDent wrote:
> One Wirt's Leg and two Horadric Scrolls to create Doll Stash.
> Doll stash is created with plus 10 poison over 2 seconds.
> After putting in 3 dolls it adds plus one to Find Potion.*
> 10 dolls adds another to Find Potion.
> 87 dolls adds plus one to Lower Resist.

For all those playing this mod, did you all get +1 to Lower Resist with
87 dolls?

I'm curious because I have 110 dolls in my stash and I still only have
10 poison over 2 seconds and +2 to Find Potion, so I'm wondering if
something is wrong with my Doll Stash and whether it's worth stuffing
anymore dolls in there, or if I should get another stash somehow before
I waste anymore dolls.

I'm playing version 7.51.

Jill

ArtDent wrote:
> On 7-Apr-2005, "neithskye" <jill_bookerGREENEGGSANDSPAM@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > ArtDent wrote:

> I have been wondering if it is/was strictly by number of dolls or
perhaps
> some other criteria, such as - so many dolls after making it past
certain
> quest/area/boss/whatever. Does anyone else have any additional data?
> wonder if it also could be a character level requirement thing. If
you
> are not a necro, and your character level is less than 36 it may not
add
> that mod until you can actually use it. When I tried to use that doll
> stash (after 87 dolls) with my level 30 assasin it would not let me,
it
> said it required lvl 36. I am presuming that it is because it is a
necro
> skill, so it only needed lvl 30 for the necro to equip it. It did
jump up
> to require level 36 even for my necro when it added the plus one to
> valkyrie, so maybe that is yet another hint that this may be the
> answer/reason.
> Good luck and please keep us posted on any developments.

Thank you.

My bowazon is clvl 80 in NM Act V, tackling the Ancients tonight in
terms of quests (clvl 80 in NM Act V just with regular playing - lol).
Anyway, I'm past clvl 30 anyway, and as far as I remember, her Doll
Stash still has a level 7 requirement, even with 110 dolls in it. Ah,
well. I'll keep placing dolls into the stash and see what happens.

I'll remember to quaff a valuable elixir (wonderful things, those
valuable elixers) before the Ancients tonight. Somehow they seem a lot
less scary when you have 12,000 HPs. :p

Jill

neithskye wrote:
> ArtDent wrote:
>
>>One Wirt's Leg and two Horadric Scrolls to create Doll Stash.
>>Doll stash is created with plus 10 poison over 2 seconds.
>>After putting in 3 dolls it adds plus one to Find Potion.*
>>10 dolls adds another to Find Potion.
>>87 dolls adds plus one to Lower Resist.
>

> For all those playing this mod, did you all get +1 to Lower Resist with
> 87 dolls?
>
> I'm curious because I have 110 dolls in my stash and I still only have
> 10 poison over 2 seconds and +2 to Find Potion, so I'm wondering if
> something is wrong with my Doll Stash and whether it's worth stuffing
> anymore dolls in there, or if I should get another stash somehow before
> I waste anymore dolls.
>
> I'm playing version 7.51.
>
> Jill

I cant answer your question, but I thought I would use this chance to
ask another question.
Which dolls should I NOT be putting in the stash? I know the minion
doll should be saved,<I had one until i had a power surge with the game
running which caused me to loose everything in my stash>but should all
other dolls put in the stash?

ArtDent wrote:
> On 7-Apr-2005, "ArtDent" <par@noyd.invalidname> wrote:

> Doh! He had already explained some time ago in an old post that it
is
> somewhat random, and that he would NOT be explaining how it works any
> further.
> All I can say to neithskye is: just keep sticking dolls in there and
> eventually it should add something to the mods.

Thank you very much, ArtDent. I am, in fact, off to go cruise for more
eggs now. :)

Jill

wrote:

> ArtDent wrote:
> > One Wirt's Leg and two Horadric Scrolls to create Doll Stash.
> > Doll stash is created with plus 10 poison over 2 seconds.
> > After putting in 3 dolls it adds plus one to Find Potion.*
> > 10 dolls adds another to Find Potion.
> > 87 dolls adds plus one to Lower Resist.
>
> For all those playing this mod, did you all get +1 to Lower Resist with
> 87 dolls?
>
> I'm curious because I have 110 dolls in my stash and I still only have
> 10 poison over 2 seconds and +2 to Find Potion, so I'm wondering if
> something is wrong with my Doll Stash and whether it's worth stuffing
> anymore dolls in there, or if I should get another stash somehow before
> I waste anymore dolls.

