How to socket my IK?

Manchild

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2005

I have the complete set. Two sockets in the help, two in the Maul and
one in the armour. I was thinking of using some skulls in the Maul for
the life leach - but was interested in opinions. I do not have high
level runes.

I have read on here in the past that IK isnt that great but I have been
very happy with it so far, I am lacking a barb ammy and Grand Charms
and its been a lot of fun.

In article <1112380067.389472.193700@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
ManChild <starritt@gmail.com> wrote:

>I have the complete set. Two sockets in the help, two in the Maul and
>one in the armour. I was thinking of using some skulls in the Maul for
>the life leach - but was interested in opinions. I do not have high
>level runes.

I too have the complete set, though my barb isn't old enough to wear it
all, and I haven't sockted the armor yet.

It's been my impression the most used stuff in the Maul is two Shaels,
for hitting the next breakpoint. So I have two Shaels ready, but would
still like to see a confirmation this is the way to go. The alternative
could be two Amns, for that extra 14% LL.

In the helm, two sockets, no idea. I'm contemplating stuffing two
PTopazes in, for that extra MF.

Armor: possibly also PTopaz.

Am open to suggestions too. ;)

>I have read on here in the past that IK isnt that great but I have been
>very happy with it so far, I am lacking a barb ammy and Grand Charms
>and its been a lot of fun.

Actually, it has been my impression a Barb wearing the full IK set is
damn near invulnerable. So when I found an IK Armor (and I recently found
another one!?), I started my IK Barb project. Currently level 62, on to
76, when I can equip the Maul and Armor.

Regards,

Patrick.

"Patrick Vervoorn" <patrick.vervoorn@NOSPAM.perihelion.demon.nl> wrote in
message news:20c25$424d9aef$82a1d3bf$24777@news2.tudelft.nl...
> In article <1112380067.389472.193700@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
> ManChild <starritt@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >I have the complete set. Two sockets in the help, two in the Maul and
> >one in the armour. I was thinking of using some skulls in the Maul for
> >the life leach - but was interested in opinions. I do not have high
> >level runes.
>
> I too have the complete set, though my barb isn't old enough to wear it
> all, and I haven't sockted the armor yet.
>
> It's been my impression the most used stuff in the Maul is two Shaels,
> for hitting the next breakpoint. So I have two Shaels ready, but would
> still like to see a confirmation this is the way to go. The alternative
> could be two Amns, for that extra 14% LL.

I haven't checked the speed breakpoints in awhile. You guys using WW for
the main attack?

> In the helm, two sockets, no idea. I'm contemplating stuffing two
> PTopazes in, for that extra MF.
>
> Armor: possibly also PTopaz.
>
> Am open to suggestions too. ;)

I always for PTopaz as well

> >I have read on here in the past that IK isnt that great but I have been
> >very happy with it so far, I am lacking a barb ammy and Grand Charms
> >and its been a lot of fun.

Heh, who said it wasn't that great??
They're nutso.

> Actually, it has been my impression a Barb wearing the full IK set is
> damn near invulnerable. So when I found an IK Armor (and I recently found
> another one!?), I started my IK Barb project. Currently level 62, on to
> 76, when I can equip the Maul and Armor.

Yup, the Full IK set is as close to God Mode for a barb as you can get :)

short

ManChild wrote:
> I have the complete set. Two sockets in the help, two in the Maul and
> one in the armour. I was thinking of using some skulls in the Maul
> for the life leach - but was interested in opinions. I do not have
> high level runes.
>
> I have read on here in the past that IK isnt that great but I have
> been very happy with it so far, I am lacking a barb ammy and Grand
> Charms and its been a lot of fun.

The 1.09 version wasn't. As short says, the 1.10 version of the set makes a
barb a god, for all intents. Consequently, it really doesn't matter that
much what you put in the sockets--shaels in the maul and ptopaz in the hat
are as good as anything.

Substitute a Skullder's for the IK armor and load up on magic find charms
while keeping the rest of the set, and you have a nice magic finder. Even
without the armor and the full set bonuses your barb won't be giving up that
much.

--
chainbreaker

In article <424da6bd$1_1@127.0.0.1>, short <shorts@zoominternet.net> wrote:

>"Patrick Vervoorn" <patrick.vervoorn@NOSPAM.perihelion.demon.nl> wrote in
>message news:20c25$424d9aef$82a1d3bf$24777@news2.tudelft.nl...

>> It's been my impression the most used stuff in the Maul is two Shaels,
>> for hitting the next breakpoint. So I have two Shaels ready, but would
>> still like to see a confirmation this is the way to go. The alternative
>> could be two Amns, for that extra 14% LL.
>>
>I haven't checked the speed breakpoints in awhile. You guys using WW for
>the main attack?

I've maxed BO and Concentrate. I'm also planning to WW and finally Mace
Mastery.

>> In the helm, two sockets, no idea. I'm contemplating stuffing two
>> PTopazes in, for that extra MF.
>>
>> Armor: possibly also PTopaz.
>>
>> Am open to suggestions too. ;)
>>
>I always for PTopaz as well

So PTopazes it will be. I can always remove them again if I find
something godly.

>Yup, the Full IK set is as close to God Mode for a barb as you can get
>:)

;) We'll see, once he hits 76. :)

Regards,

Patrick.

"ManChild" <starritt@gmail.com> wrote in message

> I have the complete set. Two sockets in the help, two in the Maul and
> one in the armour. I was thinking of using some skulls in the Maul for
> the life leach - but was interested in opinions. I do not have high
> level runes.
>
> I have read on here in the past that IK isnt that great but I have been
> very happy with it so far, I am lacking a barb ammy and Grand Charms
> and its been a lot of fun.

have a full ik set WW barb i have 1 Sheal and 1 Amn in the maul and had
nothing in the helm and armour untill i stuffed ptopazs in all 3 well worth
it in the long run as the set seems to have enough of enerything else
my skills are
Whirl wind
mace mastery
battle orders
and 2 points short on Shout (at the moment)
I would say try for Amns in the maul as mana leach from the skulls is not a
big deal for a barb and the set bounes allready has 10% which is quite
enough
The set is the best thing i have every had for a barb he walks around in
hell like he owns the place drops anything without to much effort and what
he doesnt kill he just stands there laughing at