I have been wondering if it is/was strictly by number of dolls or perhaps
some other criteria, such as - so many dolls after making it past certain
quest/area/boss/whatever. Does anyone else have any additional data? I

On 7-Apr-2005, sidekick <sidekick39spam_bust@adelphia.net> wrote:

> Which dolls should I NOT be putting in the stash? I know the minion
> doll should be saved,<I had one until i had a power surge with the game
> running which caused me to loose everything in my stash>but should all
> other dolls put in the stash?

You want to keep ghost dolls (for making items ethereal) and character
type dolls (necro, assasin, sorceress, etc. for making the Book of
Wisdom), Suicide Minion dolls for unsocketing, and of course those minion
dolls for upgrading. Those for sure, you may also want to keep a few
'regular' dolls for the set and unique creation recipes. Whoops, looking
at the readme shows me that you want to keep Andariel and Duriel dolls for
specific item recipes also.
HTH HAND
--
Don't Panic!

wrote:

> (clvl 80 in NM Act V just with regular playing - lol)

Yea, I know, I started Hell at level 86, and I pretty much just 'quested'
also. You really need to be around there (or higher) to start Hell tho,
the items dropping in the Blood Moor are level 90. Don't forget to load
up on those resistance charms, you start Hell with -250% to all resists.
(NM is -110%, so you need another 140 in each just to stay where you are
now)
I think I will post a question regarding this discrepancy in our doll
stash mods over at the phrozenKeep forum and see if Mr. Chaos Energy
can/will help us understand what is going on.
--
Don't Panic!

ArtDent wrote:
> On 7-Apr-2005, "neithskye" <jill_bookerGREENEGGSANDSPAM@hotmail.com>
> wrote:

> Yea, I know, I started Hell at level 86, and I pretty much just
'quested'
> also. You really need to be around there (or higher) to start Hell
tho,
> the items dropping in the Blood Moor are level 90. Don't forget to
load
> up on those resistance charms, you start Hell with -250% to all
resists.
> (NM is -110%, so you need another 140 in each just to stay where you
are
> now).

Yup, just got to the Inner Cloister WP in Hell. I did place more Dolls
in my stash and got the +1 to Amplify Damage and Lower Resist, which
are sure needed, with all the PIs and the . . . well, just everything.
Did the Countess last night and that had to be the worst stair trap I
have ever seen in my whole D2 career. Lost my merc and lvl 49 Valk
under lvl 13 BO about 12 times each, and got a Nef for my trouble.
Didn't die, though.

Anyway, out of curiousity, did you ever do the dungeon levels under
Nihlathak in NM? The item level of the items dropped in the second or
third level were around 94. I got to level 9 and they were 97 and 98,
then I stopped out of boredom. They really need to put a few WPs down
there so you don't have to do all the levels and side rooms all in one
shot.

How are you finding Hell so far?

Jill

Blue Jack Sky wrote:
> Jill asked:
>
> >How are you finding Hell so far?
> >Jill
>
> I'm playing a ladder HC necro, who made it to Hell at level 76.
Hell
> is unbelievably hard it seems like every other monster is immune to
> everything so you have to just go around them.

I'm very impressed that you're doing this mod in HC. For me there are
far too many "gotcha's" that HC is just too risky, like when The
Butcher charged out of a room in Normal Catacombs level 4 and smacked
me into next week. They say to be careful of rooms with closed doors.
What they don't say is that the monsters in the room with The Butcher
can open the door, or my merc did it when I wasn't looking. At any
rate, I saw a room with an open door, figured it was safe . . . and
then died.

I did some of the dungeons in NM so my bowazon is now clvl 92 at the
Inner Cloister. I'm finding that it's not so much that each individual
monster with its immunities is tough, it's that you are dealing with 50
monsters at a time. If you step back to retreat, you just run into
another bunch of 50 monsters. Quite frustrating when I've run out of
arrows and am trying to restock.

> never did figure out how to get the portal in the 17th dungeon to
take
> me anywhere (not that I knew where I would be going) but I was
guessing
> that I might be transported into the level with The Seven.

I remember a discussion about this elsewhere. I don't think that portal
goes anywhere; it's something that I think meant to be developed, but
then never was, like the Mysterious Scrolls.

> My level 79
> necro can barely clear the room with The Seven in normal.
> I wandered in there by accident with my zon last week, fortunately I
> had enough knockback to give me the half second to hit alt f4 and get
> out before getting totally swarmed by all the monsters in that little
> space. The chimera at the end took quite a while as well since it
was
> immune to magic and physical so I had to let the mages and my merc
> hammer on it, but it kept teleporting around the level.

Yes, I clicked on The Seven by accident trying to go to Larzuk. Imagine
my surprise to land where I did. I couldn't even dent a thing.

After I finished NM, I went back to Normal and did it. I think I was
clvl 88 with CoH armor, 2 sets in the game that give me 550% damage to
demons and the undead, and a Faith bow. Even so, it was tough. And my
merc, with over 60% damage reduction, couldn't last 2 hits from that
Chimera dude. And my Valk kept walking away, so it was just me with my
Decoy. Took forever, and then he didn't even drop anything. I'm not
quite sure what the whole point of that place is.

> Sheesh I still have to face Fangskin in hell and I absolutely hate
going
> into the Claw Viper Temple level 2 in any difficulty. That redesign
was
> a good one. Getting Duriel is easy after going into Fangskin and his
> hordes and clearing that level.

I will say that I have never seen stair traps like I have in this mod.
The redesign of the Claw Viper Temple level 2 is a bit cheesy, IMHO. By
getting rid of the little walkway before the altar room, you literally
land right on top of all the monsters when the level loads. It wouldn't
be so bad if it was just Fangskin, but of course there are 2 or 3 boss
and champ packs there as well. A little silly, really. Just make sure
to drink your valuable elixers before entering. :)

Jill

Jill wrote:

>I will say that I have never seen stair
>traps like I have in this mod. The
>redesign of the Claw Viper Temple level
>2 is a bit cheesy, IMHO. By getting rid of
>the little walkway before the altar room,
>you literally land right on top of all the
>monsters when the level loads. It
>wouldn't be so bad if it was just
>Fangskin, but of course there are 2 or 3
>boss and champ packs there as well. A
>little silly, really. Just make sure to drink
>your valuable elixers before entering. :)

Well I like that redesign, for the reasons you don't like it. Part of
the rush of HC is taking that deep breath right before heading into what
you know is going to be a really bad situation, and then probably not
breathing for the next three minutes. And I had to completely change my
playing style to get past that claw viper area in HC. You know how it
is....necro always goes in first for some reason. I'm really beginining
to appreciate the value of Dim Vision, especially with packs of those
lava maws, and places like the Claw Viper temple. I hadn't thought
about taking a valuable elixer in order to get past that. Thanks for
the tip.

Just a note, I am over 350 dolls now and the latest addition is plus one
to Raven (did I mention it gave me plus one to lightning before this?).
Much more of this and I will fill the top of the screen with all my minion
thumbnails. Currently have merc, golem, skels, skel mages, valkyrie, and
now ravens. Although, that valk sure is SLOW, she is more like a decoy
that can fight back a bit, as opposed to being the tank I was expecting.
--
Don't Panic!

Art wrote:

>Just a note, I am over 350 dolls now and
>the latest addition is plus one to Raven
>(did I mention it gave me plus one to
>lightning before this?). Much more of this
>and I will fill the top of the screen with all
>my minion thumbnails. Currently have
>merc, golem, skels, skel mages,
>valkyrie, and now ravens. Although, that
>valk sure is SLOW, she is more like a
>decoy that can fight back a bit, as
>opposed to being the tank I was
>expecting.

Do you get your valkyrie from the doll stash? I gambled a tiara with
*1 to Valkrie, and with plus to skills it does alright through NM. Hell
is a different story, she dies very quickly in the large crowds. In
fact most everything dies pretty quickly in hell when I hit a large
crowd with a couple of bosses in them. But that's just the nature of
the game.

I came across what might be a glitch in the game last night, the hotkey
I had set for valk kept not working. I would open up my inventory, take
off the tiara and put it back on and voila. valk was hotkeyed again and
I could cast a valkrie again.

ArtDent wrote:
> Just a note, I am over 350 dolls now and the latest addition is plus
one
> to Raven (did I mention it gave me plus one to lightning before
this?).
> Much more of this and I will fill the top of the screen with all my
minion
> thumbnails. Currently have merc, golem, skels, skel mages, valkyrie,
and
> now ravens. Although, that valk sure is SLOW, she is more like a
decoy
> that can fight back a bit, as opposed to being the tank I was
expecting.

Good grief, man, how did you ever get 350 dolls? :) I've picked up
every egg, partial egg and I Find Potion for souls to turn into eggs
til there's no tomorrow and in Hell Act 3 I still only have 164 dolls.

I think the Valk was dumbed down a tad. Mine's level 54 or so, she's so
slow she disappears all the time because she doesn't keep up, she's so
slow that by the time she gets to a fight everything is dead, she walks
right by fights while my merc gets hammered, and if I cast her in the
middle of a fight, she'll run away. I play amazons all the time and
I've never seen anything like it.

So . . . she doesn't help out in regular battles and when it comes to
Bosses she either walks away or dies very quickly. I almost regret
spending any points in the Valk.

Jill

Blue Jack Sky wrote:

> I came across what might be a glitch in the game last night, the
hotkey
> I had set for valk kept not working. I would open up my inventory,
take
> off the tiara and put it back on and voila. valk was hotkeyed again
and
> I could cast a valkrie again.

Same thing happens sometimes with the mods granted to me by the Doll
Stash. Amp Damage or Lower Resist won't work, so I have to remove then
replace the stash in my Inventory, then everything's fine.

Jill

Brian Brunner wrote:
> On 15 Apr 2005, "neithskye" wrote:
>
> >> I Find Potion for souls to turn into eggs
>
> Could you please pass me a few details on this?
>
> I've never heard of this...

Every so often when you use the Find Potion skill in this mod, instead
of a potion, a critter will cough up its "soul". The graphic looks like
Mephisto's soulstone, except it's brown, and it's called "Critter Name
Soul", i.e., Flayer Soul or Night Lord Soul. When you right-click on
it, it turns into an egg.

When a "soul" drops, it makes a noise like when you click on your Teddy
- that kind of "brrrrr" sound.

Jill

neithskye wrote:
> Brian Brunner wrote:

> > Could you please pass me a few details on this?
> >
> > I've never heard of this...

Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention. If you have some gambling to do, sell
one at a gambling NPC (but only at a gambling NPC as they pay more
money). Check out what they sell for:

http://test.internet-webmaster.de/upload/1113639203.jpg

I'm not sure if that's some kind of mistake as I've never sold one, but
you could be gambling for a while. :)

Jill

sidekick wrote:

> dont waste the soul by selling it for gambling money. Sell a tome or
> vaulable elixer to the gambling npc.

Yeah, I know. That's why I've never sold one. It was just supposed to
be a silly reference to the insane price they sell for. :)

Jill

On 15 Apr 2005, "neithskye" wrote:

>> I Find Potion for souls to turn into eggs

Could you please pass me a few details on this?

I've never heard of this...

>> So . . . she doesn't help out in regular battles and when it comes to
>> Bosses she either walks away or dies very quickly. I almost regret
>> spending any points in the Valk.

If you cast Valk with high (total) skill points she gets much better in
fights...

....but she's dumb as tree roots forever!

--

USEast HC Ladder: Rockstomper

neithskye wrote:
> neithskye wrote:
>
>>Brian Brunner wrote:

>>>Could you please pass me a few details on this?
>>>
>>>I've never heard of this...
>

> Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention. If you have some gambling to do, sell
> one at a gambling NPC (but only at a gambling NPC as they pay more
> money). Check out what they sell for:
>
> http://test.internet-webmaster.de/upload/1113639203.jpg
>
> I'm not sure if that's some kind of mistake as I've never sold one, but
> you could be gambling for a while. :)
>
> Jill

dont waste the soul by selling it for gambling money. Sell a tome or a

Brian Brunner wrote:

> Thanks, I found a "soul" and made an Egg from it and make a potion of
> Fire Resistance from it...
>
> *sigh*

Score!

:p

Don't get discouraged. Like with any egg you can get amazing things
from the "soul" eggs. It's just a tough call determining if the time
and extreme tedium of searching for souls are worth the possible
rewards.

Jill

Jill wrote:

>When a "soul" drops, it makes a noise
>like when you click on your Teddy
>- that kind of "brrrrr" sound.

Oh, my word.....I thought that the "soul' and the Teddy made a noise
like a sheep makes when her Amish boyfriend visits her after midnite.

On 16 Apr 2005, "neithskye" wrote:

>> sidekick wrote:
>>
>> > dont waste the soul by selling it for gambling money. Sell a tome or
>> > vaulable elixer to the gambling npc.
>>
>> Yeah, I know. That's why I've never sold one. It was just supposed to
>> be a silly reference to the insane price they sell for. :)
>>
>> Jill

Or a Flag, or a Tail, etc.